• Administrator

Another one of the biggest bands in the power metal genre. originally fronted by the amazing Roy Khan, Roy left after Poetry for the Poisoned (but he's back making music now with Conception), and was replaced by Tommy Karevik. The Tommy-era began with Silverthorn in 2012!

I love both Roy and Tommy. Both signers have their own style and are both excellent. I can't choose between them.

My journey started with the song The Haunting featuring Simone Simons from Epica. What about you?

@Serena @Jarjarisdaone @TJMike@sumerian @BONK @TRmember

On 1/11/2022 at 7:39 PM, AquilaTempestas said:

Another one of the biggest bands in the power metal genre. originally fronted by the amazing Roy Khan, Roy left after Poetry for the Poisoned (but he's back making music now with Conception), and was replaced by Tommy Karevik. The Tommy-era began with Silverthorn in 2012!

I love both Roy and Tommy. Both signers have their own style and are both excellent. I can't choose between them.

My journey started with the song The Haunting featuring Simone Simons from Epica. What about you?

@Serena @Jarjarisdaone @TJMike

Same start point as you!

Love both eras Got shocked after hearing Tommy live

Fave albums

The Black Halo, Silverthorn, Haven

Fave songs

Lunar Sanctum

Center Of The Universe

The Haunting

Rule The World (Tommy)

The Great Pandemonium (Tommy)

Sacrimony

Under Grey Skies

Liar Liar

In Twilight Hours

Phantom Divine

• Administrator

Oh, I know about you and Tommy haha :D

But holy hell, that I AM THE EMPIRE concert is so darn good! Tommy sounds so amazing live! He was great when I saw him too.

I love all those songs too! Very awesome list, yes! I'm really looking forward to the next Kamelot album. We know Melissa Bonny is going to be a guest, but I wonder if anyone will?

• Administrator
18 hours ago, Jarjarisdaone said:

Confession time. I listened to the Black Halo, and honestly wasn't much of a fan. I didn't like a lot of the guitar tones and other effects. Kinda like how Resist is still Within Temptation, but totally different at the same time, The Black Halo to me was still power metal, just different.

Yeah, Kamelot was a bit hit and miss for me when I first heard them because of your exact reasons. They did eventually grow on me. Have you listened to any of the Tommy era? Or Conception?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...