Jump to content

Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl


Recommended Posts

  • Board Moderator

I'm just hoping to at least find a decent variety of Pokemon in the game at the levels of Platinum, though if I'm not mistaken we saw a Houndoom in one of the trailers which was Platinum exclusive, and so is Togekiss.

I'm not sure what my team will be but if I go with something standard then Infernape and Luxray will be included in the team.

Gym Leaders wise uh... I'm not sure i found anyone extremely hard, but, I think Fantina was the worst one, for me personally, I'd never have something to be good against her, and/or was underleveled in some way. This comes from nuzlockes experiences too, and she was the one that gave me problems the most.

Link to post

I don't think I usually found a particular gym leader hard because I probably had a checkmate for most of them, though I remember Candice gave me a little trouble when my main mons were Torterra and Staraptor. Infernape cheeses her. 

 

I'll definitely be using Torterra and Staraptor again, and if they're available early enough, probably Magnezone (because I've used Luxray to Hell) and Houndoom too. I've heard people use Floatzel a lot but I've actually never used it before so I might do so. And for the last slot I'd probably go for some kinda fighting type? Or a fairy for dragons. 

Link to post
  • Administrator

Here's my planned team.

  • Torterra
  • Staraptor
  • Alakazam
  • Gyrados
  • Mismagius 
  • Garchomp

I think we will have a difficult time but that's okay. Makes it more challenging.

I also heard the Platinum stuff won't be included - could it be a potential DLC? Probably. It worked so well for them in Sword/Shield. @onewiththewheelsHave you heard anything else? 

 

 

Link to post
On 11/2/2021 at 7:44 PM, AquilaTempestas said:

Here's my planned team.

  • Torterra
  • Staraptor
  • Alakazam
  • Gyrados
  • Mismagius 
  • Garchomp

I think we will have a difficult time but that's okay. Makes it more challenging.

I also heard the Platinum stuff won't be included - could it be a potential DLC? Probably. It worked so well for them in Sword/Shield. @onewiththewheelsHave you heard anything else? 

 

 

Not that I know of. I’ve heard of leaks starting though, so we might hear more soon.

As for me, I am actually planning to skip these games. It seems like they’re made for people that I’ve never played the originals, which is fine. Except I’m someone that’s pretty original is literally more times than I can count, so there’s not much there for me. As of earlier this year I’ve decided not to use transferring either, and gave all my stuff away, so there’s no bonus as I can get from that. I am planning on going straight to legends, and using that as a regular Pokémon game until the next release.

I do have platinum with me I can modify it I wish via emulation. I might finish up a couple challenge runs (although Sinnoh has terrible replay value) and or complete the Pokédex via randomizer run. I might do a casual run with the final team I would’ve had.

my final team would have been:

Inferape

Manaphy (obviously replaced by some other water type, although I’m not sure what)

Rotom (would’ve gone for a lawnmower)

Honchkrow

Garchomp

Loppunny

Link to post
  • Administrator
On 11/8/2021 at 1:16 PM, onewiththewheels said:

Not that I know of. I’ve heard of leaks starting though, so we might hear more soon.

As for me, I am actually planning to skip these games. It seems like they’re made for people that I’ve never played the originals, which is fine. Except I’m someone that’s pretty original is literally more times than I can count, so there’s not much there for me. As of earlier this year I’ve decided not to use transferring either, and gave all my stuff away, so there’s no bonus as I can get from that. I am planning on going straight to legends, and using that as a regular Pokémon game until the next release.

I do have platinum with me I can modify it I wish via emulation. I might finish up a couple challenge runs (although Sinnoh has terrible replay value) and or complete the Pokédex via randomizer run. I might do a casual run with the final team I would’ve had.

my final team would have been:

Inferape

Manaphy (obviously replaced by some other water type, although I’m not sure what)

Rotom (would’ve gone for a lawnmower)

Honchkrow

Garchomp

Loppunny

Ah, a shame you're skipping, but understandable. The only real difference with the remakes is upgraded visuals though I'm hoping for a few surprises.

That's an interesting team. Why Loppunny?

Link to post
  • Board Moderator
4 hours ago, Wizarmonfan said:

Starters are not shiny locked. :D

Yay, which means I can restart the game after and reset for one!

I hope legendaries won't be locked either, that would be a shame, I just hope odds aren't too bad but considering the generation they shouldn't be.

Link to post
  • Discord Moderator
2 minutes ago, Sakura Alexia said:

Yay, which means I can restart the game after and reset for one!

I hope legendaries won't be locked either, that would be a shame, I just hope odds aren't too bad but considering the generation they shouldn't be.

At this point, only the mythicals are locked. Dialga and Palkia are not locked.

Link to post
  • Board Moderator
2 minutes ago, Wizarmonfan said:

At this point, only the mythicals are locked. Dialga and Palkia are not locked.

It seems so yes, I'm watching a spoiler free video so let's see what else is there, tbh considering its gen 4 remakes we already know most things anyways, and if i'm lucky I'll probably play it at least two weeks later so I'm not concerned about spoilers much.

