Beyblade Fanfiction

• Administrator

This spawned in a conversation over on Discord, and I thought we could have a thread dedicated to Beyblade Fanfiction.

So, the questions are:

• How do you feel about writing beybattles? How do you make them interesting and not repetitive? 
  • Do you stick with the Japanese names or do you use the dubbed names?
  • What are some tropes you should try to avoid?
  • How do you interpret the characters?

You may also use this thread to share ideas on a Beyblade story you have.

@Zadien @TwilightUniverse018 @darkened-storm @MasKaiHilFantic @Fantasy Creature @Aurelia Aurita @inyo @Marie-France 

@Kitty @Shashreetha @Adelina Amouteru @Emerald Ramira Mayvin  @Autumn Witch  @Sin-sanity Hyperdrive  @ILoveMySweetIndia

2 minutes ago, AquilaTempestas said:

This spawned in a conversation over on Discord, and I thought we could have a thread dedicated to Beyblade Fanfiction.

So, the questions are:

• How do you feel about writing beybattles? How do you make them interesting and not repetitive? 

@Zadien @TwilightUniverse018 @darkened-storm @MasKaiHilFantic @Fantasy Creature @Aurelia Aurita @inyo @Marie-France

I try avoiding writing bey battles.  Not my strength and too convulated, complicated, all that

• Community Leader

I haven't had much experience writing these in years - I of course am a very scientific mind, so I try to focus on the mechanics and physics of it all. there's also a bit of variation between role of bitbeasts between seasons, I prefer not to have the bitbeasts in actual conflict as per season one, but rather focus on the power and special moves like season three. 

Dubbed mostly unless it doesn't fit my story

Emo kai, mary-sue oc, 

• Administrator

To answer my own questions...

• I like writing beybattles, but at the same time they are frustrating to write. I like to focus heavily on the environment and the physical/mental states of the bladers. Beybattles do run the risk of getting extremely repetitive, so I always try to make each battle unique.
  • I always use the English dub because that's what I'm used to
  • Tropes to avoid? The one in which some authors bash characters (I remember the days of heavy Tyson bashing) in their stories because they don't like them. It's stupid and juvenile.
  • My character interpretations are based on my understanding of them. Are they always canon? Probably not, but that's just how I see them. I like to expand on what we already know, and build upon that. I particularly like to work with characters that aren't that well-established in the canon. Characters like Mystel for example.

I think when it comes to writing Beyblade fanfiction you should be remain somewhat faithful to the canon - that is don't go around changing character names, making canon characters randomly related for no reason and the like - but I think you should also be encouraged to deviate from canon.

You don't need to stick to 'canon' friendships, teams, relationships and the like. Real life isn't set in stone, so the characters in your story should not be set in stone. They might not be real living people in our world, but they are real living people in your story and should be treated as such. A character like Max doesn't always have to be happy. A character like Kai doesn't always have to be stoic. That's canon to an extent - but it's shallow. Go deeper. Go past the masks and bring new life to them so long as it makes logical sense (like don't just make Max into an emotional depressive wreck for no reason)

• Community Leader

Oh god - Tyson or Hilary or Mariah bashing - who has the time for that sort of crap?? 

I think one of my many reason for no longer reading fanfics is the portrayal of Kai in the fandom. He really tended to get flogged repeatedly - abused physically and mentally by Boris/Voltaire where there is really nothing to support this in the canon. The reason why Kai hates beyblades is because his father left to work on them AGAINST Voltaire's wishes meaning Kai blames beyblades for his absentee father and thus setting out to destroy them. Heaps of people have an absentee father, there is tons of material to work with and issues stemming from that but no - lets instead just make him horribly physically scared etc... He's a person ffs. Obviously you're never going to see him out singing and dancing with his teammates and he does have a tendancy to jump ship when he feels like it, but at his core Kai is loyal and Tyson is his friend -- urgh rant over 

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, darkened-storm said:

Oh god - Tyson or Hilary or Mariah bashing - who has the time for that sort of crap?? 

