Season 5 Patch Notes

AquilaTempestas

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

@Stubborn Saber @Sakura Alexia @Shizophrenia @VectorLogic @Ace of Spies @X_Dark_Paladin @Lil' Moon-Bunny 

This is the last patch of the season so we should be getting 5.24 sometime shortly after New Years then 6.1 patch notes around mid Jan.

6.1 early February and this will see a large number of changes to items, gods etc as always. New meta incoming. Changes to conquest.

This patch is due to be released on the 7th of January.

Skins

King Arthur recolour

Smite-Arthur-Recolor-PatchNotesCard-588x

Dragon Keeper Discordia [dragon chest]

Smite-Discordia-DragonKeeper-PatchNotesC

Cosmic Conqueror Hercules [probably a chest]

Smite-Hercules-CosmicConqueror-PatchNote

Blight Guardian Athena [probably a chest]

PatchNotesCard-Athena-Blight-588x664.jpg

Brimstone Cerberus [probably a chest]

PatchNotesCard-Cerberus-Brimstone-588x66

Glacial Gaze Medusa [probably a chest]

Smite-Medusa-GlacialGaze-PatchNotesCard-

King Arthur masteries

Arthur_mastery_patchcard.jpg

Item Balance

None

God Balance

Arachne

• Night Crawler

• Enemies in the Area are slowed by 25% and Arachne gains 40% movement speed

• Overlaying webs from her third ability

• Web do not stack in intensity

Hel

• Switch Stances

• Increased Dark Power Buff and Aura

• Increased Light Stance Protection Buff and Aura

Susano

• Typhoon

• Removed pre-fire time on this ability, Allowing Susano to begin channeling the typhoon more quickly and cast other abilities sooner

Thor

• Tectonic Rif

• Decreased cooldown from 17s to 17s/16.5s/16s/15.5s/15s

Xing Tian

• Furious Roar

• Increased Duration from 1s/2s/3s/4s/4s to 4s at all ranks, decreased # damage from basics attacks

• Whirlwind of Rage and Steal

• Now deals damage to enemies in his ult even if they cleanse the grab, increase movement speed while channeling this ability by 25%

Legend of Kamelot Event

• Five patches. Two quests each. 
  • Each event includes bundles which have two skins and two bonus rewards
  • If you buy three bundles, you get a Tyr skin
  • If you buy five bundles, you get a Merlin skin
  • Every quest gives you 20 gems

God 99 - King Arthur

• Warrior Boots, Glad Shield, Masamune and Void Shield are core items
  • Other items should be defensive. The longer you survive in battle, the better damage you will do
  • He will probably get nerfed to the ground in 6.1. Dude has mitigations. Stuns. Cripples. True damage. Slow. Root. Two knockups. Low cooldowns. Six abilities. Two ultimates. Wtf HiRez?
  • Seems like a mash up of everyone's favourite gods, Susano, Tyr and NeZha
  • He automatically switches stances upon using an ability. They mentioned the combo of 1-2-3-1
  • Two ultimates depending on your energy metre. 85% and over will give you the Super Mario Smash Brothers final smash type move

STEADFAST [PASSIVE]

• Each time King Arthur’s abilities damage a god he gains a stack of Steadfast, reducing damage he takes and increasing the rate at which he builds energy. This  Additionally, King Arthur does not benefit from Attack Speed. Bonus Attack Speed instead increases the rate at which he builds energy.
    • Damage Mitigation: 1.5% per Stack
    • Bonus Energy Gain: 25% per Stack
    • Duration: 15s
    • Max Stack Count: 4
    • Attack Speed Conversion: 33% of Attack Speed
    •  
OVERHEAD SLASH (HAMSTRING)

• Standard: King Arthur deals a devastating overhead blow in Melee range that creates a slashing attack that travels forwards. Enemies hit in Melee range take 50% increased damage.
  • Combo: King Arthur swipes low, crippling and damaging enemies that are struck.
    • Slash Damage: 60/115/170/225/280 (+60% of your Physical Power)
    • Combo Damage: 60/120/180/240/300 (+60% of your Physical Power)
    • Cripple Duration: 1.25s
    • Energy Gain: 3
    • Cooldown: 14s
    • Cost: 35/40/45/50/55 Mana

BATTLE STOMP (UPPERCUT)

• Standard: King Arthur stomps on the ground with heavy force, causing enemies around him to take damage and become slowed.
  • Combo: King Arthur charges forward, stopping on first god hit. At the end of the charge King Arthur unleashes an uppercut, knocking up enemies into the air.
    • Stomp Damage: 40/65/90/115/140 (+40% of your Physical Power)
    • Slow: 20/25/30/35/40%
    • Slow Duration: 2.5s
    • Uppercut Damage: 50/95/140/185/230 (+40% of your Physical Power)
    • Energy Gain: 4
    • Cooldown: 14s
    • Cost: 40/45/50/55/60 Mana

