Random thought of the day

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Applying for a volunteer project to help children in Cape Town

I love you so very much even if you drive me completely insane. 

Just had an elderly, not quite all there upstairs, northern Irish man turn up at my door to inform me my in laws house was being broken into.   This would be by their own son. Using his key. And

Posted Images

On 3/2/2021 at 4:04 AM, AquilaTempestas said:

Who the hell would do that?? Who is trying to hack you?

Some turdball on the internet. But I did a bit more digging and it's a type of scam. It's a scam where they say they they know your password and mentions it in the email. It's usually retrieved from data breaches. The one I got said that he knows I browse adult sites and he said he "hacks" my "webcam" to remote control my "device". If I don't send him Bitcoin, he will send my "videos" to 16 friends on FB, Messenger, IG. I told a friend about and I'm like, well, if those "videos" do leak out, they will never get those precious seconds back, hahaha. 

Joke's on him. I fortified ALL of my accounts so no one can get in or out.

In other news, I found unauthorized access in one of my Gmail accounts so I set up a remote control where if their device comes online again, my data stored on their phone will be wiped out.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/4/2021 at 8:36 PM, AquilaTempestas said:

I found a genre descriptor that fits my work nicely! Grimdark!

Dark, broken characters, amoral and violent.

Yes.

Congrats, and a little jealous! I am unable to find a genre or single trope that fits mine!

was working on my project 2021 story and I am now faced with a dilemma with one of my characters. One of them was set to be one of the main characters alongside another on a journey. Of the two, she was to be in the more stable one of the two in terms of what a previous journey has done to her, working through at least some of her problems. When I started writing down her negative traits, I realized she had just as many problems as the main character, and a lot of them were actually worse (E.g. grudges, a lot of running away from problems, being clingy and jealous). I also realized that having her there took away attention and development from the other main character. There was a part where she could get herself in trouble by angering an authority figure and accusing said authority figure of discrimination and other things when there was nothing there (in actuality, The other main character is a skilled fighter, and authority figures were just adapting things to challenge her because battles had been easy during a previous journey when no one knew about her skill).

This what caused her to become forcefully separated from the group as a punishment (since her clinginess is to the other main character). A few other characters would also leave to watch over and train her in things like battle skills. The other character would still pop up from time to time, but a lot of her development would probably take place offscreen or in a separate story. The journeying party would just focus on the original main character and two other ones.

But I’m not sure if I want to do that because I still want to develop the other main character somehow and having her leave makes that a little bit harder. Additionally, the story was originally set up for her and the other five people to be traveling companions and for her to play a role. The majority of the story is notes instead of things that are posted, so I can still change around a lot of major details. But I’m still not sure what to do.  

• Administrator
1 minute ago, onewiththewheels said:

Congrats, and a little jealous! I am unable to find a genre or single trope that fits mine!

was working on my project 2021 story and I am now faced with a dilemma with one of my characters. One of them was set to be one of the main characters alongside another on a journey. Of the two, she was to be in the more stable one of the two in terms of what a previous journey has done to her, working through at least some of her problems. When I started writing down her negative traits, I realized she had just as many problems as the main character, and a lot of them were actually worse (E.g. grudges, a lot of running away from problems, being clingy and jealous). I also realized that having her there took away attention and development from the other main character. There was a part where she could get herself in trouble by angering an authority figure and accusing said authority figure of discrimination and other things when there was nothing there (in actuality, The other main character is a skilled fighter, and authority figures were just adapting things to challenge her because battles had been easy during a previous journey when no one knew about her skill).

This what caused her to become forcefully separated from the group as a punishment (since her clinginess is to the other main character). A few other characters would also leave to watch over and train her in things like battle skills. The other character would still pop up from time to time, but a lot of her development would probably take place offscreen or in a separate story. The journeying party would just focus on the original main character and two other ones.

But I’m not sure if I want to do that because I still want to develop the other main character somehow and having her leave makes that a little bit harder. Additionally, the story was originally set up for her and the other five people to be traveling companions and for her to play a role. The majority of the story is notes instead of things that are posted, so I can still change around a lot of major details. But I’m still not sure what to do.  

I only discovered the term when a reader pointed it out to me. I was like 'oh there is a word for it after all!' I always considered it as dark fantasy but now I know there is an official term for it.

I think you should go with what you think works best for your story and future character dewvelopment.

On 4/10/2021 at 9:46 PM, AquilaTempestas said:

One more week of university then practical block for six weeks.

Time flies by so fast.

Practical block for what?

speaking of University, I’m trying to figure out what I want to do for my second degree and I realize I have more options than I thought. I originally got in with an advertising major and a digital marketing minor, but realized I wasn’t that into digital marketing. Instead I was more interested in public relations, so I switched my minor to that. 

but after Talking to my advisor about something unrelated, she mentioned that because I already have a previous degree, I am not required to do a minor like most people in the communications programs are (since the majority of degrees are less than 60 credits and thus need something else).

As a result, the amount of credits I have to do for a second degree drops by half if I drop or convert one of the ones I currently have. I can either drop my PR minor to just do advertising or turn my PR minor into a major. Furthermore, all of the classes I’m currently said to take count for both of them, so I’m not losing anything by converting. I’m currently starting with taking some advertising courses, then doing more with PR in the fall.

I am leading a bit towards making my PR minor a major because I found out the advertising courses are designed for someone that does not have previous training in writing. Since I already have a background and extensive training in writing, I might not need as many classes and I might find them boring/unnecessary. According to my advisor there are cases where people who already have writing degrees and training in writing into advertising, but it’s pretty rare. In contrast, I found out I have many of the skills and personality traits to do well in PR, but I don’t have any training or as much information about it. So it may be the better option so things don’t overlap.

it’s interesting and it’s cool I have all these choices. On the other hand it’s hard to know which one is the best, and I’m probably not going to make a choice until after I do some advertising courses this summer and decide how I feel. The craziest thing was that I just Learned about PR and the PR minor on Friday, changed my minor on Sunday, and found that I didn’t even need a minor on yesterday. Pretty crazy the amount of information flying at me at once...

• 3 weeks later...