Supernatural

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Things i learned at the Supernatural convention yesterday... - Matt Cohen (young John and Michael), and Rob Benedict (Chuck) screamed when they saw an Australian huntsman spider (they jumped on their

I had to post this here too. It's a tiny Sam and Dean. Helps that Cals hair looks like Sams at the moment. #DriverPicksTheMusic #ShotgunShutsHisCakehole Sadly not an Impala. It's an old Ford

I went back and watched the last episode. But nothing from the season they introduced Chuck as "God" Honestly and this has gotten me backlash and probably more  but  I stopped watching it because

• Administrator

It's official news now. Supernatural is ending after season 15.

https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/2019/03/22/supernatural-ending-the-cw-season-15/?fbclid=IwAR1jm7PRKDRnFC0k1kKcy8_T7JPadS41evrG_CvFE10fUm1V_YCbm9N46YQ

Thank god. Don't get me wrong. I loved the show. But the seasons after Eric Kripke and Sera Gamble kinda were hit and miss.

@Nocturna @Lil' Solar-Bunny @Lady Mechanika

• Community Leader
On 3/23/2019 at 4:56 PM, AquilaTempestas said:

It's official news now. Supernatural is ending after season 15.

https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/2019/03/22/supernatural-ending-the-cw-season-15/?fbclid=IwAR1jm7PRKDRnFC0k1kKcy8_T7JPadS41evrG_CvFE10fUm1V_YCbm9N46YQ

Thank god. Don't get me wrong. I loved the show. But the seasons after Eric Kripke and Sera Gamble kinda were hit and miss.

@Nocturna @Lil' Solar-Bunny @Lady Mechanika

I had a slight 15 minute crisis when I found this out, they better do something to tie off loose ends (eg throw Adam back in Heaven or actually use him someway) in that last season. I calmed down a little when I found out

AU Michael

died though so they don't have to waste season 15 on that assbutt. 

Also I found another video of drunk Lucifer singing. Holy crap this man has moves. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sH026hjRPVA

• Administrator
42 minutes ago, Nocturna said:

I had a slight 15 minute crisis when I found this out, they better do something to tie off loose ends (eg throw Adam back in Heaven or actually use him someway) in that last season. I calmed down a little when I found out

Reveal hidden contents

died though so they don't have to waste season 15 on that assbutt. 

Also I found another video of drunk Lucifer singing. Holy crap this man has moves. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sH026hjRPVA

I wonder if they all just die and end up with their father. 

• 6 months later...
  • Administrator

Onto the final season of Supernatural now. Fifteen years. Crazy to think it's been around for that long. Anyways.

@Amadeus

I kinda tuned out between seasons 8-15. Different writers did different seasons and they even admitted they ignored canon from early on because why not.

There have been some good moments. There have been some stellar episodes after season 7. But a lot of filler material and some very silly plot lines. 

However. This scene of 15x01 gave me hope of an amazing season. I might just rewatch the entire show from the beginning once it's all over if this becomes a reality....

• 10 months later...
  • Administrator
20 minutes ago, Zadien said:

Wow. I'm probably not alone in this when I think it should have ended a long time ago. In terms of in story years, how many years have the guys been doing this?

15 years!

I totally believe it should've ended after season 5. All the seasons after that were just milking the show for money. 

Oh yeah for sure. Has it been 15 in show years? Because if so, that's robbed those two characters of a life which is pretty miserable. Honestly, the show screwed itself over every time they killed one of them and routinely brought them back. Death ceased to matter and female characters didn't exist because of fandom (you do not let fans dictate how your show goes, because those fans will not always support you and they're the kind you don't need). and it just lost track of itself.

• Administrator
21 minutes ago, Zadien said:

Oh yeah for sure. Has it been 15 in show years? Because if so, that's robbed those two characters of a life which is pretty miserable. Honestly, the show screwed itself over every time they killed one of them and routinely brought them back. Death ceased to matter and female characters didn't exist because of fandom (you do not let fans dictate how your show goes, because those fans will not always support you and they're the kind you don't need). and it just lost track of itself.

Very much agreed. They kept making extra seasons because the head of CW Network is a big fan of Supernatural and wanted it to keep going until the actors wanted to call it a day.