I think one of my many reason for no longer reading fanfics is the portrayal of Kai in the fandom. He really tended to get flogged repeatedly - abused physically and mentally by Boris/Voltaire where there is really nothing to support this in the canon. The reason why Kai hates beyblades is because his father left to work on them AGAINST Voltaire's wishes meaning Kai blames beyblades for his absentee father and thus setting out to destroy them. Heaps of people have an absentee father, there is tons of material to work with and issues stemming from that but no - lets instead just make him horribly physically scared etc... He's a person ffs. Obviously you're never going to see him out singing and dancing with his teammates and he does have a tendancy to jump ship when he feels like it, but at his core Kai is loyal and Tyson is his friend -- urgh rant over 

Oh yeah, I remember those stories as a teenager haha. I used to love them actually because I was drawn to that angst. Course, now that I am older, it's not very realistic. I think it was because people were typically attracted to that angsty stuff. To an extent I do get it. He did spent time in BIOVOLT after all, and dark stories can put Kai in a horrid situation. The foundations are there to work with. The problem was everyone started doing the same thing and there was no longer originality. It got to a point it was no longer believable.

4 minutes ago, AquilaTempestas said:

Oh yeah, I remember those stories as a teenager haha. I used to love them actually because I was drawn to that angst. Course, now that I am older, it's not very realistic. I think it was because people were typically attracted to that angsty stuff. To an extent I do get it. He did spent time in BIOVOLT after all, and dark stories can put Kai in a horrid situation. The foundations are there to work with. The problem was everyone started doing the same thing and there was no longer originality. It got to a point it was no longer believable.

9 minutes ago, darkened-storm said:

Interestingly enough Kai has both parents and a happy family life in the new manga. And he wears hoodies. And is just a little shit. It's hilarious. So my version of Kai in SLTS became more canon with Rising. Which is so effing bizarre. But yeah angst is not my thing so I just write really unrealistic happy things.

• Community Leader
Just now, Zadien said:

Interestingly enough Kai has both parents and a happy family life in the new manga. And he wears hoodies. And is just a little shit. It's hilarious. So my version of Kai in SLTS became more canon with Rising. Which is so effing bizarre. But yeah angst is not my thing so I just write really unrealistic happy things.

I do find that with a lot about Beyblade Rising, though it has been quite a while since i read it and I do believe it's not complete yet? I was actually VERY proud of Tyson and how he handled his defeat, unfortunately MY Tyson in NSNV is not so mature, but then again he is going through his own angsty teenage phase. 

I forgot about the hoodie thing. Ah Kai, you bring me joy again =) 

I actually very much appreciated that you gave Kai a very realistic family in comparison to much of the fandom back in the day. I've kind of gone half-half I think. Kai has an absentee Dad, Voltaire's obviously been dragged off by Interpol but now released and I need to flesh out how Kai deals with that as a mature teenager/adult rather than I'm going to destroy all beyblades....

Sigh

I also am really looking forward to fleshing out Max's development and responsibilities now as an older brother... that excites me. 

Why do I feel like Ray is being neglected AGAIN...

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, darkened-storm said:

I do find that with a lot about Beyblade Rising, though it has been quite a while since i read it and I do believe it's not complete yet? I was actually VERY proud of Tyson and how he handled his defeat, unfortunately MY Tyson in NSNV is not so mature, but then again he is going through his own angsty teenage phase. 

I forgot about the hoodie thing. Ah Kai, you bring me joy again =) 

I actually very much appreciated that you gave Kai a very realistic family in comparison to much of the fandom back in the day. I've kind of gone half-half I think. Kai has an absentee Dad, Voltaire's obviously been dragged off by Interpol but now released and I need to flesh out how Kai deals with that as a mature teenager/adult rather than I'm going to destroy all beyblades....

Sigh

I also am really looking forward to fleshing out Max's development and responsibilities now as an older brother... that excites me. 

Why do I feel like Ray is being neglected AGAIN...

I think Rei does seems like an odd blend of the Bladebreakers.

He has loyalty issues like Kai.

He can be happy, and a bit goofy at times like Max.

He is protective like Tyson.

Okay so beybattles, I don't mind them but I tend to focus on the character's emotions during them and what the bitbeasts are doing rather than the physics of the blades because quite frankly, that part bores me. The spinning tops are not my focus in anything I write, I am more intrigued by the mystical element of bitbeasts. Like how Wolborg could steal the breath from your lungs as she drops the temperature in the bey stadium, or how people need to shield their eyes and hold tight to their seats as Dragoon unleashes its ultimate attack. Because that's what I feel the spectators are there for. I also like the spectacle of it, the screaming crowds and the banners and fans. So I play into that kind of thing, and the various beybladers sitting in the stands watching and passing comment. They're all rivals but they've faced a lot together and only they know the things they've experienced, so there's a commonality there, something to bond upon.

