Season 8 Patch Notes

• Administrator

Season 8 is soon upon us and there's already been information shared.

Official patch notes will be posted as soon as they are up (within the next 24 hours of this post), but here is what we know thus far!

@Stubborn Saber  @Sakura Alexia  @VectorLogic  @TJMike   @Ace of Spies  @LoganHam13

The new conquest map meant to have a Mespotamia vibe - I think we're in Babylon

• (from AJAX) The assets seen here arent accurate to what the map will look like, specifically, many of the details and landmarks pictured here are NOT in the new map, or had significant visual changes.
  • The crabs should be back for duo lane (remember those crabs on the beach in season 4 map?)

r/Smite - S8 Conquest Map

Tiamat will be the first god of season 8 and also the first god of the new Mesopotamia pantheon (New Hindu god to follow maybe)

Though keep in mind Rob's design might not be very accurate since Tiamat was often seen as more of a sea serpent 

pzwZwuyO-300x275.jpg

Tiamat.JPG

Post image

Old favourite items returning

• Seems like blessings are getting removed and replaced by the old starter items like Bluestone Pendant
  • New item teased - Alternate Timeline - I really don't like the sound of this item though. It's a bit dumb - basically you find a time where you died you instead find a timeline in which you were alive - CC immune, Damage immune, and unable to act. After 1.75 seconds, you can do stuff. Not sure I like the idea of rewarding players with a second chance after a death. 

More information here - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vghc9OgcQj-HqatdBX1ATBV9_khVqRXwl97VdHxq0ZU/edit

I'm really hyped for new season 8 map. I actually prefer the season 4 conquest map and I hope we get a bigger version of that for season 8. We're ditching the Greek theme so I suspect Mesopotamia is gonna play a big part in the Smite story (I do think Gilgamesh will come - big fan favourite and highly requested). 

Old starter items coming back will shake things up. Are you looking forward to Bluestone Pendant nd Death's Toll and other items returning? Though a lot of these datamined items seem broken as fuck. 

Season 8 and a new conquest map will shake up the meta big time as always when there's a new map. 

• Administrator

8.1 DAWN OF BABYLON

HERE WE GO! @Stubborn Saber  @Sakura Alexia  @VectorLogic  @Ace of Spies  @TJMike

Read full notes here > https://www.smitegame.com/news/season-8-update-notes/

Short summary!

• Season 8 Gods Guessing Video - Tiamat, Gilgamesh, Morgan le Fay (Celtic), Charybdis (greek sea monster), Cliodhna maybe (Celtic) , Atlas/Uranus (most likely Atlas)

Tiamat and Gilgamesh 

• New Sobek model
  • New game mode merging Siege and Clash later this year called Slash
  • 48 new items (including returning stuff like Bluestone Pendant, Death's Toll etc)
  • Console (Xbox and PS) and PC PTS this weekend (separate download)
  • Season 8 Map Reveal

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

ABOUT THE HEALING NERFS

So, I looked more into this. And basically any god that can heal is going to find it a lot harder to heal hence the buffs to healing items and nerfs to anti-healing. So stuff like lifesteal (think Asi) won't heal you as much when you aren't in a team fight and just trying to heal up. Guan Yu's heal out of combat won't heal as much. 

"Includes all lifesteal gods, Anubis, Freya, Sol (and Sol's 1), Chronos, Olorun ; includes all warriors that sustain out of fights, Amaterasu's 1 being on top, Chaac's 3, Tyr on minions ; includes all assassins that sustain between fights, Thana, Cama, Ao, Baka, Arachne, Pele being the most sensitive ones. They are now nerfing every single healer because of this. That includes Terra's 2, Ne Zha's 2, Fafnir 2, etc."

All gods with self heals that can be activated out of combat or don't require you to hit a GOD are getting nerfed. Ao, Cama, Thana, Chaac, Arachne...

About the GET OUT OF DEATH ITEM - The item is locked to level 20, and can only be used once every 10 minutes. Probably good for phoenix sieges or tanking fire giant etc. Better for bruiser gods but not good for damage dealers because it's stats are a bit lackluster.

As for the new starter items - you can now specialize more depending on your playstyle. More passive early game? More aggressive early game? Cater to your weaknesses/strengths. Cool idea, but I'm scared for the Bluestone Pendant and Death's Toll solo lane again.

PTS - So I noticed on PTS, the starter items can only be upgraded once you hit level 20.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrator
  • 1 month later...
  • Administrator

So, I'm  a bit slow on this one. 

But here are the details for the next two updates:

@Stubborn Saber @Sakura Alexia @VectorLogic @TJMike

BONUS UPDATE - March 9 

TALONS OF TYRANNY - March 23

My thoughts:

• Why did they nerf anti healing items in the first place only to bring them back? Healing metas suck.
  • I really don't like that battlepass
  • I love the Cupid, King Arthur, and Hera skin
  • Good meta god nerfs. Finally Scylla gets a nerf.
  • I like that Chaac T5. I don't really play him though
  • Sobek remodel looking flash
  • I still don't think the reworked Stone of Fal (again) will be picked up that often. Maybe guardians I guess
  • Sands of Time should be a good pick up for anyone who struggles with mana early on
  • I am expecting to see more Athena now... And damage too now? Eep.
  • Oof. Ah Puch buff on his 2. That's going to hurt.
  • Loki buff. Might see him more in that jungle role now instead of solo perhaps
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Administrator

8.4 Patch Notes - KING OF UKUK (Gilgamesh is here)

@Stubborn Saber @Sakura Alexia @VectorLogic @I_StillAlive @TJMike

Bonus Balance - APRIL 6

https://www.smitegame.com/news/8-3-bonus-update-notes-live-april-6/

• Yay Zeus skin
  • That Janus nerf doesn't do much
  • Don't see Guan Yu falling out of meta
  • Aphro still crazy good
  • Fuck Apollo. Nerf this god to the ground. Why the fuck has he got a mez that is more effective than a bloody Khumba? Still, this nerf is a start.

