Beta Services

• 1 month later...
51 minutes ago, AquilaTempestas said:

@LionessoftheFire How long are the chapters? If they're under 3000 words I could probably look over them for you.

@AquilaTempestas My chapters are around the 1000 or so word count not very long  And those are for my Garden Glow story  my other story A heart Kisses are around the same length.  

Chapter 1 is only 1356 words on average every chapter is around the same or  more 

Hey there, the first 2 chapters of my crossover's prequel are to be published tomorrow night at the latest. I've already invited four members to beta them and the rest of the prequel for me in a private group PM, but I would like it if there could be more. Like, up to 6 betas. If you are willing to give me CONSTRUCTIVE criticism on grammar, organization, and whether I contradict things that previously happened, as well as general editing, please tell me so that I can add you to the group PM!

Requirements: none, but would be helpful if you are in Pokemon fandom.

Good evening everyone. As detailed in one of my recent status updates I am currently working on a slow-burn long-fic for Dragon Age: Inquisition; pairing f!Cadash x Varric. Right now I am approaching the end of the first chapter, which will be between 1000-2000 words. This will also probably be around the same word count for subsequent chapters. I currently have 2 beta's from tumblr, but would like at least one more beta. I am looking for help with basic edits such as grammar and spelling, but more specifically flow, cohesiveness, and probably most importantly is it believable. Of course constructive criticism outside of the aforementioned areas would be welcome.

Requirements: just someone who doesn't hate the game or the pairing

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi, I recently started writing fanfic and chose Skyrim as my jumping off point. Problem is, I have no idea if I'm a good writer or not. If I have that ability to get a reader's attention and make them want to read more. Unfortunately, I have the self-destructive tendency to compare myself to others, and that doesn't end well. And almost no one I know plays Skyrim, so it's difficult to get feedback from my friends. So, I'm looking for a beta to read my stuff and tell me what grabs them, or doesn't, about my writing. Am I wasting my time or creating something good? 

In return, if needed, I would be happy to help anyone out with grammar/spelling, etc. 

http://archiveofourown.org/users/MyBlueSkye/works

https://www.fanfiction.net/~myblueskye

• 2 months later...
On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 2:13 PM, MyBlueSkye said:

Hi, I recently started writing fanfic and chose Skyrim as my jumping off point. Problem is, I have no idea if I'm a good writer or not. If I have that ability to get a reader's attention and make them want to read more. Unfortunately, I have the self-destructive tendency to compare myself to others, and that doesn't end well. And almost no one I know plays Skyrim, so it's difficult to get feedback from my friends. So, I'm looking for a beta to read my stuff and tell me what grabs them, or doesn't, about my writing. Am I wasting my time or creating something good? 

In return, if needed, I would be happy to help anyone out with grammar/spelling, etc. 

http://archiveofourown.org/users/MyBlueSkye/works

https://www.fanfiction.net/~myblueskye

I'd be happy to help, if you're still looking for it.

• 5 months later...

I would like some help on my Gurren Lagann and Familiar of Zero crossover; just some general stuff, like if it´s actually enjoyable to read, whether the characters remain, well, in character, if I somehow contradict myself, ya know. Just the regular inspection, as my doctor would put it.

Here´s the link:

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12654712/9/The-man-whose-back-would-never-break

There are 9 chapters, btw. Usually 3000 to 4000 words in length. Oh, and Kamina´s the MC. Just gonna throw that out there.

• 1 year later...

Hello everyone.

I'm working on a Pokemon HGSS romance fic (Lyra/Eusine/Lance) that is nearing completion in terms of just getting all the scenes drafted, and I'm looking for someone who can give feedback mainly on some big-picture issues as follows: 

Pacing/order/flow

Order: Does the order of the scenes make sense?

Pacing: Are there any places where something seems like it needed more development, or the opposite, the story got bogged down too much on something?

Flow: The order of scenes changed somewhat during the process of working on the story. Is there anywhere that is overlapping or repetitive or inconsistent as a result?

Characterization

This is a relationship-oriented story. I would like to know if the dynamics of relationships (for example, aspects of a relationship that worked out and did not work out for the couple) make sense and seem realistic, and if the characterization is consistent.

Sentence level

Are there any sentence-level issues that detract from the story (excessively long sentences, etc.)?

Total length is looking like it will be around 15,000 words, not horribly long, but too long to be a one-shot (maybe three chapters of around 5,000 words).