I stick with the dub names because when I started writing it was 2003 and I only saw the first season and there was no such thing to me at that time of different names for characters. I also had dial up so there you go. I wasn't doing much research. I posted my fic, I cut the internet and went and wrote more to post later. If I were to start from scratch, I'd use the Japanese names though. They make more sense. 

Tropes I try to avoid: I honestly don't know. I guess love triangles are something I really don't enjoy. I have one of a sort in SLTS and I wish I hadn't done it now. But that was the kind of thing I was reading at the time, that's what influenced what I was writing and now I could have done so much more, so much better. I'm fixing that now though. Also character bashing, i don't do that. I don't see the point.

I think I probably interpret characters as much lighter than they are. I'm not one for angst for the sake of angst and I don't do whump, so most of my characters are quite grounded versions of their anime counterparts. My theory is that if they are the character at the core, and have those core traits, I can rejig them a little. Like my Brooklyn has snark but mostly he's quite wary because he's gone dark side, his bitbeast is a bit too powerful, he doesn't want to go there again. But Kai Hiwatari is a whiny shit and needs to get over himself - but I also have him be a little bit psychic, seeing visions of the future etc (though that's mostly his bitbeast). Mystel is more cheeky chappy, very friendly and in your face but he has no problems demolishing you in the beystadium or verbally. Kai is a bit more stoic and takes things in more, he's not the type who actively goes about being an asshole to people because that seems to be more effort that he really wants to dedicate to anything, bar beating Tyson. I'm definitely a happily ever after person or a happily ever after at least for now.

• Community Leader
5 minutes ago, Zadien said:

Like how Wolborg could steal the breath from your lungs as she drops the temperature in the bey stadium, or how people need to shield their eyes and hold tight to their seats as Dragoon unleashes its ultimate attack. 

I love this! 

I guess i retract my earlier statement and say I do a mix of both as such a little excerpt from NSNV (see below). 

Brooklyn is something I am keen to develop. I kinda get the feeling he is kind of shunned by everyone, including his teammates because they can't understand the whole DARK bitbeast angle. I can't say I use much of Mystel, I don't think I've actually brought him into anything that I've used, I could defs see the cheeky angle though. I'd like to think Kai has matured a little bit and maybe I need to make that a goal to MATURE, he still walks out on training when Hiro revokes his captaincy... I honestly can't ever see Kai and Hiro seeing eye to eye, but I'm working on making that plausible. 

Fortunately, the smaller prototype beyblade Kenny had him testing was fast - faster than the large and heavy beyblade ….. was using. She watched Dragoon retreat and begin a rotation around the outer rim of the beydish. With each revolution, the silver and white beyblade picked up speed until it was little more than a blur. 

“I don’t get it,” Matt muttered. “Is he just going to avoid his opponent until one of them stops spinning?”

Steph shook her head. “By circling the beystadium, Tyson can regain some of the velocity he’s lost from contact with the other beyblade,” she explained. If he gains enough, he’ll be able to - “

But she never got to finish because Dragoon had begun its final attack and was circling the beystadium now with such speed that she could barely follow it. What was impossible to miss was the silhouette of a majestic dragon that materialised above the stadium at Tyson’s command. As it did so, the wind around the stadium began to pick up and the skies began to darken.  The unmistakable rumble of thunder filled the air. 

“Dragoon! Galaxy Storm!” 

The tornado funnel that descended from the sky and surrounded the stadium was the most formidable Steph had seen Dragoon summon, and within the funnel, she saw Dragoon close in for the attack. The force of the collision knocked …’s beyblade airborne, where it was sucked up into the vortex and flung from the stadium. It clattered to the ground a few meters behind …. 

The tornado died down as quickly as it formed, and the skies cleared, illuminating the riverbank with afternoon sun once again. In the centre of the stadium, Dragoon remained spinning triumphantly. 

14 hours ago, AquilaTempestas said:

So, the questions are:

@Kitty

Hmm, I usually won't write any beybattles but I am planning to write a fic based on a tournament. But, before writing any battles or such you can just research about a particular beyblade if you are willing to write a battle, such as the type of Beyblade, bit-beast, attacks, parts, etc. and then proceed. I'd always prefer using the English names as they are much more easier, convenient and well known to the readers as well. But, when I write fics which are set in the ancient time period, I'd use the Japanese ones over English if they sound too modern.

