General Gaming News

AquilaTempestas

• 8 months later...
  • Administrator

Here's what we know so far for upcoming releases for all platforms.

What has caught your interest?

https://www.gamesradar.com/au/video-game-release-dates/ [updated on the 24th August, 2020 - might be updated again soon since Gamescon is happening right now]

@onewiththewheels @Sakura Alexia @VectorLogic @TJMike @Exelior @Stubborn Saber @Nirianne @Hikari @Lightningblade49 @Nirianne @Zadien @Nocturna @Hera @RykerDavis @OfficerDonNZ @Lady Mechanika @I_StillAlive @frankenjoly @deviLz

Honestly there’s very little announced that I would play for myself. I’ll get Spider-Man miles morales I’m sure and Lego Star Wars too, and that’s kind of it. I’ll probably watch someone stream Cyberpunk but I’m not very excited for it because so far it’s not appealing to me. I might try AC Valhalla but I dunno, I need to see a bit more of it before I commit. 

• Community Leader

It's not on that list (for some reason) but Rune Factory 5 was supposed to be out this year. There's been no update since last year though so it'll probably be pushed to 2021. Shame because it's one of my favourite video game series.

Also Digimon Survive I'm very interested in, along with Shin Megami Tensei V and Nocturne Remaster. 

Nexomon released today as well, I'm currently on the first game so I'll wait until I beat that before considering the sequel.

There’s quite a few games that aren’t on that list that interest me. Digimon Survive is one, Spiritfair is another, and I heard Pikmin 3 is getting ported to the switch in December. The last campfire sounds interesting, as does Bark. And of course the legend of Zelda breath of the wild sequel, Dragon quest heroes one and two, and Pokémon new snap seem like solid choices as well.

• Administrator
20 hours ago, onewiththewheels said:

There’s quite a few games that aren’t on that list that interest me. Digimon Survive is one, Spiritfair is another, and I heard Pikmin 3 is getting ported to the switch in December. The last campfire sounds interesting, as does Bark. And of course the legend of Zelda breath of the wild sequel, Dragon quest heroes one and two, and Pokémon new snap seem like solid choices as well.

Oh yeah Pokemon Snap! And the upcoming Tundra DLC.

The ones I'm interested in...

• Godfall
  • AC Valhalla - Norse mythology, some Norse history, and it's an AC game. What could I not love?
  • Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2. I want a fun vampire game
  • Resident Evil 8 - Looks interesting
  • Demon Souls Remastered - Only Soulsborne game I haven't played. This one started it all
  • Dragon Age 4 - whenever this comes out
  • Horizon Forbidden West - looks interesting. Never played the first one but oh wel
  • Elder Scrolls 6 - whenever it comes out
  • Cyberpunk - Again, another looks interesting but I'll have to wait out.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't think those titles in particular are now being exclusive to Xbox/PC (or at least I hope so lol).

For one, I don't see the logic of, say, release a new Dishonored exclusively for the Xbox-whatever (sorry, I lost track of xbox since 2013 :D) , and leave we humble PS4 guys and gals without it, even when we played the first 3 previous games.

Second, they will probably not make those series exclusive, but they might release them a year later for PS. I would rage and get sad about it, but I can live with that.

Third, I can see Microsoft gaining back their investment in Bethesda by making them produce new cool IPs exclusive for Xbox/PC. I mean, not to be rude here and I'm talking without knowing, but I can't think on any Xbox exclusive that isn't Halo or Gears so Microsoft's probably getting some by next year.

Also, I was a bit scared when I watched that gameplay of Demon Souls, @AquilaTempestas. I mean, I get that it was (hopefully) just to see the new graphics and all, and not actual difficulty. That footage looked like, really, really easy, and not in a fun way. It's the Progenitor of the Darkiroborne saga! The character should've died at least 3 times in that trailer lmao! I really hope From Software didn't listened to those blasphemers that asked for an "Easy Mode" for Sekiro lol

• Administrator
17 minutes ago, TJMike said:

I don't think those titles in particular are now being exclusive to Xbox/PC (or at least I hope so lol).

For one, I don't see the logic of, say, release a new Dishonored exclusively for the Xbox-whatever (sorry, I lost track of xbox since 2013 :D) , and leave we humble PS4 guys and gals without it, even when we played the first 3 previous games.

Second, they will probably not make those series exclusive, but they might release them a year later for PS. I would rage and get sad about it, but I can live with that.

Third, I can see Microsoft gaining back their investment in Bethesda by making them produce new cool IPs exclusive for Xbox/PC. I mean, not to be rude here and I'm talking without knowing, but I can't think on any Xbox exclusive that isn't Halo or Gears so Microsoft's probably getting some by next year.

Also, I was a bit scared when I watched that gameplay of Demon Souls, @AquilaTempestas. I mean, I get that it was (hopefully) just to see the new graphics and all, and not actual difficulty. That footage looked like, really, really easy, and not in a fun way. It's the Progenitor of the Darkiroborne saga! The character should've died at least 3 times in that trailer lmao! I really hope From Software didn't listened to those blasphemers that asked for an "Easy Mode" for Sekiro lol

Yeah. I don't think they would shut off an entire established fanbase. They will probably do timed exclusives though.

Gameplay in demos and trailers are always dumbed down. You got nothing to worry about. I also heard Demon Souls was never hard. It was the limitations of technology and clunky controls that made it difficult.

• 5 months later...
  • Administrator
  • 2 weeks later...