Crowley's actor left the show because he got tired of how the show was being run. And yeah, totally agreed. Death was sad the first time it happened, but after that it became a joke.

If they actually do die it just won't be that emotional anymore. I really wish Jo and Ellen were still around. They were great.

The first few seasons with Eric Kripke had meaning. Every season after his departure has become full of contrived drama, bad character decisions, the emotionally-struggling character, and and an intimidating villain that becomes comedic material later. We also can't overlook every season ends up with the main characters doing something stupid that sets up the conflict for the next season. It has become badly written fanfiction.

• Administrator

Yeah, I can see that. The show was always pretty dramatic but somehow turned more into a supernatural soap opera over the years.

So. According to the latest panels (before covid hit), Lucifer is coming back. Mark Pellegrino has confirmed he is returning as Lucifer. The show has seemed to be building up towards a repeat of season 5 ending.

I'm actually okay with that. I kinda thought how 05 ending was pretty cheesy so hopefully, if they take that path again, they will do it right.

The only thing the writers haven't forgotten is that Samifer said in 04 we will always end up here.

I think Castiel will die and Sam and Dean will take over heaven and hell. I might have to rewatch season 15 all over again and see what other hints I can pick up on.

• Community Leader

I'm gonna tune in for the final episodes, hopefully my new vpn will work with the cw website so I can watch them as soon as they release, without getting a virus. 

They could have ended sooner but at least it seems the actors are ending this on their own terms. They sound proud of their work too ^^ 

I hope this ending will be bittersweet if it has to be sad. I hate downer endings 

Yeah the show really jumped the shark which is a shame because when it was good, it was so very good. The music, the camera work, the way they did the episodes and the "story so far" thing were iconic. And then it just lost the feel as they extended it way past its end by date. I get that they were following the popularity of it, but sometimes you just have to end on a high so that people rewatch and buy the merch and don't end up disliking it because it went on too long.

• Administrator
On 9/1/2020 at 4:42 AM, Zadien said:

Yeah the show really jumped the shark which is a shame because when it was good, it was so very good. The music, the camera work, the way they did the episodes and the "story so far" thing were iconic. And then it just lost the feel as they extended it way past its end by date. I get that they were following the popularity of it, but sometimes you just have to end on a high so that people rewatch and buy the merch and don't end up disliking it because it went on too long.

Agreed. I wonder if it's because they built up such a strong connection with the fanbase they were getting influenced by what the fans wanted. I can't think of any other major show that has so many conventions.

On 9/1/2020 at 2:31 AM, Nocturna said:

I'm gonna tune in for the final episodes, hopefully my new vpn will work with the cw website so I can watch them as soon as they release, without getting a virus. 

They could have ended sooner but at least it seems the actors are ending this on their own terms. They sound proud of their work too ^^ 

I hope this ending will be bittersweet if it has to be sad. I hate downer endings 

Yup. I'll tune in for the final 7 episodes. I really hope we get to see Michael shine. I didn't like Alternate Michael but Jake Abel's Michael is just fantastic.

• Community Leader
16 hours ago, AquilaTempestas said:

Yup. I'll tune in for the final 7 episodes. I really hope we get to see Michael shine. I didn't like Alternate Michael but Jake Abel's Michael is just fantastic.

Yeah I didn't like AU Michael at all, he seemed even more of a dick than the Main-Verse Michael could be. Who seems chiller now because Cage Therapy + Adam. I'm also praying that Lucifer returning means him and Michael will make amends in some way. Just to give them even a small happy ending. 

I'm expecting the Destiel fans to riot if Dean and Castiel don't 'hook up'.  I did ship that but with how Dean treats Cas sometimes I just hope they can be on good terms when the show ends <_< 

• 2 months later...
  • Community Leader

Holy shit I love and hate this newest episode

(OBVIOUS SPOILERS AHEAD LUL)

Sam's non-stop sad face

Jack fucking explodes then comes back to life like what

Castiel fucking did one of these : https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DyingDeclarationOfLove 

Disappointed there was no actual kiss or anything but I dunno if that would have made the episode better or worse in terms of suffering. 

