I noticed that Boruto has adopted by the looks, both Chidori and Rasengan under his tutelage of Naruto and Sasuke. Plus the Kage Bunshin.

Now that we've seen a more detailed trailer and limited video of him in Gaiden, he seems a more likeable character overall. Still looks like a dork and stuck up but I think he seems more believable and more interesting overall. My only issue, Sarada now has only monster strength and sharingan...how does she stack up to Boruto since this movie is all about him surpassing his own father (I don't know how since he only seems 12) and his father and teacher are pretty much God-level humans? OP much?

Should be interesting.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Board Moderator

Apparently there's going to be a sequel to the original Naruto series, starring the new generation of Ninja's.

Im not looking forward to it. I liked the old series and I have a hard time believing the new series will be anything good. It has to have enough of the old stuff and some new stuff... but we've seen the old stuff already and the new stuff cant possibly be better than the old stuff.

Seriously. Wtf.

• 2 weeks later...

Im not looking forward to it. I liked the old series and I have a hard time believing the new series will be anything good. It has to have enough of the old stuff and some new stuff... but we've seen the old stuff already and the new stuff cant possibly be better than the old stuff.

Seriously. Wtf.

but milking the cow is important Ace ;-;

I agree, I doubt it will reach the same heights.

if it's even as good as Shippudden (minus pein arc because that shit was on another level lol) I'll enjoy it, Naruto was IMO waaaaaaay better than Shippudden. But we'll see, it's a monthly manga so it might be decent.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Really don't know what to make of the first Naruto chapter, cant say I like it if I am being honest. I admit Boruto does look quite beastly and is drawn quite well. But a few thing that really made me raise my eyebrow in disbelief in the chapter kind of ruined it for me. That it kind of shit on one of Naruto's dreams kind of half ruined the original Naruto.

Id really let loose but I don't want to spoil for others who haven't read it yet.

Edited by Lightningblade49
  • 4 months later...
On 9/26/2016 at 8:03 AM, EricLightscythe said:

Well, there's always a first time :) Go ahead and look at the approvals section in the RP subforum. Try it out ;)

I'll check it out! Thanks! It seems a little daunting and I'm not sure how much free time I'll have. I don't think I'll press people to respond either. We'll see how my job-search continues lol

On 9/26/2016 at 8:15 AM, Lightningblade49 said:

Plus I am 100% certain this would be better then all the Boruto Bullshit.

Yeah it's probably going to be canon-divergence or an AU where the Fourth Shinobi war goes all wrong. So no post-canon kids. I have a couple of left-over ideas from fanfiction that could be tweaked or worked around. This one stood out to me. It has a lot of variety I think? 

"It's the end of the world. Madara, manipulated by Black Zetsu and believed to be a dangerous pawn, is stalled by the four Kages. But Black Zetsu miscalculates. But instead of Madara, a very deranged Kabuto becomes the ten-tails jinchuuriki. Naruto, Sasuke, Sakura and Kakashi try to stop him and are joined by a very reluctant, weakened Obito."

This is just backstory fodder. Ugh, I'll have to rebrush my canon knowledge before officially posting this. 

"Unfortunately, Kabuto's mind is a mess. Fueled by the senjutsu chakra and Orochimaru's curse seal and the ten-tails jinchuuriki, he's cracking. He's unstable. Naruto's rasenshuriken meets him at the worst moment. The world twists and swirls and reality bends. The result is a disaster. The last thing they all see is white, blinding white light. 

And when they wake up, the world is not what it seems." 

From here, you just uh, pick a character and write from their pov, characterize however you want but just uh...I guess your character actions affect other people? Anyways you can go many ways from here: 

• Time-travel
  • Dimension-swap (a different world). 
  • It's Kabuto's messed up new world, they are trapped. He recreated the world.
  • The world is an illusion (genjutsu).
  • Modern AU with a hint of canon. In which, they retain their memories but they don't have chakra
  • We can just wing it lol
6 hours ago, EricLightscythe said:

Holy crap good luck with that!

I like the idea, it seems quite good to me! If we rope in more people, then GM will happen less frequently, which means less stress on the GM (you) to update frequently. 

Thanks! 

And yeah, I think I'll probably take on the villain character (because the villain usually plays the main role in directing the story path, challenges), but if someone else wants that (its a fun role), I'm more than happy to step down and pick up another character.