The Chronicles of AquilaTempestas

• Administrator

My other thread is no longer relevant so I created a new one to mark the third resurrection of AquilaTempestas!

But first. You have to know my history.

I started writing in 2006 under the username glitteredvixen06. I didn't have an identity at this time and kinda just followed the trends so I could get reviews too. Reviews were the most important thing to me back then. I wrote for them and not what I wanted to write. I kept writing under this account up until 2009 when I did something pretty stupid. I basically uploaded a story criticizing a really popular character and the fanbase turned on me. I received fan a lot of hatemail. Authors that were fans of my material put me on their blacklists (though I did make some friends still). I did try to continue under this username but the damage had been done.

I took a few months off reflecting on what I wanted to do. I had to decide what kind of a writer I wanted to be. I wasn't happy following the trends so I sought to become the writer I wanted to be - not what other people wanted. So late 2009 I forged a new name for myself - AquilaTempestas. And thus began my journey of redemption! I made a name for myself as a humour/parody writer and became the number one author in that genre. I befriended another author in that genre and we took over the fandom. 

I kept writing for Beyblade for a few more years churning out over 50 one shots. There were many failed multi-chaptered stories during this time as well. Some stories were over 70,000 words, but dropped. Others didn't even manage to get past chapter two. I had a nasty habit of writing stories then dropping them the moment I got bored. This is how I ended up with 100+ stories for Beyblade. By 2012, I felt I needed to expand to other fandoms. Ice Age 4 was coming out this year and that encouraged me to try my hand. I received a major popularity spike here during this time yet again becoming one of the best known names in the Ice Age fandom during that period. 

I also dabbled in other fandoms - Supernatural, Merlin, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Pokemon Dragon Age... You name it. Nothing serious though. Just a one shot here and there. Ice Age had become my primary fandom. In 2013, I started working hard on Pokemon inspired by another author who wrote a Lance/Lyra. And thus my obsession began. Myself and a group of other authors started writing HeartGold novelisations... I am the only one who finished. The others kinda just disappeared sadly. Divine Destiny was my first ever major story that was longer than 20,000 words. It was also my first serious story that got over 100 reviews. I have taken this story down at least five times now. If I put all the reviews together, I would've had over 200, and 200+ fans. Regrets. 

Anyways. Divine Destiny gave me the courage to continue writing epic stories. That is stories over 100,000 words. I completed Divine Destiny in three months. Ravaged World in six months (2014). A Hero's Last Cry in six months (2015). Reign of Chaos in three months (2015). Spirit of Champions in a year (2016). And most recently, Chains of Fate (2019). I am in the slow process of re-uploading my old stuff and reworking them a bit. The process will be super slow, but I hope to eventually get all my stuff uploaded again.

I've had many fights over the years with many authors. But I've also made some excellent friends whom are here on this forum today. My stories are geared towards a small demographic of people, and cover a variety of genres, but my heart has a fondness for the macabre, the twisted, and of course, the dark humour. Popularity isn't everything.

• 8 months later...
  • Administrator

I'm clearly very bad at updating profiles, and I don't see that improving!

I used to be a very active writer when I was younger (2006). I've had multiple fanfiction accounts over the years and I've deleted many stories several times over.

Wise decision, yes? Fortunately, I was smart enough to keep a copy of every single review and story statistics for each one, so if I need an ego boost I know where to look.

I returned to FFN in 2015 (this might've been my fourth time actually) and re-uploaded some of my  more popular stories (again for the third or fourth time).

FANDOMS > Beyblade, Supernatural, Ice Age, Pokemon, and Dark Souls are my core fandoms, but I have dabbled in many other fandoms including: Harry Potter, Neverwinter Nights, Dragon Age, Narnia, Silent Hill, Merlin, Resident Evil, Assassins Creed, Monster Hunter World, and Smite 

GENRES > Humour, parody, fantasy, adventure, romance, angst, drama

ONE SHOTS > Over 200, but I won't be re-uploading all of them. I'm definitely not listing them here!

NOVELS > Stories with [C] are complete whilst means In-Progress

I have only counted my novels (that is stories over 60,000). I do have smaller novellas but they're not listed here.

All these novels do need to be edited still (so do all my one shots actually), and I'm hoping to have them all done by March 2020 (that's when my final year of university starts. My summer break starts in December 2020 so three months of writing time)

These stories are available on fanfiction.net, but some have not been fully uploaded. The ebook versions will contain the edited versions (the ffn versions are unedited and there are still a few errors and such visible), but these ebook ones are much cleaner. I'm hoping to have them fully completed and available to be downloaded sometime late 2022.

