The 'share a snippet' of your story thread

This is a snippet from my story called "Adie for a while", a Kane/Salima one.

After he disconnected the call, he delicately smiled to his wife. She looked at him with affection. For the next few moments, it was the night sky and the blue ocean weren't just glancing, but exchanged their glances. Everything seemed so melodramatic. The night sky started to shed its tears. Can it ever rain without grey clouds? Look at the weird phenomenon here. Can ever a sky look up at the ocean?

The blunette gently wiped the saline tears of hers and firmly held her shoulders. He consoled, "I know that you are pregnant and you are prone to weep often, but have faith on me. I'll come back safe. Trust me! I will."

For some time, everything seemed euphoric. His words made her beam. The blunette gently caressed her tummy, lowering his gaze. He rubbed it gently. His eyes narrowed in charm and innocence. He remarked, "I can't believe my eyes. I'll be the father for another child! I am happy about that. Definitely, our child would shower our family with his or her presence. I am eagerly waiting for its arrival. Salima, I may not be able to with it for a few months, but I'll never cease to forget it."

"Then me?" pouted the woman.

The blunette chortled and replied, "You are my wife after all! I need not mention it, because it's understood!"

The Scarlet chortled back in amusement.

Slowly, the blunette bent down, facing her tummy.

He orated, "I know that you are really angry with me. But, your mom is there with you. Don't worry, your papa will never forget you for these months. When I come back, I would either see you grown up inside your mamma's tummy or on her arms. I'll come for you all. You have so many people to love you, to care for you, to cradle you and to keep telling you about your dad. I'll come back soon. Finally, I know that you can't hear me this early, but definitely, later or sooner you'll realize that your papa has told you these words. Look, the ocean and the night sky are bound to not part away. They are always together, so I am always there with your mamma. Do you know how much I loved her? And how much I love her now? I love her because she has true feeling for me. She loves me truly! And, you have strengthened our bond. So, I can understand how important you are to this family. That's the reason. You made us feel as if we're together. But, your dad will never leave this world without cradling you for once. Trust me."

The scarlet's night sky pupils were brimming with happy tears, slowly caressing her cheeks.

"You have so much of confidence in yourself Kane! Sorry if I hadn't trusted you earlier!"

"No problem Salima, no worries. I can be the leader for this family, but I am your husband, who is always there by your side."

The blunette gently buried his head on her tummy, meanwhile the scarlet caressed his indigo scalp and dragged her hands along his shoulders.

After retreating from each other, the blunette glanced at his watch and noticed that it was his time to depart.

"Anyways kitty, it's time for me to leave. Honey is coming home soon."

The Scarlet nodded in hope and meanwhile, felt her fingers intertwined with the blunette's. She knew that it's not safe to touch anyone, but she wasn't able to control her emotions thus, she quickly buried her face on his chest. The blunette however didn't resist, but embraced her around her waist and spine. After retreating, they exchanged the final glances.

And then, the blunette left his sweet family that day…..

Hehehe, I suck at writing family romantic shots so pardon me if it is gross XD

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

[Trigger warning, implied predation.]   Touya’s head throbbed, but it was the least of his problems. The dark stone overhead wasn’t the remnants of Dragonspiral Tower’s peak, and it most cer

I bet some of you will know for sure what this story is about. Take a look Darkness... It was the only thing that the knight, who sat in the corner of the narrow cell, could see; barely illu

I had red-hot inspiration for this for exactly...uh 2 hours. Then I decided to dump it in the mounting pile of unfinished-stuff. It's a Sasuke vs Kakashi fight.  . Yesteryears Stupid Sa

• Administrator

Just a short snippet from my upcoming Dragon Age comedy fic. It's about Cassandra asking Varric to write another edition of Swords and Shields.

-

“Have you completed the next installed of Swords and Shields, Varric?” Cassandra said, looking left and right, as if to ensure no members of the Inquisition were nearby. Only two people were aware of her fascination with romance novels, and she wanted to keep it that way. People didn’t need to know Cassandra had a soft side.

