Fan fiction.net blacklist

So, as many of you may know fan fiction.net is one of the biggest online writing communities. However, it's also home to some rather nasty people, or just plain idiots. Some of them will try to spam stories with intrusive reviews or PMs, and some will even pretend to act like they are formal moderators. I've been hit by them quite a bit, so I decided to make a list of who these people are so that they can be avoided. Since the people in the communities changes often, feel free to update the list with your own experiences. Note that if you are putting a person here, please explain why they belong on this list, so that others can know what to look for.

Also note, if you get hit with some of these people, there's a few things you can do:

Do not respond to anything they do. They're only looking for attention, or having some misguided attempt at site management. Responding to them will only make it worse. This includes things involving guests, and review deletions.

Block them. You might not be able to stop them overall, but you can block them so they can’t contact you.

Report them. This option doesn't seem to do much, but at least it lets someone know that they're around. Note that talking about them on fan fiction.net itself can make things worse, because these people also seem to follow forum activity and will go after anyone who talks about them there. This also makes the issues worse. If you have to talk about them, use a smaller forum like this one where you know they will not follow.

If they want something from you, don't comply. This includes things that may seem legitimate, such as reportable offenses or any information seemingly delivered in a formal manner. In the end, they are still looking for attention, and will do anything to get it. Complying with their demands, even kindly, just gives them what they want. Note that if something does pop up that is actually an issue, such as a reportable offense that actually is on a story, feel free to fix it, but do not let them know. It's just another form of attention no matter what. Also keep in mind that these people ultimately have no power over you or anyone else, because it's the job of the administrators to decide what can stay on the site and what does not. Unless the administrators say something, it doesn't hold much value, if any.

Find another site. Sometimes the issues on fan fiction.net become too much, or you may need a backup site in case there is mass deletions or things like that. In which case, other sites can be your friend. Archive of our own is probably the best, and accepts a much wider variety of stories than fan fiction.net. The issue is that communities are much smaller there, forums do not exist, and it can take a little bit of time to get to the site because of the invite feature. So a lot of the popularity that is on fanfiction.net may not exist there. The same may go for other, smaller, sites.

With that of the way, here is the blacklist:

Farla- notorious user in the Pokémon fandom, having her own page here called Farla’s Cult. Works with several other users, such as St. Elmo’s Fire.

Hybrid of Fate- another notorious Pokémon fandom person, also having their own page here called Hybrid of Fate. Works with many other users

Wildebunny the Eternal- not a particularly bad user, but very rude. Known for starting arguments in the forums and leaving extremely negative and condescending reviews to stories they don't like. Also appears to be a bit of a bully. Currently actively on the forms, and can be talked to, but I would recommend steering away from their conversations as soon as they try to start an argument. If they give you any reviews, just ignore them, unless there's somehow a positive one. Reviews seem to always be signed. Seems to be in more than one community, but I don't particularly know which ones off the top of my head.

catspats31- has an entire profile dedicated to how they believe the site should be run, and what are supposedly reportable offenses. If they believe your story has a reportable offense, regardless of whether it actually does or not, they will leave a review and they will put it in a reportable offense community and refuse to remove it until the story is either taken down or fixed according to their standards. The review also sound extremely formal, even though they cannot do anything. Stories they also target include self inserts and a character reading something about themselves, and according to the profile, there may be other stories they are willing to target. Lemons are also being targeted, complete with updated terms. There is another user that they work with, finallyexploded, although they do not appear to have the extensive profile.

That's all I can think of for now. I will make more posts if I find anyone else, and feel free to add your own examples.

• Administrator

I have met a few nutjobs on FFN myself.

empresssakura655 - This person sends weird emails to you. They want to be your friend and they'll start asking odd questions. Nothing to do with writing whatsover.

RKORadio - Likes to use FFN like it's a therapist's office. They'll randomly message people and tell you about their health issues. Nothing to do with writing whatsover.

Aluminia - An absolute nutjob of a person. She's actually blocked me on FFN lol. But it started with my story Ravaged World, and she had a real issue with how I write characters because she doesn't write them that way. This happened through FFN Pms. Now this person was also a forum member here, and I soon discovered I was dealing with a crazy person. I didn't realize it was considered super offensive to write the pokemon characters the way you see fit. Anyways, this person believed her OCs could actually talk to her and she couldn't do things because her no-living characters said she couldn't. She couldn't do RPs because her OCs said she couldn't. She basically started spewing a whole bunch of crap about me trying to rally support against me (she made it very obvious stating stuff like there's a certain very rude, arrogant, extremely nasty administrator of this forum...). People saw through her shit. It didn't end well for her so she left claiming she was being bullied by everyone.

There was this author in the Beyblade fandom who has since changed her name. I don't believe she is around anymore however but she's extremely aggressive in her Pms. I don't remember her name and she's blocked me too. She's very anti-canon and really was super offended by my Beyblade fantasy story at the time. It was pretty amusing actually. I've never actually encountered anyone who is super offended by fanfiction. This girl is short-tempered, and will start calling you rude and nasty if you disagree with her. You will then get blocked.