UPDATED AS OF 18th of JANUARY, 2021

• [C] 2015 - A Reign of Chaos [110,000]
    • Assassin's Creed Syndicate re-telling. I wrote this story based on the trailers and finished it before the game came out. This one took me three months to write thanks to a lot of encouragement from my Archive of Our Own fans.
  • [C] 2014 - Mark of a Legend, Part One: Divine Destiny [170,000]
    • Book 1 of my Pokemon trilogy. This is a novelization of HeartGold/SoulSilver. I started this late 2013 actually and finished it early 2014. Took me about six months to write.
  • [C] 2014 - Mark of a Legend, Part Two: Ravaged World [250,000]
    • Book 2 of my Pokemon trilogy.  This is a novelisation of Platinum. I started this one immediately after Divine Destiny. That story did really well oddly, so I decided to do one for Platinum. This also took me six months to write.
  • [C] 2016 - Mark of a Legend, Part Three: Spirit of Champions [250,000]
    • Book 3 of my Pokemon trilogy and still hasn't seen the light of day. This is a combined sequel of the first two stories and resolves all the plot lines. I'm still hoping to upload it. Sometime in the future. This took me about a year to write. I struggled a lot trying to get this one up and running, but I eventually got there!
  • [C] 2015 - A Hero's Last Cry [150,000 and counting]
    • This is my Beyblade season 4 story and was actually considered complete in 2015. But early 2020, I decided I wanted to continue the story by wrapping up some of the unresolved plot lines. I originally planned a sequel, but I just don't have the time and motivation to do another full blown story so I'm narrowing it down to the best parts and adding extra chapters. There'll be at least another 8 chapters added on and I hope to get this done by March 2020.
  • [C] 2020 - A Crown of Thorns [240,000]
    • This is my epic Pokemon fantasy which was actually completed in 2019 over a period of six months (on and off). However, I decided at the end of 2019 that I wasn't satisfied with the plot. This year, I've revised the plot and fixed up many parts of the story that felt lacking. The plot is mostly the same of course with a few touch-ups. I'm currently writing the last two scenes and should hopefully have it done by the end of July 2020. 
  • [IP] 2020/2021 - Master of Shadows [10,000+ and counting - probably around 150,000-200,000]
    • This will likely be my final major project because I just don't foresee myself doing much writing in the future. This was actually a complete revision of an idea I had way back in 2011. Having completed a pokemon-centred fantasy in 2020, I was left wanting to do more. So, I decided to do this story again. The plot is mostly the same still, but with some major revisions regarding characters and the writing itself.
  • [IP] 2021/2022 - The Thin Line between Love and Hate [hoping for something between 60,000-80,000 words]
    • I decided to start a new story to explore some different themes that mean a lot to me, and beyblade was the best way to get this message across. It's a highschool story because it'll keep my mind busy exploring a different side to my usual stuff. It certainly won't be as lengthy as my other stuff. I'm aiming for something under 100,000 words with shorter chapters than usual. It's a highschool story with a darker twist, and the biggest inspiration was the show 13 Reasons Why.
  • 5 months later...
  • Administrator

Not surprisingly, I haven't updated this much.

Anyways. I thought I'd just briefly mention my writing plans for 2021 (and December 2020).

DECEMBER 2020

Untitled Dragon Age story (probably a two shot)

Lust (Assassin's Creed One-Shot) - Might upload to FFN too but it is up on Archive

Untitled Pokemon One Shot (Christmas-based) - need to decide which one will be used for the 2020 Xmas writing challenge

Untitled Smite One Shot (Christmas-based) - need to decide which one will be used for the 2020 Xmas writing challenge

Untitled Beyblade One Shot (Secret Santa Christmas gift thing)

Finish Master of Shadows (beyblade)- Should take me the entire year if I pace myself, but I'm hoping to get at least the bulk of it over January and February when I'm still on my summer break

The Plan (beyblade) - Final chapter of my three-shot/ This was supposed to be a one shot but I got lazy and decided three parts would be easier to manage

Editing, editing and more editing! I keep delaying this and have been for years, but I have quite a large number of stories that need to be looked over again to fix up:

• Typo errors
  • Minor grammatical fixes
  • Restructuring of some sentences
  • Fixing up some scenes
  • Fixing up pokemon grammar

I am planning on moving a lot of stories over to Archive too and uploading more stories to FFN again (third, fourth time now? I'm losing track!)

I'm also hoping to catch up on a lot of reviews that I need to drop. So yeah, editing probably in the last week of December with minor touch ups over 2021. The goal is still to get some stuff printed for my own reading

I may also randomly do a few more one shots depending on inspiration at the time

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator

I finally decided to convert my pokemon fanfiction (A Crown of Thorns) into an original piece of work.

If you're not a fan of Pokemon, but you still want to read my fantasy stuff, you can do that now here.

https://www.wattpad.com/1022002461-chains-of-fate-prologue

Main four characters

• Elijah Blackthorn (a mage)
  • Julia de le Carte (sister of Sebastian)
  • Sebastian de le Carte (brother of Julia - heir to the throne)
  • Melisandre Attenwood (leading female protagonist)

It will also be uploaded to my FictionPress page (does anyone even use this site?)

https://www.fictionpress.com/~aquilatemptestas

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator

All right, April 2021!

My major project for the year will be Master of Shadows [beyblade].

I also did a full edit of A Crown of Thorns/Chains of Fate [pokemon] and it should read better than it did previously.