My intention is to make a single run and see the story of it, then calmly take my time and shiny hunt starters and legends.

Here's the video if anyone wants to see.

 

Link to post
9 hours ago, AquilaTempestas said:

Ah, a shame you're skipping, but understandable. The only real difference with the remakes is upgraded visuals though I'm hoping for a few surprises.

That's an interesting team. Why Loppunny?

I’m just trying to use Pokémon that I have not used before. I don’t remember using Loppuny at all in a run, or at least in one I’ve completed. The leaks are out and According to into them it is extremely fateful. There are a few upgrades and some of them are pretty nice, but pretty much everyone has been saying that if you have platinum or access to it, there’s no reason to upgrade. Unfortunately, I would have to agree. It’s always been mention of these games are remakes of Diamond and Pearl, but I think people were hoping that they were remakes of Platinum. Unfortunately, it seems like they have barely anything carried over from platinum (there is something near the end which just taken from there , but that’s about it and it really doesn’t have any effect on anything) which is a real shame.

Link to post
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/10/2021 at 1:25 AM, onewiththewheels said:

I’m just trying to use Pokémon that I have not used before. I don’t remember using Loppuny at all in a run, or at least in one I’ve completed. The leaks are out and According to into them it is extremely fateful. There are a few upgrades and some of them are pretty nice, but pretty much everyone has been saying that if you have platinum or access to it, there’s no reason to upgrade. Unfortunately, I would have to agree. It’s always been mention of these games are remakes of Diamond and Pearl, but I think people were hoping that they were remakes of Platinum. Unfortunately, it seems like they have barely anything carried over from platinum (there is something near the end which just taken from there , but that’s about it and it really doesn’t have any effect on anything) which is a real shame.

Platinum content will probably be released in a future DLC. It worked for Sword and Shield.

I actually prefer the remakes. It's less time consuming and the quality of life changes from the newer games have been great. No more HM slaves.

Link to post
  • Administrator

I took a few days off, but my current team is:

Grotle

Staravia

Alazakam

Ponyta

Luxio

 

 

I've just beaten gym 2. 

Spoiler alert!

Spoiler

[I love that Cyrus has partnered with Mars in the Battle Tower masters. That's cool. Jupiter/Saturn ftw.]

Was this a thing in the original? If not, yay Cyrus becomes a good guy - he has learned how to love becomes he now has a heart. Thank you manga.

(hehehhe)

 

Link to post
12 minutes ago, AquilaTempestas said:

I took a few days off, but my current team is:

Grotle

Staravia

Alazakam

Ponyta

Luxio

 

 

I've just beaten gym 2. 

Spoiler alert!

  Hide contents

[I love that Cyrus has partnered with Mars in the Battle Tower masters. That's cool. Jupiter/Saturn ftw.]

Was this a thing in the original? If not, yay Cyrus becomes a good guy - he has learned how to love becomes he now has a heart. Thank you manga.

(hehehhe)

 

Spoiler

Tbh I thought Saturn and Jupiter was a weird match up, funny they're on the same team but I've never actually seen them interact much lol 

AFAIK he interacts with Mars and Cyrus more in the anime and manga than he does with Jupiter...? Mind you, haven't read the whole manga but Saturn and Mars have art together and also Cyrus is just mean to Saturn lol 

And yeah this wasn't in original DP lol

 

Link to post
  • Administrator
7 minutes ago, Nocturna said:
  Hide contents

Tbh I thought Saturn and Jupiter was a weird match up, funny they're on the same team but I've never actually seen them interact much lol 

AFAIK he interacts with Mars and Cyrus more in the anime and manga than he does with Jupiter...? Mind you, haven't read the whole manga but Saturn and Mars have art together and also Cyrus is just mean to Saturn lol 

And yeah this wasn't in original DP lol

 

Ah, thought as much!

I guess I've just read too many fanfics of Saturn/Jupiter together (myself included) and Mars having a super crush on Cyrus haha.

Link to post
23 minutes ago, AquilaTempestas said:

Ah, thought as much!

I guess I've just read too many fanfics of Saturn/Jupiter together (myself included) and Mars having a super crush on Cyrus haha.

Yeah, I can see where Mars/Cyrus as a pairing comes from but not Saturn/Jupiter lol I was a Saturn/Mars shipper tho and wrote Saturn/Cyrus for LA a few times so got a little into that too. 

Most of what I got from Jupiter personality wise tho was from the anime (where she ends up hitting on Looker and he's not interested lmao) so I get I might have missed some aspects of her characterisation. Regardless of shipping I do need to read more of the manga to see what she's like there XD

 

Link to post
  • Administrator

Random headcanon.

For those of you who don't know, in my version of the Pokemon world, Cyrus is Dawn's father. I love the idea, and all the drama that comes out of it.

Funny part - In Diamond/Pearl, my headcanon is Cyrus returning from Hearthome City's Super Contest Hall (where you meet your mother actually) when you run into him for the first time. 

Ah, the power of imagination.

Anyways. I'm in Hearthome now getting ready to do gym 3, but I want to find a Gastly first.

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...