Varric looked up from the table, pushing his mug of ale aside. He flashed her a smirk. “I’ve been trying to think, but the ideas simply aren’t coming, Seeker.” Truthfully? He wasn’t even thinking about the next novel yet. The latest edition of Swords and Shields was continuing to sell well – people were very interested in the romance of Evelyn the Inquisitor and Cullen. He didn’t see a reason to rush out another book anytime too soon.

“But you must have something!”

He shook his head. “I’m afraid I’m all out of ideas. Here’s an idea - why don’t you try and write something?”

“Oh, I could never!” she exclaimed. “Please, Varric. You must. You are the best author.”

He grinned. How could he refuse? “Only because you asked so nicely, Seeker. I will try, but I need some help.”

“Anything!”

-

This is from my TyHil horror thriller "Hammer": 

"Mr. Hiwatari?" She voiced.

"Hn."

"Will you stay here tonight?"

"Yes."

"You're such an intelligent guy," Evaline frowned, "Still you want to stay here?"

"Hm, your brother must have told you," Kai crossed his arms, "Since Mrs. Granger is hospitalized, he has to accompany her. The whole mansion will be empty, so…"

"But don't know why," Evaline smirked, "I think you have come to me."

Kai didn't feel the necessity of replying to this statement of the blunette, rather grinning. She added, "My brother is in hospital now. Now, at this dojo, there are only two people: You and me. Umm…nope, I think I'm wrong a bit. Another person is with us here too at this time."

The detective showed no reaction but yawned. Hanging her face, Evaline asked, "Aren't you feeling scared? Didn't you see what the condition of my sister-in-law was?"

"Yeah, I surely did," Kai affirmed, "You're a skilled player."

"Player?"

"Hm. Where's your aunt? Call her."

Little by little, the facial expression of the blunette was changing. Face was getting reddened; the confused eyeballs were moving here and there. Somehow, sliding her hand under the pillow, she pulled out a hammer which still had the dried stains of the blood of the brunette. Right at that time, the bright tube-light became dim and started vibrating. A wicked gust of the wind blew around them; Kai felt the presence of someone behind him; her hands encompassing his neck slowly. The glasses of the sliding windows started shaking violently for the untimely wind. The odor was somewhat like a rotten egg. The detective tried his best not to lose his cool. Otherwise, any accident could happen to him anytime.

"Aunt Azumi, this guy is pretty tough," Evaline seethed, "He isn't afraid to die."

With heavy footsteps, the womanly figure stood in front of the detective. Her face was blurred; Kai couldn't see it properly.

"Everyone fears death in this world, Eva," Azumi licked her lips, "Except the fools."

"No aunt, Kai is not a fool. But he doesn't really fear death."

"Really?"

Azumi gently scratched on Kai's face with her nails. Seeing her creepy smile which came through her toothless lips, the hands and feet of the detective became icy. When Azumi revealed another hammer from her corset too, he stood up, wanting to go but it was too late. Azumi grasped his neck and pinned him on the ground under her heavy body. Sensing so much strength in the body of a woman like her, Kai became surprised. He was tossing his hands and legs to be free but failing unfortunately. No doubt why Evaline was so confident that she wouldn't get arrested for her deeds. Let alone any cop, no human being on the earth could confront Azumi ever-be him with arms or not.

"I'll smash you today," Standing up, Evaline looked at the sky, "Crushing all the bones of your body."

"You can do nothing to me," Kai whispered, "There is one who will save me."

"Who?" Evaline asked.

"Your mother, Yoshie Granger whom you killed before several years. She'll protect me."

"No, no, no!" Suppressed panic could be heard from the voice of aunt Azumi, "It can't be! You're lying!"

"Nope," Kai shook his head, "She's right under the bed."

Evaline burst out laughter, just like a ghoul. Azumi joined her too. She said between hiccups, "See Eva, I have never seen an idiot like him in my life."

"Really aunt, he's an idiot!" The younger blunette simpered.