• Administrator
On 11/6/2020 at 9:23 PM, Nocturna said:

Holy shit I love and hate this newest episode

(OBVIOUS SPOILERS AHEAD LUL)

Sam's non-stop sad face

Jack fucking explodes then comes back to life like what

Castiel fucking did one of these : https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DyingDeclarationOfLove 

Disappointed there was no actual kiss or anything but I dunno if that would have made the episode better or worse in terms of suffering. 

Ha, yeah, I thought you'd enjoy the Destiel stuff even though it was a bit one-sided haha.

As for the last ever episode....

Rumours

• Adam/Michael will help stop God
  • Mark Pellegrino hinted that he would be returning (this happened when they started filming again after the COVID pause)
  • Misha was not seen on set for the final episode

What I think will happen

• Bad writing
  • Jack to die and become the new Death
  • Sam to take over Hell and Dean to ascend to Heaven
  • Community Leader
6 hours ago, AquilaTempestas said:

Ha, yeah, I thought you'd enjoy the Destiel stuff even though it was a bit one-sided haha.

As for the last ever episode....

Rumours

• Adam/Michael will help stop God
  • Mark Pellegrino hinted that he would be returning (this happened when they started filming again after the COVID pause)
  • Misha was not seen on set for the final episode

What I think will happen

• Bad writing
  • Jack to die and become the new Death
  • Sam to take over Hell and Dean to ascend to Heaven

If Mark Pellegrino does return I hope that means Michael and Lucifer will make up and work together to help Sam and Dean. God made them become enemies, not much reason they shouldn't be pissed at him for pretty much ruining their family for entertainment 

(I just want Lucifer and Michael to be happy brothers again sue me) 

I am still sobbing over Castiel and pray everything isn't fucking glossed over in these last two episodes. Dean doesn't have to reciprocate his feelings, I just want them to be completely acknowledged and respected so his death feels a little less painful. 

And damn the worst thing about Castiel's death is that humans and angels have separate afterlifes so Cas wouldn't even be in the same realm as them if they died. Fucking hate the Empty 

• Administrator
On 11/8/2020 at 6:56 PM, Nocturna said:

If Mark Pellegrino does return I hope that means Michael and Lucifer will make up and work together to help Sam and Dean. God made them become enemies, not much reason they shouldn't be pissed at him for pretty much ruining their family for entertainment 

(I just want Lucifer and Michael to be happy brothers again sue me) 

I am still sobbing over Castiel and pray everything isn't fucking glossed over in these last two episodes. Dean doesn't have to reciprocate his feelings, I just want them to be completely acknowledged and respected so his death feels a little less painful. 

And damn the worst thing about Castiel's death is that humans and angels have separate afterlifes so Cas wouldn't even be in the same realm as them if they died. Fucking hate the Empty 

Mark P says he is returning, and apparently someone saw him on the final set. I think you are correct too about Michael and Lucifer working with Sam and Dean to take down God/Amara.

I do wonder though if Sam/Lucifer will watch over hell and Michael/Dean watch over heaven. I remember them saying it was a bittersweet ending.

Sadly there is only one episode left. The episode before is just an hour of farewells, reflections and the like.

• Community Leader
7 minutes ago, AquilaTempestas said:

Mark P says he is returning, and apparently someone saw him on the final set. I think you are correct too about Michael and Lucifer working with Sam and Dean to take down God/Amara.

I do wonder though if Sam/Lucifer will watch over hell and Michael/Dean watch over heaven. I remember them saying it was a bittersweet ending.

Sadly there is only one episode left. The episode before is just an hour of farewells, reflections and the like.

Whoo if thats true that would be awesome. I'd just really love to see how Lucifer and Michael would interact after the hell that was the cage lol

Definitely don't see it being sunshine and rainbows but it'd be interesting. Them completely making up would be wishful thinking but eh 

• Administrator

What a terrible fucking ending.

What sort of pile of steaming shit was that?

• This felt very rushed
  • Random secret plan out of nowhere bringing back old characters that had no reason to be there
  • Lucifer and Michael? Ruined all sort of character development they had? What the fuck? They did Michael so dirty.
  • Let's just make Jack super OP because that makes perfect sense. Couldn't Jack bring back Castiel if he cared so much? 
  • How the fuck can an arch angel kill Death? That goes against the show's established lore?
  • Terrible cringy dialogue. The whole episode was super predictable
  • How the fuck did Michael not know he was being deceived? Arch angels are supposed to know when you are lying... And God is supposed to know everything too...

