• Administrator

Delain started off as a project band created by Robert Westerholt's brother, Martijn, after he left Within Temptation due to medical issues.

But then Charlotte joined, and Delain became an actual band. Delain kept improving with each album until 2021, when everyone but Martijn left.

Delain is a still functioning band today, but Martijn wants to go back to the project format. 

So - what are your thoughts? What do you think of the whole saga? Which albums did you like most, and where do you hope they go next?

Information regarding Charlotte's solo stuff and Martijn's Eye of Melian can also be discussed here.

@Serena @BONK @sumerian @Nirianne @TJMike @Jarjarisdaone

(don't forget about the Within Temptation threads folks)

• Administrator
On 1/16/2022 at 4:56 AM, Serena said:

Hands Of Gold

The Tragedy Of The Commons

Army Of Dolls

No Compilance

Frozen

April Rain

See Me In Shadow

From Charlotte's I love

Masterpiece

Oh I like all those songs too (save for Army of Dolls). I'll replace it with Lullaby.

Charlotte's solo stuff is okay. Some of the more pop/electro ones I'm not too keen on, but her rock songs are great. I live The Phantom Touch, Human to Ruin, and A Million Lives.

• Administrator
8 hours ago, Jarjarisdaone said:

I really love the entire apocalypse and chill album. it was my most listened album of 2021.

Yes that was a great album, and I was super impressed. I'm very sad we won't get another Delain album with Charlotte : (

The album was a good blend of all their previous stuff. What track really stood out to you?

5 hours ago, AquilaTempestas said:

Yes that was a great album, and I was super impressed. I'm very sad we won't get another Delain album with Charlotte : (

The album was a good blend of all their previous stuff. What track really stood out to you?

From Apocalypse & Chill? Vengeance