"Planning with his wife, he has come here to fall willingly into the open jaw of death," Azumi commented, "He thought that we didn't know anything."

"He wanted to make that redhead Yoshie Granger, hahahaha…." Evaline's laughter spread all over the room, "Stupid boy. What do you think of us?"

"Where have you kept that girl by the way, Eva?" Azumi questioned.

"Knocked her out with a single blow of the old kendo stick of grandpa," Her niece answered, "Maybe, she's dead or not…however, I've dumped her in the backward garage."

Kai's whole body became cold at this. What the hell had those bitches done to his Aylin? Was she okay? His eyes went widened in shock. Even in the winter, he was sweating. Damn, he should never have risked the life of his wife in this case! Kai regretted his decision to ask the redhead for help before a while.

"Don't let her survive," The aunt instructed, "Not even Tyson. Finish him too."

"Sure," Evaline nodded like an obedient soldier, "Tyson has been surely a headache to us recently. I don't think he deserves to be alive in this world anymore."

"He's disturbing us a lot," The elder woman said, "Finishing him right tonight, we will go away from here-to such a place where nobody will be able to find us. I've fixed everything."

The detective gulped, feeling the sensations of real fear for the first time in his life. He thought that something worse was waiting for him really at that night. He was also very worried about his wife, that's why he wanted to stand up, removing Azumi from his top somehow but the first task itself was too hard for him to accomplish. Azumi's fingers and body were just like iron shackles, not letting him move a single inch away from his position. His heart throbbed. If he weren't successful today, not only his, but also a lot of lives would get destroyed for these two maniacs. They wouldn't even let Tyson, their own family member, live for their selfish motives. Why?

.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

What would happen after it? Is this Kai's end? 

• Board Moderator

Always loved this one, and so did my readers.

This is from Beyond the Reality, from chapter 10.

--------------------------

“Maya…” Lilith whispered, but she couldn’t say more, as the Siren didn’t let her.

“Silence!” Maya’s markings flared up as she summoned an orb of purple flames and threw it at them. They scattered around to not be hit.

The woman walked closer, slowly, unrelenting, the power she emanated made everyone’s hair stand on edge as she approached.

“You betrayed me!” 

She locked Amara, as the Siren flailed helplessly in her dimensional bubble, with a quick motion of her wrist, she threw her away into Fl4k like garbage. The two fell and rolled on the ground a few feet, with the robot’s metallic arms digging into the woman’s stomach, but not enough to do more than just a few scratches, the impact against them had been more painful.

“I trusted you!”

Again, she threw an orb of fire, this time against Ava, who scrambled away, and would have got hit if Lilith hadn’t been quick enough to Phasewalk to her and grab her by the scruff of her neck, and pull her away. The two fell on their knees from the motion, with the kid holding on to the Firehawk for support, as she trembled in fear.

“Why did you leave me to die!?”

Out of panic, as Maya approached her, Moze fired at her with her rifle, but her bullets all bounced back, as the Siren put a barrier around her with her Phaselock. One of the many shots ended up hitting the Gunner herself in the arm, as she cried out in pain and held onto the wound as it bled through her fingers.

“What did I do to deserve it!?”

Zane attempted to get between her and Moze, only to be pushed away from Maya’s barrier as she threw it against him with a thrust of her hand. He flew backwards barrelling into the Gunner as he did, knocking her off her feet too, as she did her best to catch herself and not injure herself further.

She didn’t quite hear what the Operative told her, but it sounded like an apology. She welcomed it, but it was not exactly what she needed at the moment. Lilith had warned them to not get hurt, as they would have to keep their wounds until when they managed to leave, if, they would be able to at all.

They were not intentioned to go back without fixing things with Maya, leaving her in this state was not an option, didn’t matter if she did or did not want to come back with them, they had to try, they owed her. It was their fault, and they had to fix this in some way.

“Was I too weak!?”

This one had been directed towards Lilith specifically, not knowing what Maya would do, she backed off and held Ava behind her.

