How do you deal with Hatred?

MasKaiHilFantic

This thought just came in after I had performed prayer, as I supplicated, a thought struck me: most of our depression is caused because of the hatred or the hate or the adversary we have to deal with. So this is what came to my mind, how do you deal with hate, how do you deal with adversaries? Do you fight fire with fire? Ignore them? Tell us your own methods and ways to deal with hate?

When it comes to me, I like to be nice to everyone I meet, and by the Grace of Allah, almost everyone I meet treats me nicely, almost. Unfortunately, nice behavior is not everyone's cup of tea, and in fact, some people have the nerve to mock me, make fun of me and even have the nerve to abuse me verbally because I am nice to them. So how do i deal with this harted? Simple, I choose to smile and let it be, as silly as it sounds, I am now at the stage of my life, where I have had enough of barking back at my hate, I have had enough depression because of hate. Now, I simply think the haters (people jealous of me, who like to tease me etc) as barking dogs, and just smile at myself, and pass by. A smirk if I feel a bit naughty ;) So in a nutshell, I ignore hate, smile and pass on by.

So what type of hate do you deal with? And how do you deal with it?

Edited by MasKaiHilFantic
Forgot a bit of something, sorry ^^
2 hours ago, TJMike said:

Oh, that's an easy one.. I just don't give a damn about haters :)

Then again, I'm not sure if I even have any haters... *Haters Radar on*

haters gonna hate hate hate hate hate

Well here's how I deal with haters, I tell myself that I am not the hero they want, but I am the hero they need. Also honestly, instead of hating they could have been getting down to "this sick beat."

• Board Moderator

Hatred? Oh I have plenty of, I just had enough of people treating me like a mat despite me being kind with them, and believe me it happened plenty of times. I usually hate and I'm hated at the same time, why? Because I say the truth in the people's faces that's why. I'm not someone who when there's someone I don't like around that pretends to smile and be friendly, I don't like you and I won't hide it to please you, because you count absolutely nothing for me.

You see I wasn't like this before, but when people get hurt people change, and I'm tired of that, I'm tired to be the nice person of the situation and then taking it up the ass at the first occasion you get to do that to me.

I'm tired to be treated differently because I'm not the same as everybody else, I'm tired of offering my shoulders for someone to cry on when in the end that person will only stab you in the back when you need it the most.

I didn't use to hate, I learned how to, I wasn't like this, I became like this because of someone else and you know what? I'm glad, it was a lesson that will be useful to me forever.

Show me you can be trusted and I'll open up to you, be a complete asshole and I won't give a damn and ignore you for the rest of your life.

• 2 weeks later...

Venting wise I tend to go on a walk, bike ride or steady joke to try and calm myself down, but on occasion I have hit things, sometimes even the person that pissed me off. Chances are if ya got me to that point you damn well deserved it, I wouldn't consider myself a violent guy, but sometimes it's the only way to get the message across. Then again I prefer to remain calm and composed with people because I feel like shite after an aggressive outburst.

If I genuinely hate someone I completely ignore them, they mean nothing to me and their suffering amuses me, if they were getting butchered I'd stand back, watch and probably even crack a smile, that's just as dark as I can be at times. I never did get the saying "I'd never wish that on my worst enemy", I'd wish that and more.

On 11/16/2016 at 2:40 AM, Stubborn Saber said:

Venting wise I tend to go on a walk, bike ride or steady joke to try and calm myself down, but on occasion I have hit things, sometimes even the person that pissed me off. Chances are if ya got me to that point you damn well deserved it, I wouldn't consider myself a violent guy, but sometimes it's the only way to get the message across. Then again I prefer to remain calm and composed with people because I feel like shite after an aggressive outburst.

If I genuinely hate someone I completely ignore them, they mean nothing to me and their suffering amuses me, if they were getting butchered I'd stand back, watch and probably even crack a smile, that's just as dark as I can be at times. I never did get the saying "I'd never wish that on my worst enemy", I'd wish that and more.

Kinda sounds like me. 

• 4 years later...
  • Administrator

I write about it. Heh. That's how I deal with conflict/and negative emotion. I write about it whilst listening to angry/venting music.

I'm not one for confrontation - it's too exhausting and it puts me in an even shittier mood. I've snapped at people in the past before.

Have I hit anyone? Yes. Dude was trying to cop a feel so he got what he deserved, that prick. But aside from that one incident, no. I'm not big on violence. There's enough violence in the world already - and it should only be used as a last resort if you feel you are getting violated.

If I really hate someone, I act like they no longer exist. Cut them out of my life. This is pretty rare though and only done in extreme circumstances when I feel abandoning them is the best option.