TWIN CLEAVE (BLADESTORM)

• Standard: King Arthur unleashes two cleave attacks while charging forward. Enemies hit by a cleave take damage and have their protections reduced.
  • Combo: King Arthur swings Excalibur around him, charging forward and damaging enemies 5 times before winding up a final strike that deals more damage. King Arthur is immune to Knockup for the duration.
    • Cleave Damage: 35/60/85/110/135 (+30% of your Physical Power)
    • Protection Shred: 7%
    • Spin Damage: 10/30/50/70/90 (+15% of your Physical Power)
    • Final Damage: 30/80/130/180/230 (+15% of your Physical Power)
    • Energy Gain: 1
    • Cooldown: 16s
    • Cost: 40/45/50/55/60 Mana

SUNDERING STRIKE (EXCALIBUR’S WRATH)

• 35 Energy: King Arthur winds up a massive jab, charging forward slightly before striking. Enemies hit by this jab are stunned.
  • 80 Energy: King Arthur charges forward with Excalibur drawn. If King Arthur hits an enemy god, he launches them into the air and unleashes a barrage of 6 attacks, after which he launches them back to the ground dealing damage to the target and any enemy below.
    • Jab Damage: 100/160/220/280/340 (+65% of your Physical Power)
    • Stun Duration: 1s
    • Damage per Hit: 10/20/30/40/50 (+10% of your Physical Power and 1.5% of your Target’s Maximum Health)
    • Landing Damage: 60/135/210/285/360 (+50% of your Physical Power and 5/7/9/11/13% of your Target’s Maximum Health)
    • Cooldown: 20
    • Cost: 35 or 80 Energy

Misc

New Cosmetic Items
  • Pendragon Ward Skin
  • Pendragon Recall Skin
  • Cosmic Fountain FX
  • Cosmic Jump Stamp
  • Brimstone Announcer Pack
  • Draconic Loading Screen
Fantasy Points Store
  • New additions to the Fantasy Points Store
    • Amazon Athena
    • Irezumir Ymir
    • Wyrm Slayer Ullr
Awesome Chest
  • New additions to the Awesome Chest
    • Riptide Poseidon
    • Sunny Chibi Amaterasu
    • Shadow Claw Bastet
    • Warp Tech Janus
  • Administrator

Arthur is coming in this patch. Here are some spoilers! He plays like a Dark Souls/MHW Character with a greatsword! I'm in love already!

@Sakura Alexia @X_Dark_Paladin @Shizophrenia @Stubborn Saber @Lil' Snow-Bunny @Ace of Spies

Arthur is a symbol of destiny, royalty, and leadership. His legend has been reinterpreted many times in various cultures and artistic mediums. Although story has been told differently, a few things always stay true. He was destined to be king from a young age, and he triumphs over any challenges along the way. He creates an era of peace in the Kingdom of Camelot, uniting a war-torn country. He fights along with his chivalrous knights, leading by example instead of from a distance. He is the ultimate hero in a world filled with warfare, magic, and dragons.

OUR VISION

King Arthur is a strong and benevolent ruler. His mythology tells of his rise to meet his destiny by acquiring the sword, Excalibur, that has supernatural qualities. We chose to focus mainly on Excalibur and his “Warrior King” qualities for SMITE’s King Arthur. These themes will play a pivotal role in his artistic portrayal, his personality, and his ability kit.

When researching Arthur we chose a few different elements from multiple sources. No one author paints the complete picture of how we understand King Arthur. We wanted to clearly recognize his historical accomplishments, such as defeating the invading Saxons. We also wanted to include his Godlike qualities, such as Excalibur and the magical teachings of his wizard advisor, Merlin. These two sides will be fused together within the SMITE universe.

• Theme – Warrior King
  • Visuals – Regal, yet ready for a battle at any time
  • Personality – Kind, confident, passionate, skilled
  • Perspective – Looked up to, a role model

King Arthur’s legends will be seamlessly woven into SMITE’s lore. Hera is on her quest, her odyssey, to prove her leadership ability to the other Gods and to save the world from Ragnarok. To do that she must defeat Jormungandr, The World Serpent. She cannot defeat him without the help of Arthur and Merlin. Soon after Arthur’s launch we will be expanding on what happened to Arthur in between his ancient mythology and the current SMITE story timeline. Camelot was also affected by Ragnarok, and Arthur’s own kin, Mordred, sought to capitalize on the chaos to seize the throne. The SMITE story will reveal what happened and why Arthur and Merlin are the keys to stopping this catastrophe.

