Ask the Jellicle Collective

Here you can ask most of us questions.  Some of us aren't willing to answer questions so,  please don't ask those alters to answer anything 

OK to ask questions:

Host aka Chroma, Rohylde, Florentine, Ashlynn, Adaline, Minnie (occasionally. No "grown up questions"), Candy, Pip, Carmel, Sol

Do not ask questions (Either non human or incredibly cruel)

Athena, Maggie, Vista, Connie

So,please ask away.

• Community Leader

Hi there! I know you said that you’re private about your art, so if you don’t want to share any for now, (though I would love to see it sometime!) I wanted to ask what kind of art you like to do? Such as digital or traditional, or like, fanart or Pokémon

Just now, AquilaTempestas said:

All right.

Questions!

1. What sort of music do you enjoy?
  2. What made you come here anyway?

We enjoy a wide variety of music tastes from annoyingly cheerful kids pop when Minnie is fronting, to reconstructed Norse music's when Ashlynn is fronting. 

It all depends on the alter.

As for why we came here, we came to meet new people,  as many people stigmatise DID and it can be hard to make friends with it. We're hoping we won't face it here.

1 minute ago, Hikari said:

Hi there! I know you said that you’re private about your art, so if you don’t want to share any for now, (though I would love to see it sometime!) I wanted to ask what kind of art you like to do? Such as digital or traditional, or like, fanart or Pokémon

Florentine is our artist and she loves to draw in a very cute, over exaggerated chibi style,  especially frogs. Her favourite thing is frogs.

• Community Leader
3 minutes ago, HrafnagudDottir said:Florentine is our artist and she loves to draw in a very cute, over exaggerated chibi style,  especially frogs. Her favourite thing is frogs.

That sounds really cute! A chibi style can be really hard, so I’m impressed! Also, frogs are awesome, I agree 

3 hours ago, AquilaTempestas said:
  1. You said you liked Minecraft. What sort of stuff have you made?
  2. Do you read fanfiction?
  3. What sort of foods/drinks do you like?
  4. What do you like to knit?

I mostly just build into a mountain like a dwarf, or try to build a castle when we have the attention span of a sparrow.

2, I believe Ash already mentioned we used to but don't currently as we previously split fictional characters 

3. Again, this wildly depends on the fronting alter, but chicken curry is always good 

4. I like to knit scarves and squares for a blanket 

8 hours ago, Nirianne said:

Do you have any favorite animals or animal companions?

Crows. They're usually a sign our deities are watching over us.

On 9/30/2021 at 11:41 AM, VectorLogic said:

Do you have a collection of sorts? You know, like teddy bears, enamel pins, anime posters? 

Nope, unless you count a mass of embroidery thread for bracelets 

• HrafnagudDottir changed the title to Ask the Jellicle Collective
  • 2 weeks later...

Welcome. I can't remember if I said hi. I'm a teacher, and I need to fill in for a Vikings class. History is not my forte.

You seem to know a lot about Norse runes and poetry. Are you able to tell me what this is about?

Ráðumk þér Loddfáfnir en þú ráð nemir njóta mundu ef þú nemr þér munu góð ef þú getr ef þú vilt þér góða konu kveðja at gamanrúnum ok fá fögnuð af fögru skaltu heita ok láta fast vera leiðisk manngi gott ef getr?

59 minutes ago, SilveryMoonShadow said:

Welcome. I can't remember if I said hi. I'm a teacher, and I need to fill in for a Vikings class. History is not my forte.

You seem to know a lot about Norse runes and poetry. Are you able to tell me what this is about?

Ráðumk þér Loddfáfnir en þú ráð nemir njóta mundu ef þú nemr þér munu góð ef þú getr ef þú vilt þér góða konu kveðja at gamanrúnum ok fá fögnuð af fögru skaltu heita ok láta fast vera leiðisk manngi gott ef getr?

That's a stanza from a poem out of Sæmund's Edda. In particular from the Hávamál lit. "Words of the High One" which is Óðinn. The Hávamál is a singular poem, followed by the Rúnatal and Ljóðatal. It's  both philosophical and sometimes practical.

As primarily a Lokean Eclectic, we don't strictly follow the Hávamál but instead follow Loki and his kin. The other deities we also honour are Cthonic in nature. So the Hávamál is a contraindication to our practice. 

5 hours ago, AquilaTempestas said:

Do you like bubble tea? 

Do you have any cool pieces of jewelry? 

It's decent although it's hard to find one we all like - Ashlynn

We have a Mjollnir necklace and a yggdrasil ring