You can describe the moods of the characters before they take part in a beybattle. You can describe their looks, attires and I usually mention what dress or outfit a particular character wears. When the character encounters another one, you can mention a scene when they recently met. Maybe like former teammates meeting in a tournament for a beybattle. You could just write the parts when they enjoyed their days together (Like flashbacks) as teammates and then proceed with their beybattles. You can describe what impact a beybattle will have on the audience as well as the balders.

I have been used to write romantic stories so I tend to describe how a girl feels when she see her man and how does her react to it or vice versa. Just their state of minds.

If you can't do bigger things, do small things in a bigger way.

spacer.png

On 7/13/2020 at 6:18 AM, AquilaTempestas said:

So, the questions are:

@Kitty

Ah, now this is gonna be fun. 

1) I try not to write beybattles. I focus more on the characters. If I write any in future, maybe they'll be very short :P

2) I use the dubbed names. But in some stories, in order to bring dramatic effects, I may use Japanese names. 

3) I actually don't avoid tropes. I love them to use. 

4) I try to interpret the characters my best so that they aren't sounding too much out of character. But I also love to make them behave exceptionally when needs be. Like: 

"

"My lady…" His voice was unexpectedly soft, "You don't need to die so soon. I promise you, I'll help you meet your relatives."

"What?" The minister protested, "Prince Kai, you cannot ignore our usual rituals in this way!"

"Rituals are meant for being changed, Sir," He responded, "Besides, I cannot ignore the request of one of our subjects too."

"But Kai…."

Hearing the acquainted tone, he looked at her. His mother was standing there, getting down from the porch.

"Mother…." He verbalized, after respectfully greeting her, "You're a woman too, aren't you? Then…how are you bearing it?"

"Son….it's our tradition," Apraxia explained, "We cannot go against it. I know that a question is rising inside your heart. It's natural. Well, your father died when I was pregnant. According to our rules, the pregnant widows and widowed mothers don't need to perform it. Otherwise, it should be carried out."

"Why?"

"Because….without a mother, a child is stranded," The queen didn't waste much time to answer, "A mother is revered not only in Russia, but also throughout the whole world."

"Can Russia give birth?"

"What?" The minister approached, "Why're you asking this silly question to us, prince? Russia is a kingdom, a non-living being. Then how?"

"Then…why do we call her 'Mother Russia'?"

An awkward silence covered the area. The question rose like an arrow, stabbing the superstitions of dark periods, shutting up the people and making them be dumbfounded. They exchanged stares with one another, trying to find a suitable answer and failing miserably.

"If Russia can be our mother despite not giving birth to us, this woman can also be a mother without being pregnant," He had never talked so much but his goal was only to save the woman standing before him, "Motherhood lies in every woman. Besides, once upon a time, my grandfather told me that I'm the son of Russia and her people. Be him straight or metaphorical, currently, I'm also the son of the lady standing before me. Hence, she cannot be burnt."

Here, I have tried to portray Kai as calm as possible as always but the respect for womenfolk in his heart rose so much that he had to open his mouth. He had to deliver a verbose speech. It depends on the circumstances around the characters. It depends on how they have been brought up. 

So, dear @AquilaTempestas has permitted us to discuss on the ideas of Beyblade stories that we have. I wanna share the storyline of my story "Kingdom". It is actually the past life/previous life of all the beybladers and characters, set in ancient/medieval ages. We always had some questions on Beyblade like: Why is Voltaire Hiwatari so crude to his own grandson and so power-hungry that he didn't spare even Kai? Why does Kai keep changing teams? Why is he so cold? Why couldn't he win a single championship? Why's Dranzer snatched from him in every final match of him in every season? Why do all leave Tyson in the third season? This "Kingdom" has all the answers. Besides, the backstory of bit-beasts has also been portrayed here. 

Story link: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12631499/1/Kingdom

Well, it's a KaiHil but I tried to bring almost all the possible pairings in the forms of romance or friendship here. Ocs have also been brought. So...I think you'll enjoy reading it :) 

• Administrator

I'm currently working on my season 4 fic A HERO'S LAST CRY. It is a project that has undergone many revisions over the years since 2011.

The completed story was released and finished in 2015, but this year I decided to continue adding to it to wrap up plot holes not resolved. They were going to be in a sequel, but I really don't want to write another full blown story, so might as well continue the current one.

Major themes? My usual favourites. Salvation. Sacrifice. Friendship. Loyalty. Those themes present in the original series.

Characters? I was going to try and include every team and give them all a backstory but not all the teams appeal to me that much so they're not there. Angst is a specialty genre of mine, so I like focusing on many angsty/tragedy-centred stories. 