Arthur’s art style was heavily influenced by his legends and his proposed gameplay. We wanted to create an armor set that looked fit for the finest of kings. It needed to look intimidating and regal, but also practical. Arthur’s gameplay design requires a lot of animation and movement, so his visual concept was prepared to work well with that idea.

Early-Arthur.jpg

Arthur’s iterations weren’t as extreme as many other Gods early concepts are. We had a very strong core concept and we didn’t divert from that much. The main things we focused on were his armor and his sword.

A lot of the earlier armor concepts were too bulky to fit his combat goals. This animation heavy combat is always why we avoided too many extra accessories on him. Things like a cloak or a scabbard for Excalibur would be clunky and limit his range of motion. The final armor is large, yet sleek. The armor is fit for the the most legendary fantasy character of all time.  

Early-Excalibur.jpg

Arthur’s sword, Excalibur, was essentially treated as another character. His sword fighting is a huge part of his kit and presentation, so the blade had to be impressive. Through exploration, we found a great balance of metal and extravagance, with a touch of magic. The final Excalibur has a clear blade, and an impressively intricate hilt.It glows blue and then gold as Arthur powers up in combat and that magic can be seen radiating from it.

Final-Arthur.jpg

King Arthur’s Kit focuses on melee combos. He has a lot of abilities and low cooldowns and mana costs. Because of this design style he benefits greatly from a tanky warrior build that allows him to stay in the fight for longer periods of time so he can keep comboing. Items like Gladiator’s Shield are core on him for sustain.

Arthur’s attacks feel very different from the rest of the SMITE roster. Most SMITE Gods are able to rotate extremely quickly and move in any direction while firing their abilities. Arthur’s abilities have the movement and rotation driven by the animation. This creates a more action game feel. The God plays more like a Dark Souls or Monster Hunter character with a greatsword, and we were of course inspired by games like God of War, Devil May Cry, and Bayonetta as well.

His combo system was designed with a Smash Bros. or Soul Calibur style in mind. Which means: the God has a large set of single abilities that players will need to string together on their own to create combos. We specifically designed the God to not have long scripted combos specified by the designer. As a result, King Arthur will most likely have a high skill cap. The amount of choices and different ways to execute his kit will be more freeform than any other God in SMITE. The best Arthur players will need to change their loadout order in each situation, instead of trying to repeat the same order of abilities each time.

King Arthur’s unique gameplay features are:

• Animation driven kit to feel more like an action game character
  • A new stance switching system unlike any other God
    • His stance changes after each ability used
    • Each time King Arthur fires an ability, he will switch to a Combo Stance and gain access to 3 new abilities. After firing a Combo ability he will revert back to his Standard Stance.
  • A Passive Ability that includes a combo meter that he builds up through combat
    • This allows King Arthur to use two different ultimate abilities based on how much meter he has gained.
  • New types of basic attacks with movement built into them
  • All abilities are instant cast only
  • Low cooldowns and mana costs  

This combination of gameplay elements creates a new type of SMITE God. Arthur can use his abilities at a pace that no other God can, but he must react quickly and aim properly to make sure he is effective in combat. The character handles especially well with a controller, and the team is excited to see how the console player base feels about him.

King Arthur will be joining SMITE in update 5.24 as SMITE’s 99th God. Merlin, the Great Wizard will be joining soon after as the long awaited God number 100! We planned around God 100 to make sure the full set of Gods were exciting to the community. Arthur and Merlin would not have happened without Jormungandr, Horus and Set. We wanted something new and interesting for our big milestone, but we also wanted the most long awaited Gods from community discussions. These all come together to make Season 6 an awesome year for SMITE!

• Administrator

@Sakura Alexia @X_Dark_Paladin @Shizophrenia @Stubborn Saber @Lil' Snow-Bunny @Ace of Spies

So lead designer AJ talked a bit about Smite's future. Here are some key notes from the hour long stream >

Merlin was teased to be unlike any other stance switcher in the game. I don't think he'll be working in a similar way to Cern's 1 either.

A possible Thoth rework. Heavy shift. They are thinking about other reworks too. Think Freya. 

Athena's base default VP not being changed.

New Arthurian pantheon.

Warriors are coming back in a big way. More aggressive play style.

Not sure about duo queue for ranked conquest. They are thinking of bringing it back.

And here is a teaser for Jormungandr! He's so big they've decided just to show his head and neck only.