The Firehawk had always prided herself to be the strongest Siren that Pandora had ever seen, her friends, the bandits, and even Handsome Jack had claimed it, they had said that she was the most powerful. She had no idea, nor had never cared of the impact these words could have for Maya. She was well known and feared from everyone, as the Siren that killed Jack and took down Hyperion, while Maya… Maya always remained in the shadows, like a nobody.

She did not think about it until this very moment. Sirens were prideful about their powers after all, herself, Amara, the twins, Maya had to be too, but her being as humble as she had been, never made Lilith give much thought at the consequences of who she, as the Firehawk, was and had become as the time passed.

“Was I not good enough!?”

Maya’s markings brightened again, activating her powers and creating a pair of wings made of the same hollow and ghostly purple flames she had been throwing at them all along. The fire created by her wings expanded and circled them, making sure they has no way to escape her, the heat becoming unbearable.

Lilith felt Ava hold her tighter, she could hear the Vault Hunters behind them getting up and circling the two, as Maya, in front of them all, elevated herself off the ground, and glared down on them.

The Firehawk looked back at her, once again taking in the sight of her friend’s new wings, they had always been bigger and in a pair of four, like butterfly wings, a bright orange fire the upper ones and an acid green the others, or they used to be that way back then. They were just purple flames now, but the right one, was tainted with the black smoke of the right arm, while the other, mirrored the red markings in its smaller streaks.

They would have been beautiful, if the person that had them wasn’t intentioned to kill them all.

Maya just looked at them, one by one, her mouth clenched as she closed her eyes then opened them again, a single tear falling from her silver orb.

“Was I not worth saving?”

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/15/2020 at 7:40 AM, Sakura Alexia said:

Maya just looked at them, one by one, her mouth clenched as she closed her eyes then opened them again, a single tear falling from her silver orb.

“Was I not worth saving?”

Haunting last couple of lines there!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have been experimenting with a lot of other pairings, but recently am getting back to Lyra/Lance. This is from my most recent story, Warmth:

From the first time she met him, there were three things she already knew.

The first time she ever set eyes on him, pushing rain-slick bangs out of her face as her shoes squelched in the mud on the lakeshore, she knew he was no ordinary trainer. That was the first thing. She squinted up at him in the driving rain, taking in the fiery spikes of upswept hair, the clean lines of his face, the cloak snapping in the wind. The only people she knew who had such strong individual style were gym leaders; maybe he was one she just hadn’t met yet.

She had flushed as he complimented her on the control and finesse of her battle with the red gyarados, out on the lake: the way she had steadily worn away at the enraged serpent until it was too weary to break free from her pokeball.

If she weren’t careful, she told herself, she would fall for him.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Nubushi said:

Haunting last couple of lines there!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have been experimenting with a lot of other pairings, but recently am getting back to Lyra/Lance. This is from my most recent story, Warmth:

From the first time she met him, there were three things she already knew.

The first time she ever set eyes on him, pushing rain-slick bangs out of her face as her shoes squelched in the mud on the lakeshore, she knew he was no ordinary trainer. That was the first thing. She squinted up at him in the driving rain, taking in the fiery spikes of upswept hair, the clean lines of his face, the cloak snapping in the wind. The only people she knew who had such strong individual style were gym leaders; maybe he was one she just hadn’t met yet.

She had flushed as he complimented her on the control and finesse of her battle with the red gyarados, out on the lake: the way she had steadily worn away at the enraged serpent until it was too weary to break free from her pokeball.

If she weren’t careful, she told herself, she would fall for him.

I will never grow tired of reading Lance/Lyra :D 

• 3 months later...

This is a snippet from my Digimon story  "Meaning of Forgiveness"

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Kouichi shivered, not liking the dangerous tone in his voice. “Who are ‘they’ Yuki?”

“The Humans.” A sudden coldness seeped into his body. He was human. Aegiomon glanced over his shoulder. Brown eye gazed into amethyst. “You are nothing like them, Kouichi.”

