Jump to content

What game are you playing?


Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, AquilaTempestas said:

Oh yeah, Crash is so hard. I got about halfway in the first game and gave up after that. Too frustrating.

Feel free to write up a review or something about Spyro.

OK, thanks! Also, I would recommend getting the second and the third game for crash. The first explicitly had balance problems that have not been seen since, aside from the newest game which was explicitly designed to be more difficult and what’s the first traditional entry in the series for over 20 years. But every game other then those two have done a great job balancing things out and not making things too difficult. Plus the levels and music are a step up. Give it a try! If you got into the first one, but found it too difficult, you might like those two!

Link to post
  • Replies 894
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cards Against Humanity with these weirdos.... Sick lovable bastards. And I love you all.... Mostly. High five from a distance.  @Lightningblade49 @Sakura Alexia @Kage @Stubborn Saber @707 @Shizop

Octopath Traveler demo. 

Grand Theft Auto Online. Building my criminal empire part by part.

  • Administrator
3 hours ago, onewiththewheels said:

OK, thanks! Also, I would recommend getting the second and the third game for crash. The first explicitly had balance problems that have not been seen since, aside from the newest game which was explicitly designed to be more difficult and what’s the first traditional entry in the series for over 20 years. But every game other then those two have done a great job balancing things out and not making things too difficult. Plus the levels and music are a step up. Give it a try! If you got into the first one, but found it too difficult, you might like those two!

I have all 3 Crash games. Got them for free as part of the PS5 free bundle. The weird drift in the jump still exists sadly but that is intentional.

Link to post
  • Administrator
11 hours ago, onewiththewheels said:

Weird drift in the jump? I don’t know what you mean. I haven’t noticed that.

Jumping has to be more precise because the edges are far more sensitive.

"the reason jumps feel harder in the n.sane trilogy isn't really due to falling a bit faster but because collisions can be wonky upon landing"

“Crash’s jump arc is sped up in the N. Sane Trilogy, causing him to land just slightly quicker,” the video explains.

That faster speed may be why players find themselves falling off platforms just after landing on them. 

It means that rather than falling off things, you sort of slide down them a bit first, even if it's a flat plane.”

So, sometimes you think you made the jump but the new landing means you actually fall off the edge that you should've made.

Link to post
13 minutes ago, AquilaTempestas said:

Jumping has to be more precise because the edges are far more sensitive.

"the reason jumps feel harder in the n.sane trilogy isn't really due to falling a bit faster but because collisions can be wonky upon landing"

“Crash’s jump arc is sped up in the N. Sane Trilogy, causing him to land just slightly quicker,” the video explains.

That faster speed may be why players find themselves falling off platforms just after landing on them. 

It means that rather than falling off things, you sort of slide down them a bit first, even if it's a flat plane.”

So, sometimes you think you made the jump but the new landing means you actually fall off the edge that you should've made.

Interesting. I will have to watch for that when I play. Something that I’ve noticed with Spyro is that it seems like the controls are a bit odd. The original I have no problem holding a charge for most of the time, but I spend a lot of time moving slower in this version because I can have trouble controlling him. I feel like the game does move that smoother and faster, so that might be it. Or it may also be that the game was clearly not meant for Nintendo switch, and was instead meant for the PlayStation line of consoles. It may also be because I’m not a fan of the Switch’s control scheme compared to some other ones. Most people have reported being fine with the switch control scheme, although most people agree that the third game has some issues regardless. There were a couple cases of people not adjusting to the controls. So I will see how I feel after I complete all three games (or hopefully complete them). It’s still a good game, but I overall have to play a lot more carefully than I used to in the originals.

Link to post
  • Administrator
38 minutes ago, onewiththewheels said:

Interesting. I will have to watch for that when I play. Something that I’ve noticed with Spyro is that it seems like the controls are a bit odd. The original I have no problem holding a charge for most of the time, but I spend a lot of time moving slower in this version because I can have trouble controlling him. I feel like the game does move that smoother and faster, so that might be it. Or it may also be that the game was clearly not meant for Nintendo switch, and was instead meant for the PlayStation line of consoles. It may also be because I’m not a fan of the Switch’s control scheme compared to some other ones. Most people have reported being fine with the switch control scheme, although most people agree that the third game has some issues regardless. There were a couple cases of people not adjusting to the controls. So I will see how I feel after I complete all three games (or hopefully complete them). It’s still a good game, but I overall have to play a lot more carefully than I used to in the originals.

I'm on the PS5 and the controls feel very 'floaty' 

Link to post
On 3/17/2021 at 11:42 PM, AquilaTempestas said:

I'm on the PS5 and the controls feel very 'floaty' 

I have a bit of the opposite experience with the controls are a bit more sensitive. That being said, I have heard the Switch is a bit more sensitive as a whole, so that may be part of the problem.

anyway, I’m about to finish up the first game, heading to complete the last two levels in the dream weavers world before moving onto the final one. The dream weavers is my favorite world, but I forgot how annoying some of the jumps and mechanics are. Luckily, the next two games helped out with some of the balancing problems, but the quest to get orbs and eggs can be brutal...

also, doing a Pokémon sword run with Galar form evos only. They are some very interesting Pokémon, but they’re really not meant to be on a team together. I’m not sure how far this team Will go (as I try not to grind or do anything of that nature when I play), but so far I have two badges. I do have to say that the way regional forms were handled in Pokémon sword and shield was fantastic, and definitely a step up from Alolan forms (Who honestly felt like the same Pokémon with a new coat of paint, so to speak, even though some of them were pretty cool and had some differences). It makes me interested to see what regional forms will be like in the future and if they will keep going with that idea or try something else (I have a feeling there’s a chance of it being the former, considering it’s been used in two games now).

Link to post

Stuck on the last boss in the first Spyro in the reignited trilogy. As fun as it is, I am really kind of preferring the original. The remake is pretty, but it also brings nothing new to the table and a bunch of other issues. I am still glad they did it though because it captures the spirit of the originals almost perfectly.

Link to post
On 3/22/2021 at 8:22 AM, Apollomon X Stingmon said:

There is no game wrong dimension 

For a second I thought you were making a joke before I realized it actually was the name of the game... XD

Currently playing crash bandicoot two on the crash bandicoot: Nsane Trilogy. So far I’ve died 161 times and I’m on the 10th level, but I am really enjoying it despite that. It’s as fun as it was 20 years ago and I’m hoping I can complete it this time. 
 

i’m also playing Nexomon extinction, even though I don’t like it too much. I got about halfway through before I realized I didn’t like it, and it does have some good parts so I figured I may as well finish it. But it definitely could’ve been done better and the more I get through it the more I realize that. It feels more like a mobile game than a switch game, but it makes sense considering it was a sequel to a Mobile game. I’ve heard the switch game is eventually getting a sequel, but they will have to upgrade a lot of things before I would be willing to buy it. It was at least worth trying, though, because it has a good concept but bad execution.

Link to post
  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/13/2021 at 11:20 AM, Zadien said:

Final fantasy 7 Remake, third play through, to get the Barret resolution scene. 

By the way, I did not get the Barret resolution scene, something went wrong and I ended up with Aerith again so I have to replay another two times. I'm not happy about this. I need to google how not to get Aerith because as far as I'm aware, I don't use her more than others, I didn't do her quests, I basically did everything to NOT get her.

Currently playing FFXV - it's an experience.

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...