Because there's no way you can fit the entire serpent in. Most likely a GUARDIAN.

rdzoqrmpav421.png?width=640&crop=smart&a

Also they teased a new gold fury. Oni-Fury. There will be different forms rotating throughout the match. Possibly 2 - a Mayan and a Japanese one (shown below)

cxbmc29kcv421.png?width=960&crop=smart&a

• 4 months later...

@Jon Snow @Sakura Alexia @Flowered Panda @X_Dark_Paladin @Syndicate @TJMike

Simply put, these are contracts like you would find in other RPG style games; anyone can post their own contracts and anyone who plays Smite on the forum can accept them. Multiple people can even accept the same contract and then it will be a race to the reward at the end of the contract.

Make sure you quote the contract if you are accepting one, then after completion post a screenshot of your evidence at the contractor on this thread to claim your reward.

Rewards are set by the contractor for each particular contract, examples being;

• You can select the god, build and role I use for the next 3 games -Game mode= Conquest.
  • A video of my Smite fail highlights.
  • A short Smite one shot (500+ words)

These are only examples and, as a contractor, it is up to you to put up a fair reward for a contract. Otherwise no one will take it, and that'd be sad. The only rule here is do not set the reward as money, or other in game currency. That would make things messy.

Also, if someone has completed one of your contracts and hasn't received their reward you cannot post any new contracts. 

So, the layout of how this should work is:

1. Contractor posts contracts.
  2. Contractee quotes and accepts contract. Asks questions as needed?
  3. Contractee completes or drops the contract.
  4. Contractee posts screenshot of completed contract.
  5. Contractor gives the contractee their reward. (Video, screenshot, e.c.t)

If some of this needs further explanation, quote that section and ask me what you want to know.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stubborn's contracts 1:

• Win a game with the best god in the game, full damage Ganesha. Any game mode. 
  • Evidence= A screenshot of the game from smiteguru displaying your build.
  • Reward= Select the god, build and role I use for the next game. Video, 15 minute minimum -Game mode= Conquest. 
  • Completed by AquilaTempestas.

• Complete a 20 minute conquest game without dying once. 
  • Evidence= A screenshot of the game from smiteguru displaying your K/D/A.
  • Reward= Select the god, build and role I use for the next 3 games. Video highlights, 15 minute minimum-Game mode= Conquest.

• Complete a custom duel against me; party chat on, full damage builds, blind picks, 4 bans, max starting gold and start at level 3.
  • Evidence= ....................................... I'll be there, that's all the evidence I need.
  • Reward= A video of my recent Smite fails.
  • Administrator

@Sakura Alexia @Flowered Panda @X_Dark_Paladin @Syndicate @TJMike @VectorLogic

All right. I have a few

Pick Osiris. Play him in clash. You must have at least 3 kills (that's pretty high for Osiris). I need proof via SmiteGuru.

Reward = I fly over... Ha ha. I kid, I kid. You get a free random voice pack. 

Win a game of siege as Vamana or Support Thor (you may not build any offensive items except for boots). I want a recording of this one.

Reward = You get 5 free random emotes

Play and win a game of conquest. You have to play as Kali or Mercury in the jungle. Make a screenshot collage of at least five pictures of your kills and assists

Reward - Free random tier 2 skin

Completed by Stubborn.

@Stubborn Saber I'm interested in the Ganesha one.  What sort of proof do you need?

Just now, Jon Snow said:

And what is your build again? Pen boots, void stone and what else?

The build is whatever you want to build, so long as the item has magical damage it counts for me.

As for what I like to build for full damage Ganesha:

• Magi's blessing (If ya start with a blessing) - If not start on Bancroft talon.
  • Power or Mana boots
  • Bancroft's talon
  • Gem of isolation
  • Soul Reaver 
  • Chronos' Pendant
  • (Sell blessing) Spear of desolation or Rod of Tahuti or Doom Orb.

Relics:

• Blink
  • Beads, Aegis, Horrific Emblem
  • 1 month later...
On 5/8/2019 at 5:50 AM, AquilaTempestas said:

Play and win a game of conquest. You have to play as Kali or Mercury in the jungle. Make a screenshot collage of at least five pictures of your kills and assists

I already have all the emotes and voice packs, so I'ma looking at this contract. 

When ya say screenshot collage, can they be screenshots of the scoreboard back at base after the kills/assists have happened? Taking them were the actions happening will leave ya frozen and probably end with repeated death.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Stubborn Saber said:

I already have all the emotes and voice packs, so I'ma looking at this contract. 

When ya say screenshot collage, can they be screenshots of the scoreboard back at base after the kills/assists have happened? Taking them were the actions happening will leave ya frozen and probably end with repeated death.

