• Administrator
On 1/2/2021 at 6:56 PM, Sin-sanity Hyperdrive said:

5 year wait eh? Cant tell if that's dedication or insanity XD

It's a long time indeed! When do you think you'll do the rewrite of your fantasy fic? 

And what do people think of the humour on the show? I think it's quite cheesy but hilarious at the same time but I love jokes.

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Removed from the English dub

This is cool. 

Don't view these spoilers if you can't handle extremely good-looking male anime characters.  I'm warning you. Think about this carefully before viewing this spoiler.  @chocolatexloverx16

Posted Images

On 1/9/2021 at 2:10 PM, AquilaTempestas said:

It's a long time indeed! When do you think you'll do the rewrite of your fantasy fic? 

And what do people think of the humour on the show? I think it's quite cheesy but hilarious at the same time but I love jokes.

Tyson and Daichi moments.....still makes me shake my bed/chair due to laughter xD 

• Administrator

One of my favourite scenes happened in 01 on the big ship (where they find Robbie).

Max is trying to do some weights but can't use it because he's not strong enough, so he claims the machine 'is broken because it's not working'. Love that line.

I also love the mini argument between Michael and Emily in 01 (the episode where Max takes on Emily). Judy claims Emily is the best on the team so she will battle today, and Michael calls her a munchkin. Emily is all smug about the whole thing and tells Michael to go and get a hotdog. Friggen love it.

With beyblade, I don’t find it funny when they’re intentionally trying to be funny, my enjoyment comes from those moments that shouldn’t be funny but are. Like Kai standing on random spires and thin, tall, buildings. He takes off his scarf and cracks the pavement. That’s... supposed to be really intense but it’s hilarious.

Max skydiving out of a helicopter and Mystel casually hanging from buildings. All normal but hilarious. Tala and co have gun launchers? Sure. Unintentionally hilarious. 

But I also find the good natured teasing fun too. Cringe humour however has never been funny to me. I can’t even watch people audition for X-factor. My second hand embarrassment is extreme. 

• Administrator
On 1/11/2021 at 8:19 PM, Zadien said:

With beyblade, I don’t find it funny when they’re intentionally trying to be funny, my enjoyment comes from those moments that shouldn’t be funny but are. Like Kai standing on random spires and thin, tall, buildings. He takes off his scarf and cracks the pavement. That’s... supposed to be really intense but it’s hilarious.

Max skydiving out of a helicopter and Mystel casually hanging from buildings. All normal but hilarious. Tala and co have gun launchers? Sure. Unintentionally hilarious. 

But I also find the good natured teasing fun too. Cringe humour however has never been funny to me. I can’t even watch people audition for X-factor. My second hand embarrassment is extreme. 

Oh god, yeah those moments are funny. Doesn't Kai get neck cramps from wearing such a heavy scarf? Anime logic.

Name one episode that really stands out to you!

@Zadien  @Sin-sanity Hyperdrive  @inyo  @Indigo Jupiter  @Emerald Ramira Mayvin  @Aurelia Aurita  @MasKaiHilFantic @Shashreetha  @Seafoam nightfall  @ILoveMySweetIndia  @Stark02  @Kitty  @Autumn Witch  @Nirianne @darkened-storm  @LionessoftheFire

6 hours ago, AquilaTempestas said:

Oh god, yeah those moments are funny. Doesn't Kai get neck cramps from wearing such a heavy scarf? Anime logic.

Name one episode that really stands out to you!

@Zadien  @Sin-sanity Hyperdrive  @inyo  @Indigo Jupiter  @Emerald Ramira Mayvin  @Aurelia Aurita  @MasKaiHilFantic @Shashreetha  @Seafoam nightfall  @ILoveMySweetIndia  @Stark02  @Kitty  @Autumn Witch  @Nirianne @darkened-storm  @LionessoftheFire

Episode 39 of G-Revolution - Everyone comes and prepares to fight the BEGA! And we can see feminism too XD

• Administrator
23 hours ago, Seafoam nightfall said:

Episode 39 of G-Revolution - Everyone comes and prepares to fight the BEGA! And we can see feminism too XD

I can't remember the details of that one and I have all the episodes! What happened?

