General Gaming News

AquilaTempestas

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Monster Hunter World will be availlable for free from the 12th of December to the 17th of December.

All progression is saved so if you decide to buy the game later on, you can pick up from where you left off.

So. Give it a try! It's heaps of fun and makes for hilarious videos and jolly cooperation.

@Exelior @Stubborn Saber @StrayBats @I_StillAlive @TJMike @Kage @congresscrab @Laggy

1 hour ago, Lucifer said:

Monster Hunter World will be availlable for free from the 12th of December to the 17th of December.

All progression is saved so if you decide to buy the game later on, you can pick up from where you left off.

So. Give it a try! It's heaps of fun and makes for hilarious videos and jolly cooperation.

@Exelior @Stubborn Saber @StrayBats @I_StillAlive @TJMike @Kage @congresscrab @Laggy

Don't have the specs to run it :'(

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Jon Snow said:

Honestly.. I think we won't really see that much for older games, maybe some new join-dev titles, collaboration games, etc 

I think its mainly going to be sharing ideas regarding AI, graphics cards (that one I know), dev tools, production protections, etc

Also, to take on the other mega-corporations like Apple, Google, etc

But fingers are still crossed. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Calling all Pokemon fans.

@Nirianne @onewiththewheels @Wizarmonfan @Flowered Panda @Sakura Alexia @Lightningblade49 @IanAlphaAxel @VectorLogic @Aiko Isari @Hikari

sword-and-shield-direct.900x.jpg

The Pokémon Company is hosting its 2019 Press Conference in Tokyo, Japan, on Tuesday, May 28. You can watch the event live here at Pokemon.com starting at 6 p.m. PDT. The press conference is expected to cover a number of topics of interest to Pokémon fans.

On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 11:01 AM, AquilaTempestas said:

Calling all Pokemon fans.

@Nirianne @onewiththewheels @Wizarmonfan @Flowered Panda @Sakura Alexia @Lightningblade49 @IanAlphaAxel @VectorLogic @Aiko Isari @Hikari

sword-and-shield-direct.900x.jpg

The Pokémon Company is hosting its 2019 Press Conference in Tokyo, Japan, on Tuesday, May 28. You can watch the event live here at Pokemon.com starting at 6 p.m. PDT. The press conference is expected to cover a number of topics of interest to Pokémon fans.

Saved a link a few days ago I am ready :)

12 hours ago, AquilaTempestas said:

What do you think of Baldurs Gate III @OfficerDonNZ?

Not being done by BioWare fortunately but someone else. Should be interesting. Done by the same team who did Divinity 2 which is excellent.

This is the uncut trailer.

Mixed feelings at best. I'm not really sure how they can justify a BG3 as the Bhaalspwan's story was done and dusted at the end of Throne of Bhaal. Time will tell I guess. I'm not a fan of Larian's turn based RPG's so my hopes aren't high.

• 2 weeks later...

So... Sword and Shield won't have all the Pokémon from every game included.

I'll admit, I'm pretty disappointed, and I was kind of confused on which way I wanted to go with this subject... Most of the time when a game company fails to live up to expectations I'm pretty unapologetic.

But uh... Well, when I thought about it more, I realised this was kinda bound to happen eventually.

I highly doubt we could get to Gen 56 and still have every single one of 5000+ Pokémon or so on a single game, while I demand the best from gaming companies, there are times when you just gotta step back and cut 'em some slack... that would be insanely hard to pull off. That's assuming you could even have enough space for each individual one and animations for them.

Besides... Did anyone who actually collected them all really use each and every one of those Pokémon? I dare anyone to tell me they're a diehard Stantler fan. I highly doubt they'll get rid of the more popular Pokémon, probably a bunch of legendries which might be a bit sore but... y'know, it was always a bit tacky using them in actual battles anyway.

What matters is if they've put effort into the rest of the game to make up for it, and... yea, it kind of looks like they have. there seems to be a ton of new content, fun ideas, and just look at those open world zones. So I'm still positive overall in looking forwards to the game... hopefully we'll get more details on it soon so we can make some more reasonable judgements, but I think for the moment people should cool off and wait a bit. If you're really upset about this news, then idk, maybe the inevitability of it might make it feel less like a betrayal...

Now, I will say that from what I've heard, Pokémon Home (update of Pokémon bank I think?) is gonna be paid subscription... nah, you should get it for free if you get a game from any of the upcoming generations, so you can still collect them all and store them away, with some rotation between all the games to allow you to transfer in and out depending on what you're playing. Easy fix... though i dunno if they'd ever make that decision unfortunately...

(also yes, this is my first post in months, leave me alone I've been busy lol)

On 6/21/2019 at 3:13 PM, onewiththewheels said:

@Exelior

I think your post belongs in the Pokémon club section.  To find it, head to the top right  and click on clubs.  I’ve already posted  with more on the announcement and my opinion there. This particular thread is for official news for all games. 

Ah you pretty much covered what I wanted to say up there lol, I'll keep it in mind in the future tho, thx