Yeah just anything will do. Anything you think is awesome.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Stubborn Saber said:

Sweet, then I accept this contract:

Awesome. Then I shall play damage Ganesha in arena! Are you gonna be on tomorrow? (my Wednesday morning?)

6 minutes ago, AquilaTempestas said:

@Stubborn Saber The Ganesha game. I hope you're proud haha.

https://smite.guru/match/941655699

Hahaha, it is glorious to look at and was hilarious to watch three enemy squishy's hp just get wiped from existence. Yep, the contracts been cleared nicely and the reward was:

Reward= Select the god, build and role I use for the next game. Video, 15 minute minimum -Game mode= Conquest. 

When you've made your choice PM it to me and tell me if you want me to record the game solo or in a squad game.

• Administrator

And @Stubborn Saber has been rewarded with a Tier 2 chest roll from me from completing the Kali conquest match.

@VectorLogic I'm keen to try it out. I'll see what I can do.

My new contracts:

• The game mode is conquest
  • You must play Kuzenbo in the ADC role and I will play your support (and you get to choose whom I should support with)
  • Final build must be Spear of Desolation > Chronos Pendant > Void Stone > Rod of Tahuti >  Mantle of Discord > Soul Reaver
    • Reward > You decide who I play in the ADC role, but it can't be a hunter
  • You must play Ares, Khepri, Khumba, Athena or Sylvanus in the SOLO role
  • You have flexibility in your build, but you must include Void Stone, Mantle of Discord and Rangda's Mask in your build.
    • Reward > Taking a page out of Stubborn's book, you get to choose who I play, what role I play and my build.

Stubborn's contracts 2:

• In one game as Khepri get 3 kills (kill secured) . Any game mode.
  • Reward= A pro jungle Khepri video! 15 minute minimum.

• Win a game of conquest using random god builder https://www.ethereal.network/smite-randomizer/  (No boxes ticked, you can buy any starter item and relics.)
  • Evidence= Record a 15 minute match (minimum) in a party with me.
  • Reward= Select the god, build and role I use for the next 2 conquest games. Both to be recorded. 

• Win a conquest game as full damage Jungle Athena. Rangda's Mask must be either your third or forth item.
  • Reward= A video of my smite fails.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On 6/14/2019 at 4:37 AM, AquilaTempestas said:
  • You have flexibility in your build, but you must include Void Stone, Mantle of Discord and Rangda's Mask in your build.
    • Reward > Taking a page out of Stubborn's book, you get to choose who I play, what role I play and my build.

Been looking for an excuse to test shtuff with Athena, I'll accept this contract, but what evidence is required?

• Administrator
7 hours ago, Stubborn Saber said:

Stubborn's contracts 2:

• In one game as Khepri get 3 kills (kill secured) . Any game mode.
  • Reward= A pro jungle Khepri video! 15 minute minimum.

• Win a game of conquest using random god builder https://www.ethereal.network/smite-randomizer/  (No boxes ticked, you can buy any starter item and relics.)
  • Evidence= Record a 15 minute match (minimum) in a party with me.
  • Reward= Select the god, build and role I use for the next 2 conquest games. Both to be recorded. 

• Win a conquest game as full damage Jungle Athena. Rangda's Mask must be either your third or forth item.
  • Reward= A video of my smite fails.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Been looking for an excuse to test shtuff with Athena, I'll accept this contract, but what evidence is required?

Oh true. 

Just have to be in a game with me. That's evidence enough.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/14/2019 at 4:37 AM, AquilaTempestas said:

And @Stubborn Saber has been rewarded with a Tier 2 chest roll from me from completing the Kali conquest match.

@VectorLogic I'm keen to try it out. I'll see what I can do.

My new contracts:

• You must play Kuzenbo in the ADC role and I will play your support (and you get to choose whom I should support with)
  • Final build must be Spear of Desolation > Chronos Pendant > Void Stone > Rod of Tahuti >  Mantle of Discord > Soul Reaver
    • Reward > You decide who I play in the ADC role, but it can't be a hunter

I'm interested in the Kuzenbo one 

• 3 months later...
  • Administrator

Making new contracts since we haven't touched this in a long time.

Contract One - You have to play as Thor in the solo lane and the game must be recorded. This can be done in a party or alone.

REWARD - You get to choose my god and my build as a jungler.

Contract Two - You must play a guardian in the jungle. This game should be recorded in a party.

REWARD - You make me play ranked duel. You pick the god.

Contract Three - Play a game of ranked duel as Tyr.

REWARD - I serenade you with a song. No I kid. I'll draw you (with my super sub-par artistic skills) a horrible picture of your choosing.