Nominate a Story

• Administrator

Almost at the end of the month now and I want to do a reviewers event in February.

So, select two stories you would like to be reviewed (this is just to give the reader a choice). I'm thinking maybe we could do a mini event every fortnight? (Let me know what you would prefer - two mini events with two-three reviews each or a one event for five-ten reviews at the end of each month.)

Provide the link here and give a short explanation of what the story is about and the fandom it belongs to.

When the event is on, I'll have a separate thread where you list the stories you reviewed (just to make sure we're not all reviewing the same story).

@Board Moderator  @Discord Moderator  @Community Leader  @Gold Member @Platinum Member  @Silver Member  @Bronze Member

• Discord Moderator

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13469035/1/to-free-the-mind - this is a BNHA AU, pre-episode 1. Tells the tale of one of my OCs as he befriends a female Shinso and starts to form a connection with a young Shoto, but loses that connection when he confronts Endeavor about how he treated his children and gets attacked in response. "a bit dark" according to one person who started reading it, but couldn't finish.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11941895/1/Origin-of-Harmony - a Pokemon AU, inspired by Renaerys' realistic Pokemon AUs (that Triumvirate is a part of). Silver makes friends with a young Alain and talks to Xerneas.

Also, I think we should do two mini events with 2-3 reviews each.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Wizarmonfan said:

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13469035/1/to-free-the-mind - this is a BNHA AU, pre-episode 1. Tells the tale of one of my OCs as he befriends a female Shinso and starts to form a connection with a young Shoto, but loses that connection when he confronts Endeavor about how he treated his children and gets attacked in response. "a bit dark" according to one person who started reading it, but couldn't finish.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11941895/1/Origin-of-Harmony - a Pokemon AU, inspired by Renaerys' realistic Pokemon AUs (that Triumvirate is a part of). Silver makes friends with a young Alain and talks to Xerneas.

Also, I think we should do two mini events with 2-3 reviews each.

Yeah. I'm thinking 2 reviews for a fellow member then 1 for a random author to try and bring them here.

• 2 weeks later...

I really like the idea of the mini-event with 2-3 reviews rather than 5. (I'm really behind right now in terms of owing various people replies/reviews/etc., so 2-3 is a lot more manageable for me.)

I guess I'll throw out these two:

A Hue Defiant and Brave on FFN or AO3 (one-shot):  One-sided Yellow/Lance written for the Writer's Anonymous Flower Challenge.  Summary: The man who tried to wipe out humanity. The woman who almost killed him trying to stop him. They circled around each other like gossamer-winged butterfrees, forever circling, unable to touch. One-sided Yellow/Lance. Mangaverse.

Only the Truth on FFN or AO3 (two related one-shots): Rosa is frozen in an ice crystal during Team Plasma's attack on Opelucid City. This was not part of Colress's plan, and he is determined to fix the situation—but in doing so, he forced to come to terms with feelings he would rather have kept hidden. Colress-centric Colress x Rosa (Moonringshipping). First chapter has some action and a life-or-death situation, making it more action-oriented than some of my other fanfics. The second chapter is a psychological dive into Colress's mind.

But, frankly, when it comes to reviews, I would rather the reviewer review something they don't hate, so I would be totally fine with reviewers reviewing something else I've written instead of one of these two, if you see something else more to your fancy.

• Administrator

All right so the first mini reviewing event will take place over the 13th-14th of Feb, 2020.

Only 2-3 reviews need to be left on any of the stores listed thus far.

The next event will be on the 27th-28th of Feb, 2020.

Here's my nominated stories for reviews:

Chains of Fate (revised) - Pokemon. AU. Lyra's life is turned upside down when bandits invade her town of New Bark. She's taken in as a slave, but is quickly sold to a noble family. It isn't long before Lyra finds herself in the service of the young and obedient Prince Lance. Will love blossom?

Archive Version - same story but on Archive since I know some people prefer that place than FFN

This one is an obvious Lance/Lyra as implied in the summary. It's a slow burn medieval fantasy where pokemon play virtually no role at all. I suppose you could almost consider this an original piece of fanfiction (and I may convert to an original at some point in time) with pokemon character names.