7887- leaves reviews on peoples’ stories in the Pokémon fandom about how he’s a gay man coming out of the closet and is being impersonated with someone else who’s throwing homophobic things around. It’s hard to tell if it’s legitimate, because he won’t respond to any legitimate private messages, but he won’t keep going either. This also seems to happen regardless of whether the user has actually been hit by the person he’s talking about.

there is a set of accounts currently spamming Pokémon stories saying that the two characters Ash and May getting together is Canon, that the site is not for anything else, and then throwing insults at people including swearing. Their reviews are also signed.

• 4 months later...

AsSRape69 - The sort of person who thinks he can make his (?) story seem better by tearing other people down.  Left this hilarious signed review that makes me laugh every time I think about it:

Trash that shouldn't even be in the same category as the literary genius of "Pokemon: Blue's Balls"
Your story pales in comparison to that one in every way and I hope donkeys pee pee on your head.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Nubushi said:

AsSRape69 - The sort of person who thinks he can make his (?) story seem better by tearing other people down.  Left this hilarious signed review that makes me laugh every time I think about it:

Trash that shouldn't even be in the same category as the literary genius of "Pokemon: Blue's Balls"
Your story pales in comparison to that one in every way and I hope donkeys pee pee on your head.

Oh that guy. He had a different name before but leaves the same reviews. He is a notorious troll. 

• 11 months later...
  • Administrator

All right. Warning for all FFN users.

Sakura and I have recieved reviews from a user called dhea11.

They post spam reviews on your stories (I got three for two fandoms - Beyblade and Ice Age) such as:

Such a treasure each one of these books isI've heard a few of them and can't wait to read most of theseIf you have some great stories like this one, you can publish it on Novel Star, just submit your story to hardy novelstar. top or joye novelstar. top

and

Awesome novel. I love it. You can join in NovelStar writing contest with a theme "WEREWOLVES" Prices are amazing!

httpsauthor. starlight. ink/essay/index. html
(PC)
httpapp. novelstar. top/index/index/special/id/87
or email any of the following editors;
hardy novelstar. top
joye novelstar. top
lena novelstar. top
app. novelstar. top

Block them immediately.

Honestly, I'm getting sick of the trash spam shit (reviews and PMs) over the past few years on FFN. Those bloody ads are annoying as hell too.

I'm so close just to ditching FFN's shit and staying with ArchiveOfOurOwn.

NovelStar appears to be some phone app > https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.starlight.novelstar&hl=en_AU&gl=US 

@Board Moderator   @Discord Moderator  @Gold Member @Community Leader  @Platinum Member  @Silver Member  @Bronze Member

• Board Moderator

The guy I got goes by the name of Zhyden, I received two reviews both on the One Piece fandom, this guy didn't spam all those links but I find it equally annoying.

So far my Archive is clean of that stuff, its FFN only that get hit for me, then again, I have comment moderation on all the stories so anything of sorts won't get through. I recommend doing that.

• Discord Moderator

Kudos to the writer of this book. You did an amazing job. Why don't you try to publish your book in NovelStar? A lot of readers will love your work, judging from the book I just read.

I got this as a review from jaeden1112. I ignored it. Still very annoying.

On 4/23/2021 at 6:08 AM, Wizarmonfan said:

Kudos to the writer of this book. You did an amazing job. Why don't you try to publish your book in NovelStar? A lot of readers will love your work, judging from the book I just read.

I got this as a review from jaeden1112. I ignored it. Still very annoying.

I got this review for one of my original stories and fictionpress. I could tell it was an advertisement immediately, which was very annoying. So heads up to anyone posting there that they’re out there as well.

• Administrator
On 4/24/2021 at 11:52 PM, onewiththewheels said:

I got this review for one of my original stories and fictionpress. I could tell it was an advertisement immediately, which was very annoying. So heads up to anyone posting there that they’re out there as well.

That is annoying. 

I wonder if it is all the same person or s group?

• Administrator

I want to add rylek196 to the list.

This guy goes around and spams mostly copy/paste reviews on other stories. He tells the authors that they're are shit and pathetic and if they want to read a good story, they should check his story out because it's so perfect (he says).

He's also got a legion of readers who spam this shit on other stories too. This guy has had a few complaints in his reviews about his 'troll-y' reviews as well.

• Board Moderator
11 hours ago, AquilaTempestas said:

I want to add rylek196 to the list.

This guy goes around and spams mostly copy/paste reviews on other stories. He tells the authors that they're are shit and pathetic and if they want to read a good story, they should check his story out because it's so perfect (he says).

He's also got a legion of readers who spam this shit on other stories too. This guy has had a few complaints in his reviews about his 'troll-y' reviews as well.

I gave a look to the profile, this guy is freaking cancer.

Good riddance.