I found it really difficult to choose a single episode that really stood out to me, but my favourite episode from 01 was Blading With the Stars (Ep 22). That's the episode the celebrity American bladers fight. Also the one in which Max battles Emily and teaches her a few things. It's a filler episode, but it was a fun one. Not to mention, features some brief Michael and Emily interaction.

1 hour ago, AquilaTempestas said:

I can't remember the details of that one and I have all the episodes! What happened?

I found it really difficult to choose a single episode that really stood out to me, but my favourite episode from 01 was Blading With the Stars (Ep 22). That's the episode the celebrity American bladers fight. Also the one in which Max battles Emily and teaches her a few things. It's a filler episode, but it was a fun one. Not to mention, features some brief Michael and Emily interaction.

Its that episode where all thrive to get beyblade parts to fight the BEGA (I mean the BEAG ID card thingy). And all the bladers get together, girls beybattle the boys and the girls win XD

Yep, that episode episode was good too.

"Grab my digits dude"

The Lake episode stands out the most to me. It's iconic. It's the culmination of every moment Kai reached out to them, though reluctantly, guiding them, supporting them but keeping himself distant. And then when everything came to a head, where he stood with the line in front of him of where he wanted to go, who he wanted to be, he chose to be a Bladebreaker, he chose friendship. He still has trouble with it, he's innately ambitious and competitive, but, in the end, he'll support his friends.

And I love the fact that they use this drowning motif again in season 3 when he's battling Brooklyn. Losing is not something he copes with well, and when he feels out of his depth, he literally ends up out of his depth. It's really clever.

The lake episode is also amazing for sky jumping Max and Dranzer not standing by, overall a great culmination in a character's personal journey.

Hello all! 
I just finished reading this whole thread all 15 pages lol.

It was fun reading all your opinions on the show. I really want to watch the whole thing all over again... it’s been too long.

Aquila invited me because I’m a huge fan of the beyblade fandom. And really wish there were more of us out there...

Anyways.... my favorite characters are Kai, Tala, Rei and Max... 

My favorite season was definitely the first one! I watched it back when I was 12 I think... I just remember watching the episodes as they aired and forcibly trying to get all my friends into it. Season 2 I hated Wyatt but loved Max/Mariam. And season 3 the art... everyone got a glow up in season 3. :wub:

Which also brings me to, I was surprised at the lack of anyone mentioning the dark bladers! I remember being obsessed with them and the Majestics! 

Fav teams: Majestics and Blitzkrieg Boys

As for couples, I pretty much ship anyone with Kai.:D I like Ty/Hillary I think they are what each other needs. But seriously I love fan fiction and have read some Kai/Hill I love too(but like I said anyone with Kai) I am also a fan of odd couplings, like Bryan/Mariah... I will read pretty much any coupling. I also like OC’s too.

On to the episode question... I feel like I have to bring up the beybattle between Rei and Bryan in season 1... the epicness... I remember fan-girling so hard when Ray’s hair was undone, this was the first time seeing him with his hair undone and my friend and I went absolutely gaga! Ah, memories...:P

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, MinijAkane said:

Hello all! 
I just finished reading this whole thread all 15 pages lol.

It was fun reading all your opinions on the show. I really want to watch the whole thing all over again... it’s been too long.

Aquila invited me because I’m a huge fan of the beyblade fandom. And really wish there were more of us out there...

Anyways.... my favorite characters are Kai, Tala, Rei and Max... 

My favorite season was definitely the first one! I watched it back when I was 12 I think... I just remember watching the episodes as they aired and forcibly trying to get all my friends into it. Season 2 I hated Wyatt but loved Max/Mariam. And season 3 the art... everyone got a glow up in season 3. :wub:

Which also brings me to, I was surprised at the lack of anyone mentioning the dark bladers! I remember being obsessed with them and the Majestics! 