Master of Shadows - Beyblade. AU. A dark evil from the past has reawakened and threatens to sunder the fragile peace. Forced to flee his village, Tyson embarks on a journey on self-discovery to unlock the power of the sacred bitbeast. But this journey is filled with danger, and he is not the only one searching for the truth. Will Tyson arise to the challenge? Kai/Hil/Tyson. Ancient world setting.

Archive Version

This one is another story that could easily be an original but I like Beyblade so much, I had to do a fantasy fanfiction for it and this is the result. It's a dark, violent and disturbing story and I get too write things I don't get to explore often in my other stuff. It's also heavily inspired by real events in history so at least it's realistic to an extent. 

Reign of Chaos (re-upload) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate. Evie supports her brother's plan to remove the Templar presence from London however she begins to question his methods, worrying he's straying too far from the Creed. After all, the road to hell is often paved with good intentions. Retelling of Syndicate. This one is actually a re-uploaded originally done in 2015 a few months before the game came out.

Archive Version

I really stepped out of my comfort zone for this one, but the trailers for the video game had me super hyped. So I came up with my own storyline based on the trailers and came up with this story. Unfortunately, the game was a big letdown story wise, and I much prefer my plot and development. But that's what fanfiction is for, right? It's certainly angsty. No understanding of Assassin's Creed is required for this story.

• Community Leader

I only have one story to nominate so here it is:

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13537126/1/Turning-A-New-Leaf

Pokemon fanfic which is basically a fusion of Pokemon Emerald with Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, but follows an OC trainer called Amber instead with the whole Magma/Aqua conflict. Amber is starting a journey after retiring four years ago due to her starter Pokemon's death, and although she tries to start over again with her new partner Treecko as a co-ordinator, she finds herself forced into violence again. 

• Board Moderator

I am not sure at what to post here, most of my stuff are one shots so I'll be posting the only two long stories I have which I care about, even though one has been posted recently and is not finished.

I have both versions of the stories both on archive and ffn, and I have no preference on where you can post a review if you want. But I'll say my ffn profile gets a lot of annoying people on it.

Beyond the Reality - Borderlands story set after the end, where the four Vault Hunters of BL3 along with the young Ava embark on a journey in the afterlife thanks to the powers of the scientist Siren Patricia Tannis, in a desperate attempt to bring back fallen friends.

FFN

Archive

Worthy of Love - Nier Automata, set post ending E (true ending), after having been revived the rogue android A2 struggles to find a purpose in a world without hostile machines to take her rage upon, and without Yorha chasing her for deserting, that she did not expect to wake up again into. All the while encountering some problems of her own, after all she's just a prototype until that had never been meant to survive as long as she did. Will she find help, and most importantly, will she accept it?

This story currently only has one chapter, and I don't plan on making it too long, two more at most.

FFN

Archive

Books

Booth Sixteen  by SpeakFire   it is a Jack Reacher Story. Not the movie the book.   Complete.  Published in 2013 but the author is still active.

Games

Teach a Girl to Fish   by Aarlauna Rose  It is an Elder Scrolls story.  Complete. Published in Jan 2021

Movie

Sea Dragons and Ocean Masters by Ellen Fitzwilliam Brandybuck  It is an Aquaman story Complete  published Mar 2020

TV

Stick the Kettle On, a doctor who fanfic  by Wapomeo Huntress. It is a Doctor Who story.  Complete. Published 2021

All of the authors have stories from multiple fandoms so recruiting them would add some diversity.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, RykerDavis said:

Books

Booth Sixteen  by SpeakFire   it is a Jack Reacher Story. Not the movie the book.   Complete.  Published in 2013 but the author is still active.

Games

Teach a Girl to Fish   by Aarlauna Rose  It is an Elder Scrolls story.  Complete. Published in Jan 2021

Movie

Sea Dragons and Ocean Masters by Ellen Fitzwilliam Brandybuck  It is an Aquaman story Complete  published Mar 2020

TV

Stick the Kettle On, a doctor who fanfic  by Wapomeo Huntress. It is a Doctor Who story.  Complete. Published 2021

All of the authors have stories from multiple fandoms so recruiting them would add some diversity.

