Jump to content

New World Order: The Rift [ARC 2]


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • AquilaTempestas

    1070

  • Sakura Alexia

    1068

  • Administrator

Morty shrugs.

"I mean, it is true. They do find this stuff kinda... uh, appealing."

Volkner takes a step back as if he thinks the skeleton is going to implode.

"Go right ahead. I'll be way over here." He moves to the opposite side of the room.

Morty rolls his eyes and touches the skeleton's right hand. At first, nothing happens.

Then... it comes to life!

The skeleton rams a knee forward, catching Morty right off guard.

He drops immediately to the ground, curled up into a protective stance. 

The skeleton makes a weird cackling noise and frees itself from the ceiling.

"...What the fuck?!" Volkner screams.

 

 

Link to post
  • Administrator

They both look at you.

"You have no idea," Morty mumbles.

Volkner tries not to snicker. "It's always funny when it happens to someone else."

"I'll keep that in mind." Morty looks over at the skeleton. "They don't die so easily. Undead it might be, but it's tied to magic. You find the person who created it, and then it'll die."

Link to post
  • Administrator

Morty nods.

"Seems that way... And they obviously wanted to protect something... Why else would you have a skeleton guard?"

"To keep something out," Volkner chimes in.

Morty nods again. "Right. Makes you wonder what is hiding behind that door?"

"We didn't find any food," Volkner says.

"We're gonna head to the shops. There's a few not too far from the showgrounds."

Volkner sighs. "Great. We have to walk a fair way."

Morty looks at you both. "And slowly might I add."

Link to post
  • Administrator

Morty gives you a frown.

"Let's just say I won't be running anytime soon. Damn skeleton."

Volkner's stomach also growls. "I could do with a burger right about now."

You walk away from the building and start to venture beyond the forest... slowly.

"I'm sure there'll be a burger joint. I'm more worried about how much food we have to bring back to feed Lance," Morty murmurs. "From what I know about wolves, they can eat a lot."

 

 

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...