Jump to content

Pokémon Cards


Hikari

Recommended Posts

  • Community Leader

I had received some of the older Pokémon Cards, like the oldest series I think?

I did get some of the way older Japanese Pocket Monsters ones, even a super cool Team Rocket Moltres (drawn by Ken Sugimori!). Also have an adorable Vulpix!

IMG_1352.jpg

I have several Eevee cards, and two Flareons. Also, the special Ancient Mew card that isn't really good at all...

Link to comment

Memories! :'D..........i played with these cards with my sister and my cousin when i was like 8 or 9 years old, when pokemon and digimon were being aired in my country. Later on, Duel masters cards came in market and oh boy.....things kind of escalated XD there were trade-offs and bargaining. The cards were sold in these shiny packages that would glimmer under the sun. I would even collect those packages :P

But then we grew up and i lost them *wails  T_T   

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Sleepy Nomad said:

Memories! :'D..........i played with these cards with my sister and my cousin when i was like 8 or 9 years old, when pokemon and digimon were being aired in my country. Later on, Duel masters cards came in market and oh boy.....things kind of escalated XD there were trade-offs and bargaining. The cards were sold in these shiny packages that would glimmer under the sun. I would even collect those packages :P

But then we grew up and i lost them *wails  T_T   

You and I share that same experience and nostalgia for Pokemon and Duel Masters cards. I remember buying a box of these Pokemon cards, and in them there were also coins, having a Pokemon at the front and a pokeball at the back. Though I never had anyone to okay with, I would look at these as my prized possessions and would admire them like an amateur collector *_* 

Link to comment

I own both the Pokémon trading card games for Game Boy, if that counts. I've beaten the first one several times, but I've yet to beat the second one (I will say it's an improvement over the original). I also have yet to collect every card in either game.

 

In terms of the actual real-life cards, I used to own some basic ones when I was younger. They weren't very good, but I had enough to make a deck. The only time I ever played against someone was my cousin, who had one of the largest Pokémon card collections I've ever seen. He beat me easily, but it was fun.

Link to comment
  • 1 month later...

In a spur of the moment thing I purchased about 5 packs out of nostalgia, I was surprised to see all the new cards and some of original actually in the old style still. I am tempted to start a search for my old Shiny Charizard which got burnt when I was small :( .

These are the good pulls I got... I think.

* = Shiny

Sylveon EX* ,Meloetta *,Froslass*, Mega Blastoise Ex*, Hitmonlee.

 

Link to comment
  • Community Leader
4 minutes ago, Lightningblade49 said:

In a spur of the moment thing I purchased about 5 packs out of nostalgia, I was surprised to see all the new cards and some of original actually in the old style still. I am tempted to start a search for my old Shiny Charizard which got burnt when I was small :( .

These are the good pulls I got... I think.

* = Shiny

Sylveon EX* ,Meloetta *,Froslass*, Mega Blastoise Ex*, Hitmonlee.

 

Yeah, they still have some of the older ones. 

Woah, those are good. :o I have the worst luck when it comes to Pokémon Cards, lol.

Link to comment
Just now, Hikari said:

Yeah, they still have some of the older ones. 

Woah, those are good. :o I have the worst luck when it comes to Pokémon Cards, lol.

Lol I got lucky I think, still got some of my old cards including the shinny's somewhere. Had all the starter shinny's but Charizard got burnt, Blastoise wet the ripped and Venasaur is lone survivor somewhere in my room :) .

Id have look through my cards to see what old rare's I have.

Link to comment
Just now, Hikari said:

Seems ironic. The Fire type was burnt, the water type was wet and ripped, and the grass type I would inflame surives the easiest, as they can easily live off the natural resources. Or are you just messing with me? ;)

The only really rare one would be Xerneas for me. And a really cool Gardevoir EX.

The irony is not missed on me, I got it for such a good trade too as a kid, trick a guy to trade it for a machole & diglett. :D

 

Link to comment
  • 5 years later...
  • Community Leader

Did anyone ever actually battle with Pokémon cards, or did you all just like to collect them instead?

For me, I more just collected them at first, because my dad gave me and my sibling some of his old Pokémon cards. Eventually, we figured out how to battle with them, though unfortunately I’ve never won a game lol. 

 

Link to comment
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...