Other than that, I plan to do some small edits of other completed works, but maybe the odd one shot here and there whenever I feel inspired.

UPDATED AS OF 6th of APRIL, 2021

• [C] 2014 - Mark of a Legend, Part One: Divine Destiny [170,000] 
  • FRIENDSHIP/ROMANCE
    • Book 1 of my Pokemon trilogy. This is a novelization of HeartGold/SoulSilver. I started this late 2013 actually and finished it early 2014. Took me about six months to write. I've done some editing over the past few months to fix up capitalization issues and some bizarre sentence choices. I may go through another edit over the winter or summer break and fix up some other issues, but I'm pretty satisfied.
  • [C] 2014 - Mark of a Legend, Part Two: Ravaged World [250,000]
  • ANGST/DRAMA
    • Book 2 of my Pokemon trilogy.  This is a novelisation of Platinum. I started this one immediately after Divine Destiny. That story did really well oddly, so I decided to do one for Platinum. This also took me six months to write. This needs to be edited still to fix up capitalizion issues and other minor grammatical errors. There are also some pokemon moves that are wrong and I just haven't gotten around to fixing it.
  • [C] 2015 - A Reign of Chaos [110,000]
  • ANGST/ACTION
    • Assassin's Creed Syndicate re-telling. I wrote this story based on the trailers and finished it before the game came out. This one took me three months to write thanks to a lot of encouragement from my Archive of Our Own fans. Needs some slight editing to fix up some odd sentences and grammatical errors, but I'm pretty happy overall with how this turned out.
  • [C] 2015 - A Hero's Last Cry [197,000] (received an extension in early 2020)
  • FRIENDSHIP/ROMANCE/DRAMA
    • This is my Beyblade season 4 story and was actually considered complete in 2015. But early 2020, I decided I wanted to continue the story by wrapping up some of the unresolved plot lines. I originally planned a sequel, but I just don't have the time and motivation to do another full blown story so I'm narrowing it down to the best parts and adding extra chapters. There'll be at least another 8 chapters added on and I hope to get this done by March 2020. This story is now complete and I'm pretty satisfied with it, though I think I may add an extra scene about Tala because it's a fun scene. I think it still needs some fixing in regards to grammatical stuff, but that's easy enough to fix.
  • [C] 2016 - Mark of a Legend, Part Three: Spirit of Champions [250,000]
  • ANGST/DRAMA/ROMANCE
    • Book 3 of my Pokemon trilogy and still hasn't seen the light of day. This is a combined sequel of the first two stories and resolves all the plot lines. I'm still hoping to upload it. Sometime in the future. This took me about a year to write. I struggled a lot trying to get this one up and running, but I eventually got there! Same as above. Capitalization issues need to be fixed, and other grammatical errors.
  • [C] 2020 - A Crown of Thorns/Chains of Fate [246,000]
  • GRIMDARK FANTASY/ROMANCE
    • This is my epic Pokemon fantasy which was actually completed in 2019 over a period of six months (on and off). However, I decided at the end of 2019 that I wasn't satisfied with the plot. This year, I've revised the plot and fixed up many parts of the story that felt lacking. The plot is mostly the same of course with a few touch-ups. I'm currently writing the last two scenes and should hopefully have it done by the end of July 2020. I ended up going through this entire story again in March 2021 and fixed up the middle portion of the story. Some scenes were removed entirely. Others rewritten. I also added some new scenes to bridge scenes together a bit better. I will probably go through it again at some point for a few more touch ups but nothing major.
  • [IP] 2021 /2022- Master of Shadows [10,000+ and counting - probably around 150,000-200,000 depending on how slowly I progress through the plot]
  • GRIMDARK FANTASY/ROMANCE (if you squint)
    • This will likely be my final major project because I just don't foresee myself doing much writing in the future. This was actually a complete revision of an idea I had way back in 2011. Having completed a pokemon-centred fantasy in 2020, I was left wanting to do more. So, I decided to do this story again. The plot is mostly the same still, but with some major revisions regarding characters and the writing itself. Currently working on this and I am hoping to get it done by the end of January, 2022. I am aiming for two chapters a month. It's a complex story, and there's a lot going on, but I'm making steady progress. Chapters should be around the 4500-5000 word mark - I don't want to go over that. But yes, it's a very dark story. Definitely the most extreme thing I've written.
  • [IP] 2021/2022 - The Thin Line between Love and Hate [hoping for something between 60,000-80,000 words]
  • ANGST/DRAMA/ROMANCE
    • I decided to start a new story to explore some different themes that mean a lot to me, and beyblade was the best way to get this message across. It's a highschool story because it'll keep my mind busy exploring a different side to my usual stuff. It certainly won't be as lengthy as my other stuff. I'm aiming for something under 100,000 words with shorter chapters than usual. It's a highschool story with a darker twist, and the biggest inspiration was the show 13 Reasons Why. I am currently stuck on this, and not sure when I'll update again, but I do like my idea and I'm keen to continue. I just need some inspiration.