Basically, my goal is to create the season 4 I would've created if I was the showrunner. This is the story I would want to read/watch.

• Community Leader
On 7/16/2020 at 4:23 PM, AquilaTempestas said:

I'm currently working on my season 4 fic A HERO'S LAST CRY. It is a project that has undergone many revisions over the years since 2011.

The completed story was released and finished in 2015, but this year I decided to continue adding to it to wrap up plot holes not resolved. They were going to be in a sequel, but I really don't want to write another full blown story, so might as well continue the current one.

Major themes? My usual favourites. Salvation. Sacrifice. Friendship. Loyalty. Those themes present in the original series.

Characters? I was going to try and include every team and give them all a backstory but not all the teams appeal to me that much so they're not there. Angst is a specialty genre of mine, so I like focusing on many angsty/tragedy-centred stories. 

Basically, my goal is to create the season 4 I would've created if I was the showrunner. This is the story I would want to read/watch.

Hehe you just can't help yourself can you? I guess we sparked the fire under you again =) Love it!

On 7/15/2020 at 7:21 PM, Aurelia Aurita said:

3) I actually don't avoid tropes. I love them to use. 

Tropes are there to be utilised to their full effectiveness! go forth and use them!

In an effort to inspire myself, I'm gonna talk about my fanfics. I'm one of the OG OC writers for the fandom, been around for about 17 years, but at the moment I'm working on two beyblade fanfics: Smells Like Team Spirit, and Saving Part of the World for a very long time.

Smells Like Team Spirit is my homage to the Mighty Ducks Films because I love those movies. SLTS combines my two favourite things, Beybladers and ice hockey. It's basically a story about Kai, who was once the captain of the Sharks, a team that always won trophies and took the game super seriously. He follows his dad, to join the Tigers, who are the antithesis to the Sharks. They are talented, but a little incompetent, melodramatic and far too invested in each other's lives. He wants to join the NHL, they want to pull pranks and have movie nights, but if they work together, they can have it all.

It's a story about friendship and sportsmanship and romance, because I will always include romance. It's also my obligatory high school fic and includes such tropes as bed sharing and friends to lovers, enemies to lovers and Kai learning how to be a real boy! It's a lot of fun to write and a good example of where I started as a writer and where I am now as a writer, there's been a lot of improvement.

Saving Part of the World is my season four beyblade fic. After the BEGA incident, with the WBBA reviving itself, they decide to set the new world championship in Northern Ireland, a country trying to create a name for itself as a place to visit. It's a mutually beneficial relationship and while the rain is a bit of a downer, all the teams making their way there are excited for a new tournament. Unfortunately, Ireland itself is not as welcoming. There's a dark power that emanates from the island, greedy and desperate to be unleashed, and bitbeasts are on the menu. 

Enter Amber Benson, a local girl with a voice in her head and a mission to get rid of the spinning top kids in any way she can before they end up destroying her part of the world. Hilary Tachibana is the plucky coach/admin/mother of the Bladebreakers who can never ignore a mystery, especially when that mystery might pose a danger to her boys. And Ian Papov, the oft forgotten youngest member of the Blitzkreig boys, who has tagged along with his camera, his bitbeast Wyborg, and a determination to see his brothers get through this tournament safely. These three have nothing in common but when their paths converge and the stakes grow higher, it is up to them to convince the beybladers that they need to stand up and fight, or risk losing their bitbeasts and their lives to something they can't even see.

The major themes in Saving are friendship, obviously, and that even when the stakes are against you, there's always that chance that you can turn the tide. It keeps very much with the feel of the original anime, even though it's a little bit darker, and more bitbeast based, I didn't want to go too far away from making beyblade what people enjoy. It's also my chance to shine a light on characters that don't get much love, like Hilary, like Ian, like Mariam (because if spirits are attacking the world, the Saint Shields will be involved) and Brooklyn too, with his visions that make him choke on his toothbrush. And I get to have characters that don't usually interact hang out together and explore their interactions, something the show never really let us have. Which is why a season four fic is so much fun.

• Administrator

Oh, I forget to explain what my season 4 fic is about.

Basically, it's another world tournament with a strong focus on the Book of Revelations from the good old Bible.

Tournament is in Australia and New Zealand. Three matches. Majority wins of course. Every member on the team must blade at least once.