“But…”

“You are your father’s son. Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise, not even the scientist and his agents,” he said. “Not all humans, nor digimon are bad. The Chosen are not your enemy.” Kouichi bristled at that. The Chosen? Not the enemy? Please. They were trying to stop them from collecting the Digital World’s digicode. They were trying to stop Lord Cherubimon from restoring the Digital World to its former state. They were trying to keep his father away from him. Kouji was trying to keep his father away from him. “Trust me, my friend. Hate is nothing more than a curse if you allow it to consume you. It will destroy you if you let it.”

A snippet from chapter 2 of Insatiable MHW story.

Everything started with the Paolumu in the Highlands. He recalled its foaming maw, its needle-like teeth, and crazed howl. The beast was clearly possessed by something unknown. His memories reeled him back to the moment teeth met flesh and bone. There were absolutely no words to describe the pain felt at that very moment in time. Rows of razor sharp teeth acted like knives, slicing into his flesh deeper and deeper, severing muscle layers one inch at a time. He watched in horror as saliva oozed into his wound, merging with this bloodstream, sending out pathogens across his body. In retrospect, he should be dead but he isn’t. Why?

• Administrator

From Reign of Chaos

The whole purpose of this scene is to convey a general sense of a shitty situation.

Sebastian is obviously the person with the power over the captive, Jillian.

The goal? Try to pain Sebby as a bit of a douche.

-

“I said that’s enough now!” Sebastian caught hold off the hero’s wrists to prevent her from lashing out. He knocked her weapon out of her hands, before drawing his captive close, arms wrapping around her in an embrace. It would’ve been comforting if not for the shackles around her arms. “There we go. Easy now. You’ve been hurt enough for one day.” He stood back and smirked.

Thrashing against her restraints did nothing but exhaust Jillian. Though it was amusing to watch the so-called champion try. She would pull at the chains and grunt and strain, as if that would somehow loosen her shackles, but all she died was tire herself. Eventually, her shoulders sagged, and she fell to the ground in a tangle of limbs, drawing in deep ragged breaths. He caught a glimpse of tears rolling down her pallid, dirt-stained cheeks.

“Sssh,” Sebastian murmured. “It’s enough. You’ve done more than enough. You’ve fought bravely, but the war is lost.”

Jillian lifted her head. Through teary eyes, she said, “My people will keep fighting.”

He chuckled, bemused. “Fighting for what? Your idea of a better world? Do you not see – under my leadership, society has become more efficient.”

Giving him a defiant look, Jillian said, “You’re exploiting the working class for your personal gain! People are working through the day and the night to make ends meet, but you and your cult stand aside and do nothing to help them.”

Sebastian sighed. “You have such a narrow-minded view on the world, Jillian. Someone must control the people. Someone must make progress happen. Do you think that if we followed your philosophy that we would have even made it to this era? We see the bigger picture.”

“Your laws are killing people.”

He kneeled before her. “I’ve given the poor people a chance to earn wages. It’s better than having them polluting the streets.”

She spat in his face. “Monster!”

He struck her in the face, his dark eyes alight with feral pain. “I’ve tried to reason with you, but the fun must end. There is no place for you or your kind here in our world.” He drew a hand into his black coat and pulled out a revolver. Aiming it at the space on the floor before her knees, he pulled back the trigger, firing the bullet.

“My people will keep fighting,” Jillian said, pulling herself up from the ground.

He grabbed a clump of hair, his other hand still resting on the trigger of the revolver. One more bullet. He struck her again in the other cheek, so hard he left a stinging red mark behind. “They can be easily replaced. Give them the promise of power and glory and they line up just waiting to be recruited. Like moths to a flame.” He threw his head back and gave a sardonic laugh. “Oh, you fought a noble war, but your efforts have all been for nothing. You’re trying to save all these people that can’t be saved. Adorable, really, but it’s just a dream.”

“We will never give up fighting.”

He brought his face close to her right ear and whispered, “The world you wish to live in doesn’t exist nor will it ever.”

Raising the gun once more, he pulled the trigger.