Question of the Day!

• Board Moderator

Aight, new event time! This will be a more frequent one but anyone can start it off for the day, it's all for generating chat and letting people get involved in the community! 

It's a simple premise- We try each day to start a new conversation. It can be about writing, art, or any general subject you think will make a great discussion topic. Just make sure it's appropriate, and refrain from picking fights if someone's view conflicts with yours. 'I like pineapple on pizza' ain't going to hurt anyone. 

If a day passes and you haven't contributed, there's no limit to answering as long as you do it before the next question starts :lol:

Again, anyone can submit the next question as long as it's friendly and appropriate. 

• Board Moderator

I shall kick off with the first question!

"How did you find this community?"

This mostly refers to this iteration of the forum, but for people who migrated from the older versions, this will still apply ^_^ How did you end up in the previous board, etc. 

• Community Leader

I barely arrived just to see the first Pokemaniacs die back on the other board host, I was an avid reader of fanfiction back then, I was looking for anything related to Cynthia and I happened to look, read, and favorite a lot of stuff on Aquila's profile, so she contacted me and invited me.

I was really hesitant, as I had been in forums but never managed to get in well, but surely it has been one of the best decisions of my life to go with it.

• Board Moderator

I'll make a second daily question, if 24 hours passes from the previous question you are free to create a new conversation ^^ 

What is a book, TV show or movie that you believe everyone should read or watch? 

• Board Moderator

I shall quick answer the previous question then ask a new one XD 

Answer- Tired but mostly chill, today is shooting by. 

New question! 

What is the first video game you remember playing? 

For myself, I believe it was a Sonic game. Either Sonic Mega Collection Plus or Sonic Heroes. 

• Community Leader

I don't quite rememmber which console was the first for me, if the game boy color or my PS1, but, on the game boy I had like a game of Alice in Wonderland I think wasn't even legit cuz it wasn't even in italian (lol), and on the PS1 was Bugs Bunny Lost in Time, which I still have.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Board Moderator

If I go by popularity/reception, my best stories are my Pokemon Truth or Dare story with the villains (scrapped and on FFN with 14 chapters) and my Supernatural oneshot 'The Novak-Milligan-Winchester Christmas' (on FFN and Archive). I had so much fun writing the latter and consider it my best fanfiction because it actually succeeded in being crack that genuinely made people laugh. 

If I go based on what I enjoy writing and put the most effort into, my WIP stories Shattered and BCOTS haven't been put up to get the same reception, but I genuinely love the characters I made and am generally proud of these stories. 

• Community Leader

Definitely my crossover story, its the longest and has the most engagement, at least on archive, I don't really count FFN because I'm not getting a thing there.

Its the story with the most views there but barely any comments, which are what count to me the most. On archive its mostly thanks to one person but they encouraged other people to interact as well, so it worked out.

Also the fact that I am spending a lot of effort and I'm very invested in it and genuinely excited about it automatically makes it the best one.