Be sure to nominate your own stories you want reviewed too. 

Should be able to participate again this weekend. I'll keep one story and swap one from my previous recommendations.

The Abandoned Gym on FFN or AO3 (one-shot gen fic, Pokemon gen 1): A former gym leader reflects on everything that happened since he left his gym. One-shot. Game-centric, with some anime/manga references. If anyone chooses to review this, I could really use some feedback from someone fandom-familiar about whether you can tell what is going on and which character is which.

Only the Truth on FFN or AO3 (two related one-shots, Pokemon B2W2): Rosa is frozen in an ice crystal during Team Plasma's attack on Opelucid City. This was not part of Colress's plan, and he is determined to fix the situation—but in doing so, he forced to come to terms with feelings he would rather have kept hidden. Colress-centric Colress x Rosa. First chapter has some action and a life-or-death situation, making it more action-oriented than some of my other fanfics. The second chapter is a psychological dive into Colress's mind.

@AquilaTempestas For your stories, are you going to use the same ones as last time?

• Administrator
On 2/24/2021 at 11:54 AM, Nubushi said:

Should be able to participate again this weekend. I'll keep one story and swap one from my previous recommendations.

The Abandoned Gym on FFN or AO3 (one-shot gen fic, Pokemon gen 1): A former gym leader reflects on everything that happened since he left his gym. One-shot. Game-centric, with some anime/manga references. If anyone chooses to review this, I could really use some feedback from someone fandom-familiar about whether you can tell what is going on and which character is which.

Only the Truth on FFN or AO3 (two related one-shots, Pokemon B2W2): Rosa is frozen in an ice crystal during Team Plasma's attack on Opelucid City. This was not part of Colress's plan, and he is determined to fix the situation—but in doing so, he forced to come to terms with feelings he would rather have kept hidden. Colress-centric Colress x Rosa. First chapter has some action and a life-or-death situation, making it more action-oriented than some of my other fanfics. The second chapter is a psychological dive into Colress's mind.

@AquilaTempestas For your stories, are you going to use the same ones as last time?

I'm gonna nominate Chains of Fate again and also this Pokemon parody one shot called TENSIONS.

TENSIONS

Summary > Saturn has noticed the growing tension between Jupiter and Cyrus, and begins to suspect there is more to their love-hate relationship than it appears to be. [ORIGINALLY UPLOADED 2015]

• Board Moderator

I think I'll nominate the same two as before, Worthy of Love got a couple of updates, possibly a third one before the 27th but I am not sure, its also turning out longer than I meant it to. ^^''

These are the only two I care about, and this time I'll try my best to remind myself to review back too.

On 2/13/2021 at 8:44 PM, Sakura Alexia said:

I am not sure at what to post here, most of my stuff are one shots so I'll be posting the only two long stories I have which I care about, even though one has been posted recently and is not finished.

I have both versions of the stories both on archive and ffn, and I have no preference on where you can post a review if you want. But I'll say my ffn profile gets a lot of annoying people on it.

Beyond the Reality - Borderlands story set after the end, where the four Vault Hunters of BL3 along with the young Ava embark on a journey in the afterlife thanks to the powers of the scientist Siren Patricia Tannis, in a desperate attempt to bring back fallen friends.

FFN

Archive

Worthy of Love - Nier Automata, set post ending E (true ending), after having been revived the rogue android A2 struggles to find a purpose in a world without hostile machines to take her rage upon, and without Yorha chasing her for deserting, that she did not expect to wake up again into. All the while encountering some problems of her own, after all she's just a prototype until that had never been meant to survive as long as she did. Will she find help, and most importantly, will she accept it?

This story currently only has one chapter, and I don't plan on making it too long, two more at most.

FFN

Archive

Okay so the two stories I'll nominate are:

Tales from the Dojo - Does not require any real knowledge of the fandom. They're a series of short fics featuring Tyson & Hilary. Can choose any chapter two read, Personally I like 4 and 7, seven is an Uncharted AU idea.

Smells like Team Spirit - On AO3 - there's only two chapters so far. Basically I wanted to post my Highschool Ice Hockey AU fic onto AO3 from FF.net but then while doing that, I realised I could make it better, more cohesive, so I'd like some feedback on it. Also because it's getting no real interest on AO3 at all.