Actual Patch with Gilgamesh - APRIL 20

https://www.smitegame.com/news/king-of-uruk-8-4-update-notes/

• Slash sounds like a new conquest. It's a 5v5. Guess there won't be a 4v4 mode anymore. Whatever will those siege mains do now?
  • Those vines sound kinda annoying in the updated conquest map. Just why?
  • Don't really see Ornate Arrow being picked up still
  • Oh Leaders Cowl sounds great. Hunters going to be even stronger now
  • Hello Bluestone Pendant getting a much needed power buff - back to King Arthur, Cu, and SWK solo laners again
  • Don't see Achilles being top pick anytime soon but will have to wait and see. His clear still sucks
  • Why is tree-man getting a buff?
  • Why is Zhong getting a buff?
  • I love the skins - Chiron, Ares both look great. And that Medusa skin. Very nice. I love that Merlin one too. That's hilarious.
  • Gilgamesh seems interesting too, but feels more like a jungler than a solo laner

• Board Moderator

I don't like this update tbh, only the skins look cool that's all.

None of the gods of the first balance update will get hit by the nerfs because its not what is needed, maybe only Nemesis as I alwasy find her shield useless as it is, reducing the extra health will only make it worse, 500 hp isn't much and can get easily destroyed from a mage or hunter in one hit, 420 is even less.

The vine walls really weren't freaking needed, the jungle has enough paths its hard to get around to, we don't need more walls that can get you screwed over, especially if you don't have an escape.

Nothing to say about the items.

Bacchus buff not needed, hes annoying enough.

Olorun crit buff also not freaking needed since he already hits harder than a crit hunter and now he can do it more often too? Hunters need at least 2 items to reach that percentage while he has it in his own passive and mage hunters already hit harder by default with their autos.

I have the feeling this will be an annoying patch to deal with.

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, Sakura Alexia said:

I don't like this update tbh, only the skins look cool that's all.

None of the gods of the first balance update will get hit by the nerfs because its not what is needed, maybe only Nemesis as I alwasy find her shield useless as it is, reducing the extra health will only make it worse, 500 hp isn't much and can get easily destroyed from a mage or hunter in one hit, 420 is even less.

The vine walls really weren't freaking needed, the jungle has enough paths its hard to get around to, we don't need more walls that can get you screwed over, especially if you don't have an escape.

Nothing to say about the items.

Bacchus buff not needed, hes annoying enough.

Olorun crit buff also not freaking needed since he already hits harder than a crit hunter and now he can do it more often too? Hunters need at least 2 items to reach that percentage while he has it in his own passive and mage hunters already hit harder by default with their autos.

I have the feeling this will be an annoying patch to deal with.

I think it's because magical ADCs are really bad right now. Even a crit hunter will destroy an Olorun. I was able to wreck him the other day as AMC.

Apollo took some much needed nerfs in the bonus update - they nerf the big ones in the bonus ones.

• Board Moderator
1 minute ago, AquilaTempestas said:

I think it's because magical ADCs are really bad right now. Even a crit hunter will destroy an Olorun. I was able to wreck him the other day as AMC.

Apollo took some much needed nerfs in the bonus update - they nerf the big ones in the bonus ones.

Why only buff him then and not the other 3? Actually more than them its their items that suck tbh.

Apollo can go die in hell tbh.

• Administrator
Just now, Sakura Alexia said:

Why only buff him then and not the other 3? Actually more than them its their items that suck tbh.

Apollo can go die in hell tbh.

Because Freya breaks the game lol. No one wants a Freya meta.

Chronos isn't really too bad at the moment.

Sol has always been kinda shit.

But no one is playing Olorun at all.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator

This one is a bit late, oops.

PATCH 8.5 

I am looking forward to religiously playing Smite again after the 28th of May...

@Stubborn Saber @TJMike @Sakura Alexia @VectorLogic @Syndicate

BONUS BALANCE (4th May) > https://www.smitegame.com/news/8-4-bonus-update-notes-live-may-4/ 

PATCH 8.5 > (18th May)  https://www.smitegame.com/news/monstercat-8-5-update-notes/ 

PERSEPHONE REWORK > https://www.smitegame.com/news/developer-update-persephone/ 

• Athena remodel looks great. Glad she no longer has a dorky accent either.
  • Gilgamesh feels pretty cheap but he'll get more nerfs in time when more people play him.
  • Persephone rework seems silly. She was fine as she was. I don't know why they had to make her easier to play.
  • Bumba's Hammer nerf is harsh oof. I suspect you might just be better off getting Titan's Bane for the % pen now.
  • Guan Yu is still insanely strong
  • Apollo really will need that Trans build now - maybe this will push him out of the meta since Trans ain't favoured? 
  • Why did Athena get damage on her taunt again?
  • I really like the Battle Pass and the skins are great
  • Book of Thoth might be worth getting again for mana hungry gods or ones reliant on it though not sure if it can compete with the starters still
  • BAKASURA BUFFS??? Though I do admit, he's been pretty shite this season

That being said, I've started playing Loki again in jungle and he's not as fun as he used to be, but I can play him again at least.

Tiamat doesn't really feel all that great but I play gods like Zeus who do lots of damage fast. Tiamat just feels like it takes longer to get damage off.

Guan Yu is insane. Fuck laning against him as another warrior.

Morgan le Fay should be coming next. Sounds like she's a magical assassin.