Fav teams: Majestics and Blitzkrieg Boys

As for couples, I pretty much ship anyone with Kai.:D I like Ty/Hillary I think they are what each other needs. But seriously I love fan fiction and have read some Kai/Hill I love too(but like I said anyone with Kai) I am also a fan of odd couplings, like Bryan/Mariah... I will read pretty much any coupling. I also like OC’s too.

On to the episode question... I feel like I have to bring up the beybattle between Rei and Bryan in season 1... the epicness... I remember fan-girling so hard when Ray’s hair was undone, this was the first time seeing him with his hair undone and my friend and I went absolutely gaga! Ah, memories...:P

Oh I remember that Bryan vs Rei fight. 

"And I hope you fare... badly!" said Bryan. The way he said it just made me laugh.

Oh yeah the lake episode was a big turning point for Kai @Zadien . But I also liked how it was Max that kinda saved the day instead of Tyson being the one. Tyson got through to Kai, but it Max's blade that Kai couldn't beat.

I didn't like Wyatt either. He seemed kinda annoying. Bryan/Mariah. That's a new one. Interesting dynamic.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Does anyone have any idea what positions Eddy, Steven and Michael might play in their respective sports?

Also, speaking of sport, how athletic do you think beybladers would have to be in comparison to real sports?

Personally, I think beyblading is a bit of both - mental fortitude to keep fighting and also being somewhat in shape, but I doubt they'd have to be as fit as some of the other sports like football, basketball, tennis etc.

Stamina wise, they probably don’t need the same intensity as other sports but they’d definitely need to work arm and core, and probably legs too just to build up some strength for launching. But it does seem to be a more mental sport. Then again there’s some physicality having to fly around when beybattles take you into weird and wonderful worlds, and Tyson carries a few of his team, even chases down a car. So honestly, it’s open to interpretation. 

as for the other three, no clue. Don’t watch their sports. None of them play ice hockey. 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Zadien said:

Stamina wise, they probably don’t need the same intensity as other sports but they’d definitely need to work arm and core, and probably legs too just to build up some strength for launching. But it does seem to be a more mental sport. Then again there’s some physicality having to fly around when beybattles take you into weird and wonderful worlds, and Tyson carries a few of his team, even chases down a car. So honestly, it’s open to interpretation. 

as for the other three, no clue. Don’t watch their sports. None of them play ice hockey. 

Ha ha true. Animes are so weird. The inhumanely possible becomes possible. *looks at Kai standing on that tower that really should not be possible?*

If we took the ridiculousness of creating new worlds out of one's mind and flying through the air and running at impossible speeds, I think beybladers would be reasonably fit, but I don't they'd require the same level of athleticism as the other sports (if we take away the supernatural inhumane powers of course*

I'm thinking back to the early episodes of season 1 where Tyson was just a blader without a bitbeast practicing in tiny dishes with the local school kids. There's some endurance training, a lot of mental training, and arm workouts for launching. I don't think beybladers are gonna need abs of steel though haha.

No abs of steel but a strong core would still be important and so some would have abs just from that. The twist and flexibility of some of their launch styles would be brutal on the obliques and being able to sink into a launch and have good posture would all come down to core. 

But yeah it wouldn’t be as physically intensive as other sports for sure. 

Edited by Zadien
  • 2 months later...
  • Administrator
On 2/3/2021 at 7:48 PM, Zadien said:

No abs of steel but a strong core would still be important and so some would have abs just from that. The twist and flexibility of some of their launch styles would be brutal on the obliques and being able to sink into a launch and have good posture would all come down to core. 

But yeah it wouldn’t be as physically intensive as other sports for sure. 

Good points! I remember Hilary's training lessons back in 02 but I can't recall of they ever did anything like that again.

Speaking of blading... What is the most memorable moment to you?

@Beyblade origins or happy @Seafoam nightfall @Aurelia Aurita @MasKaiHilFantic @MinijAkane @Zadien @darkened-storm  @Nirianne

• 2 weeks later...