Project 2021 tracker

This is the tracker for project 2021. It’s a bit rough, because I originally had the tracker from another topic on another board and was using it for something else. But I can still post updates to that tracker here. The updates from the tracker so far are as follows:

Daughter (working on chapter 12: carried over from 2020, started in early January)

Daughter chapter 12 (completed, longer than usual, 20,000 words with authors notes)

Daughter chapter 13 (started, notes completed, but more coming, may be the last, confirmed to be the last, but will be longer than anticipated)

Usurping notes started (which characters need OC sheets initially, to be uploaded on  Deviantart per arc)

Order of one shots and other companion stories is taking place in usurping timeline

Edited by onewiththewheels
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Original character charts have started, starting with the one for Amy. I’m about halfway through that one, although A lot of areas are left blank because the chart isn’t really meant for non-human characters and Amy is a Pokémon canon species. Some areas I currently don’t have a lot of information on either, and probably won’t until the story notes and the story itself starts. I can at least get some character information done though.

OC chart for Amy is done. Also did some housekeeping, updating my profile because of daughter being finished. My notes were also expanded because I realized not everyone needed charts at the moment, or even ever, because some characters rely on other characters for their information, or a certain plot events that weren’t thought out yet. I started the notes for colors, a short story that I’m planning on doing alongside the notes (quite a few short stories), but I don’t have anything otherwise.

Tulip’s and Alice’s OC sheets are done. Scarlet, Ivy, and Azure are also moved to the group of characters that do not need the full sheet. I also posted a question about the possibility of using my favorite regions instead of all regions, even though all regions would be present in the backstory. If that was the case, then usurping would most likely have three main stories instead of nine, and the rest of it would be devoted to companion stories or other things in the universe (and these stories could still be written while the main stories were going on). But I am still considering it.

So, Scarlet and Azure's OC sheets are done. There was also surprisingly gathering information about the silver rebels, as well as deciding to only use my favorite regions. There is only one more character that has an OC sheet with a chart, two more that use the chart, and then the chapter notes up to the first city. After that, the story will be written, with notes expanding as needed.

First update of the expedited schedule. I was originally going to do a character chart for Professor Pine, but instead it’s a bunch of notes with other things. These concepts include having everything in one region and one long story, as opposed to multiple regions and multiple stories, aside from shorter companion stories. There’s also the idea of how resurrection and ghosts function in the story, especially in regards to working with one particular character (Zinnia). Professor Pine is about halfway through getting her own set of notes, as well as her backstory and whatever else I can think of. There’s also a part about plot points and character goals, but I haven’t written anything down for that yet. I would say the whole set of ideas about halfway done, and after that, I can work on the chapter by chapter notes while using that and my other notes as a base.

Continuing to work on Professor Pine and some other notes, with professor pines notes and her interactions with other characters especially getting expansion. The idea of resurrection and Involving Zinnia was also completed. This leaves the rest of Professor Pine’s expended backstory and plot points and character goals as the only things left to update.

Finished up waiting the character goals and overarching plot points for almost everyone. The only ones that aren’t mentioned finished are those that already have their goals mentioned somewhere else, and another character named Anne. Considering she’s a canon character that gets the least amount of development in her own game, she’s going to be a bit difficult to write, so I’m saving her for later.

The document containing notes about Professor pine and several other concepts has been completed and posted to deviantart. With this, the chapter notes are the only thing remaining, and only for the first arc within the story (after winning the boulder badge) before usurping can begin being written.

Started doing arc by arc notes today. The first two arcs are what happens A bit before the journey and up to the end of the first city. At least half of the areas have something at this point, but some points are longer than others and not everything will be thought out when the story is started (unlike daughter and some of the other companion stories). Once the document is completed, it will be posted with the others and the story will actually start to be written, at least up until the end of the first city or near that, as a short break will be created to make the next city and so on and so forth until the story is either dropped or completed.

Wrote about a 2000 word original story for a riding group on Reddit, in addition to doubling the length of my chapter by chapter notes for usurping. So far most of the first part of these notes has something, and the second part is getting more. The second part is a bit more hazy, so that will take me longer to write, and some of them have less.

So I forgot to update this yesterday. Oops. Considering that it is a personal writing thread, I may update it twice today. I realized I was having trouble with one of my characters, and I was unsure where to go, so I posted about it on several writing groups groups. I got some feedback, so now I have a better idea. Additionally, that also means notes for one area, Sable City, are done for the most part. Notes for another area, Viridian City Trainer house, have been started but not completed. Finally, I have been continuing to save prompts from an original writing group and started on one of them. However I did not complete it.