Summary: The Sharks have always won the league, each and every year, but this year will be different. Kai Hiwatari, the ex-captain of the Sharks, now captains the Tigers, the talented yet dysfunctional contenders for the trophy with all their emotional baggage, prank pulling and bitter resentment of change. Basically an homage to The Mighty Ducks.

• Administrator

Taking nominations now for the 13th and 14th of March reviewers event.

@Board Moderator  @Discord Moderator  @Community Leader  @Silver Member  @Bronze Member  @Platinum Member  @Gold Member

Thanks to everyone who participated in the previous event : )

Just a note - but try not to review a story that has already been reviewed for the same event. 

For example, if I've received a review for Tensions, it's strongly discouraged for someone else to review it too (during the same weekend event). So, make sure to check the reviews first.

-

Okay. My nominations for early March! (just remember to change the colour of the linked text to make it easier to read or bold the text)

UNINTENTIONAL - Pokemon

A rogue Pokemon sneaks into the Galactic headquarters. The commanders try and remove its presence before the boss appears, but it proves to be a challenging battle and a miserable one for Cyrus

A CROWN OF THORNS [ARCHIVE]  OR CHAINS OF FATE [FFN] (same story but with a different title) - Pokemon

AU. Lyra's life is turned upside down when bandits invade her town of New Bark. She's taken in as a slave, but is quickly sold to a noble family. It isn't long before Lyra finds herself in the service of Prince Lance. Will love blossom? Lance/Lyra.

I would suggest skipping the prologue and just reading chapter one since that will give you a better idea.

REIGN OF CHAOS [ARCHIVE]  OR REIGN OF CHAOS [FFN] - Assassin's Creed

Evie supports her brother's plan to remove the Templar presence from London however she begins to question his methods, worrying he's straying too far from the Creed. After all, the road to hell is often paved with good intentions. Retelling of Syndicate.

• Discord Moderator

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11913613/1/Lost-and-Found - [Adventure]. 02 epilogue, timetravel! AU. Years after his mysterious disappearance, Wizarmon finds his destiny once again intertwined with the Chosen Children. Co-write with Dacciiuu and gift fic for him, too.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9875145/1/Safeguard - (Code Lyoko season 2 AU). Episode 52. Odd, Yumi and Ulrich survived long enough to defend Aelita from the Scyphoza, not being devirtualized in the process. (one-shot).

I really haven't posted anything new on FFN since 2019 tbh. But I would like to nominate a friend's story. 

Become Legend Volume I: The Age of Triumph - By ShadowKitty252 (Destiny) You can pick whatever chapter you like to review. It's basically a retelling of the first Destiny game, but you don't really need any previous knowledge of the lore since the protagonist is experimenting her new life as Guardian.

• Administrator
5 hours ago, TJMike said:

I really haven't posted anything new on FFN since 2019 tbh. But I would like to nominate a friend's story. 

Become Legend Volume I: The Age of Triumph - By ShadowKitty252 (Destiny) You can pick whatever chapter you like to review. It's basically a retelling of the first Destiny game, but you don't really need any previous knowledge of the lore since the protagonist is experimenting her new life as Guardian.

You can nominate old stories too.

On 3/1/2021 at 7:06 AM, TJMike said:

Nominate friends stories a plenty.. we need new members with more fandoms.  :)   plus I think it follows the whole  2 stories from TAZ and 3 from random authors. 

• Community Leader
Posted (edited)

Pokemon: The Adventures of Mini Dawn

This is a dumb short crack fic I wrote about the Sinnoh remakes. Not sure if it'll stay a oneshot or not, but it'd remain complete crack either way. 

https://archiveofourown.org/works/29740104

Battle Cry of the Sunbirds

This is an original fiction piece, with the first chapter done so far. One of the two protagonists suffers from PTSD so it may be heavy in places, but there's heavy focus on the support and comfort in his friendship with the other protagonist. I mostly want this one looked at for ideas on how to improve the next chapter

https://archiveofourown.org/works/30005217

Edited by Nocturna
Added second story
  • 2 weeks later...