The plot? Tyson's father, Douglas and Judy do some expedition into the mines in Australia. They manage to harvest the power of the bitbeast, the Leviathan, and these four bitbeasts (the four horseman) get inserted into four beyblades (wielded by past bladers shamed by the Bladebreakers) to bring on the Apocalypse. Hell is unleashed in the tournament, and the Leviathan is able to contact certain characters prone to getting visions through their dreams. It ends up in tragedy and the concept of heaven and hell is brought up. I also look at indigenous beliefs of Aboriginal people in my story, and this comes into play at the end with ancestral creator beings and such - basically, bitbeasts and humans started working together about 70,000 years ago and the Aboriginal people (oldest race on earth), founded them.

There's also lots of other little things happening on the side, but they're usually relationship drama and the like. They're side stories. I'm actually exploring the origins of the bitbeasts in this, and like Zadien, having characters not seen together in the anime, interact (like Johnny and Mariam). 

Future !

I am working on the extension chapters now, but later down the road, I wanna go through A Hero's Last Cry and flesh it out a bit more. I kinda want to expand some character relationships, improve some backstories of some characters (like the Bai Hu Clan and prehistoric bitbeasts). This story was done in 2015, and I didn't touch it again until 2020, so there is a clear evolution of ideas that has happened. There is a lot I would love to cover, but I don't want to over-complicate things. I do need to go back to the start and work through scene by scene to make sure lore inconsistencies are fixed. 

• 2 weeks later...

Something I'm curious about:

I've been writing beyblade fanfiction for 17 years, and clearly the show is no longer out there and there's not as much content being made or support being given, so here's the question, what do you do to keep motivated to write beyblade? What keeps you writing for the series and when your inspiration taps out, what do you do to reignite it?

Do you rewatch episodes, listen to certain music, reread favourite fics or previous reviews you got, look up fanart?

• Administrator
7 hours ago, Zadien said:

Something I'm curious about:

I've been writing beyblade fanfiction for 17 years, and clearly the show is no longer out there and there's not as much content being made or support being given, so here's the question, what do you do to keep motivated to write beyblade? What keeps you writing for the series and when your inspiration taps out, what do you do to reignite it?

Do you rewatch episodes, listen to certain music, reread favourite fics or previous reviews you got, look up fanart?

Good question. I find talking to other fans helps keeps the interest going (such as you and darkened-storm on Discord). Conversations can cover a lot of topics quickly and it's nice to brainstorm with others (sometimes unintentionally).

Sometimes I check out the Beyblade fanfiction archive on FFN to see what ideas people have. Sometimes it's enough to get inspiration going.

• 4 weeks later...

If you could give advice to your younger beyblade fanfic writing self, what would it be? 

For me, it would be: 

• don’t write beyblade fanfiction lol - as much as I love it, it’s a black hole that sucks up all my time and has prevented me doing original stuff and it’s a small fandom now compared to what it once was. I should have quit 10 years ago. 
  • learn to say no to people’s ideas - especially if you’re not comfortable with the idea
  • Don’t write for the readers, they eventually move on 
  • you don’t need all those OCs - yes they belong to a friend who asked you to use them but you do not need them and now you are stuck with them and where is that friend now? 
  • stop over describing things!!! 
  • Administrator

My advice to myself:

• Don't follow the trends. Just because Kai/Rei was popular, it did not mean I had to write it too
  • Step outside my comfort zone. I was too scared to venture outside the box and often just did what other people did.
  • 'Boris laughed evilly'. Stop using too many adverbs to describe stuff that should be apparent in dialogue.
  • It's okay to make the Bladebreakers lose battles.
  • Don't write too many stories all at once. There's a good chance none of them will ever get finished.
  • It's okay to write about other pairings outside the common ones. 
  • AUs are not a sign of bad writing.
  • Actually plan the story out and know the ending. I've started too many stories and never finished them because I had on plan and just wrote based on the reviews I got.
5 minutes ago, AquilaTempestas said:

Actually plan the story out and know the ending. I've started too many stories and never finished them because I had on plan and just wrote based on the reviews I got.

Yes that’s something I should have done for slts. Saving has one, love/hate had one but slts had landmarks to hit and while I always knew where it was going to end, I just wish I had a bit more of the middle planned. 

And not to rush things. 

• 2 months later...

Kai is not going to fall in love with your OP character just because she’s immediately defeated him in battle. That’s not how Kai works. There isn’t going to be heart eyes or wow, she’s awesome because Kai hates losing. He’s an angry boy who will immediately suspect something is amiss or get really butthurt. Can you then use that to create intrigue where he then falls for your character? Yes. Absolutely. But instant love via beyblade battle will not work for him.