Is God just fucking with them?

You know what? I'm just going to pretend Supernatural ended with season 5 because the last few seasons have been shite.

I thought GoT's final season was terrible. But this is so much worse. It's like really bad fanfiction.

• Community Leader

I loved this season but they had to ruin it with this episode T.T

- Lucifer and Michael are just ruined. Probably my fault for hoping they'll make up but nah. We get a stab then they both end up having been secretly working for Chuck who lets them both fucking die. 

- Is Adam back now everyone's back? I can let this go if he's in the last episode because god knows what the fuck will happen there. 

- CAS. Dean was clearly moping through the episode to begin with, getting pissed, visibly upset whenever he's mentioned, etc... But no mention of him at the end and God is Dean dense or did he not realise what the fuck happened last episode. CAS BETTER RETURN IN THE FINALE BECAUSE WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK. 

- WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK IS HAPPENING NEXT EPISODE. They could have stretched the final fight to across these two episodes, and maybe avoided some of the shit that happened here. 

- I love Jack but couldn't they have made any of the other characters God-like? The bullshit power upgrade is just unbelievable. The 'explanation' of the final plan to Chuck was absolute bullshit too. 

I can't with this, I have zero hope for the last episode :(

• Administrator
On 11/13/2020 at 8:56 PM, Nocturna said:

I loved this season but they had to ruin it with this episode T.T

- Lucifer and Michael are just ruined. Probably my fault for hoping they'll make up but nah. We get a stab then they both end up having been secretly working for Chuck who lets them both fucking die. 

- Is Adam back now everyone's back? I can let this go if he's in the last episode because god knows what the fuck will happen there. 

- CAS. Dean was clearly moping through the episode to begin with, getting pissed, visibly upset whenever he's mentioned, etc... But no mention of him at the end and God is Dean dense or did he not realise what the fuck happened last episode. CAS BETTER RETURN IN THE FINALE BECAUSE WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK. 

- WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK IS HAPPENING NEXT EPISODE. They could have stretched the final fight to across these two episodes, and maybe avoided some of the shit that happened here. 

- I love Jack but couldn't they have made any of the other characters God-like? The bullshit power upgrade is just unbelievable. The 'explanation' of the final plan to Chuck was absolute bullshit too. 

I can't with this, I have zero hope for the last episode :(

Agree with all your points.

So the series finale has happened.

Spoiler tagged.

My thought process as the episode was watched. I'll post my actual thoughts later!

In season 13, Dean desperately wanted Cas returned after losing him. He begged God. He got depressed for several episodes.

Final season? Jack is OP but can't be bothered to bring back Cas. Dean and Sam don't even ask. Lucifer can randomly be brought back from the Empty. But Cas doesn't matter?

I guess the whole theme is humans are the greatest monsters of all.

Shit writing. Bad plot holes. Honestly, I would've been happy to wait another year for a proper finale instead of the rushed shit we have gotten.

But seriously. Fucking vampires? That's how it ends? What. The. Fuck. And they bring back Jenny who was briefly in 1x20 for no reason. Who cares?

And Dead dead because of this idiotic trash? So they can take on powerful characters like Lucifer, Michael, and even God himself... But vampire-mimes? And a bloody nail? 

WHY DIDN'T JACK DO A DAMN THING? SO MUCH FOR FAMILY. Why the hell would he just stop caring? About his so-called family?

AND WHY IS CAS IGNORED STILL? I guess Castiel, Dean, Michael and Lucifer are just chilling in the Empty thinking well this is fucked.

This is just poorly done shit. Best part? The acting. Everything else is trash.

Well. That ending is a bit better. Castiel is in heaven with Jack running things. 

And Sam named his son Dean. Why does he even have a romance with Eileen when she was hardly ever in the show? I guess he gets the ending he wanted from the very beginning.

But this is still shit.

What a shit ending. What a terrible season full of plot holes and bad writing. I will not be accepting this as my canon. Eric was the original writer, and I follow his ending.