Six Sentence Saturdays - Master List

19 hours ago, Tsukuyomi said:

I almost posted my six sentences thinking its Saturday :/

We look forward to seeing it next Saturday then.

19 hours ago, Tsukuyomi said:

What fandom is this? Sounds good.

It was for Darkened-Storm's Digimon piece. I was attempting to talk about the piece without being overly familiar with fandom. So instead I focused on the story instead. 

• Administrator

Fandom - Assassin's Creed

-

The Rooks withdrew their knives and advanced towards him, their expressions vacant. 

Tiny raised his knife and pointed it at Jacob. “You became lost somewhere along the way!”

Jacob pulled out the gun and shook wildly in the air. “No! It’s you who is lost!"

-

Blegh. Missing out on the rest of the paragraph but six sentences.

A section from ch 15.

---

Without saying anything, Examon raised his tail in a manner that said he was going to strike with it and the MegaloGrowmon flinched a bit. Odd behaviour… His tail snaked forward like lightning after his brief thought and pierced Megalo Growmon’s chest armour. Holding him up with the end of his tail, he proceeded to smack him into the walls and ground a few times.

• Community Leader

“You didn’t have to come with me. To camp I mean - if you hadn’t stayed home, you wouldn’t have landed up stuck here along with me.” 
Brown eyes stared resolutely back at her, confirming what she already knew; staying behind had never been an option for Becky. No matter how angry they were at one another, they didn’t leave each other behind. It made Steph feel all the guiltier for dragging them into this mess. 
“I’m going to find a way for us to get home,” she said, her tone resolute. “And until I do, I’m going to keep you safe, no matter what it takes.”

12 hours ago, AquilaTempestas said:

Fandom - Assassin's Creed

-

The Rooks withdrew their knives and advanced towards him, their expressions vacant. 

Tiny raised his knife and pointed it at Jacob. “You became lost somewhere along the way!”

Jacob pulled out the gun and shook wildly in the air. “No! It’s you who is lost!"

-

Blegh. Missing out on the rest of the paragraph but six sentences.

Okay.  So why these six sentences? What part of the fic are we looking at?

6 hours ago, Wizarmonfan said:

A section from ch 15.

---

Without saying anything, Examon raised his tail in a manner that said he was going to strike with it and the MegaloGrowmon flinched a bit. Odd behaviour… His tail snaked forward like lightning after his brief thought and pierced Megalo Growmon’s chest armour. Holding him up with the end of his tail, he proceeded to smack him into the walls and ground a few times.

Why would raising his tail be an odd behavior for a this Digimon.  I looked up Examon and it said that Ambrose strike was done with its tail.  Does this Digimon not behave like its kind?  What about theses sentences made you want to post them? 

4 hours ago, darkened-storm said:

“You didn’t have to come with me. To camp I mean - if you hadn’t stayed home, you wouldn’t have landed up stuck here along with me.” 
Brown eyes stared resolutely back at her, confirming what she already knew; staying behind had never been an option for Becky. No matter how angry they were at one another, they didn’t leave each other behind. It made Steph feel all the guiltier for dragging them into this mess. 
“I’m going to find a way for us to get home,” she said, her tone resolute. “And until I do, I’m going to keep you safe, no matter what it takes.”

Where are we in the fic? What do you want me as the reader to take away from these sentences? Is Becky's loyalty going to impact Step other than making her feel guilty?

• Administrator
1 hour ago, RykerDavis said:

Okay.  So why these six sentences? What part of the fic are we looking at?

The final chapter. The big resolution. I chose these ones because it seemed like a good idea.

Oh. Also, if you want to give more detailed feedback, check out the individual threads! (Same location as this thread).

47 minutes ago, AquilaTempestas said:

Oh. Also, if you want to give more detailed feedback, check out the individual threads! (Same location as this thread).

Oh sorry. I was just trying to interact with the posts. Knowing that sometimes sharing bites are easier than chunks. I am assuming that we are supposed to just react to the six sentences and comment on the three hundred? 

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, RykerDavis said:

Oh sorry. I was just trying to interact with the posts. Knowing that sometimes sharing bites are easier than chunks. I am assuming that we are supposed to just react to the six sentences and comment on the three hundred? 

You can still drop feedback here if you want as it's nice and a great way to get a differe t perspective  ^_^ But some members like to share bigger chunks in individual threads.

Just squeezing in before the end of Saturday my time.

This snippet involves the teens in Ireland, having a tour of Kilmainham Gaol. The whole of it isn't exactly wowing him.

----
Ian frowned as their tour guide with too many vowels entered a tall, narrow tower. He followed her inside and wrinkled his nose, breathing in the musty, damp air. It was weird to think of people existing in this place so many years ago—not living, people didn’t live in prisons, not really. It was a moment out of time, suspended in a fugue, until they were released out into a brand new world that had left them behind.

He grimaced. It was sort of like boarding school.

Why would raising his tail be an odd behavior for a this Digimon.  I looked up Examon and it said that Ambrose strike was done with its tail.  Does this Digimon not behave like its kind?  What about theses sentences made you want to post them?

It's not Examon raising his tail that's odd. He was thinking it was odd behaviour from the MegaloGrowmon to flinch from an incoming attack.

I wanted to give a preview into what was coming.

Everyone joked about the coming apocalypse, rolling their eyes when the believers started talking about it. Hell, maybe we should have listened … even the CDC was making noises about it. But most people said, yeah right and went on with what they were doing. After all everyone knows that zombies are just Hollywood’s go to bad guys.
The good news was the supernatural council worked with humans without their knowledge of course they cured the disease that caused people to turn into undead cannibals. Now we just had to get rid of the buggers.
Sometimes when I pass an abandoned McDonald's I think about the amount of fast food my children and used to eat and realize that today I am fast food. And there is only one thing on the menu -People burgers served rare.
  • Community Leader
36 minutes ago, RykerDavis said:
Everyone joked about the coming apocalypse, rolling their eyes when the believers started talking about it. Hell, maybe we should have listened … even the CDC was making noises about it. But most people said, yeah right and went on with what they were doing. After all everyone knows that zombies are just Hollywood’s go to bad guys.
The good news was the supernatural council worked with humans without their knowledge of course they cured the disease that caused people to turn into undead cannibals. Now we just had to get rid of the buggers.
Sometimes when I pass an abandoned McDonald's I think about the amount of fast food my children and used to eat and realize that today I am fast food. And there is only one thing on the menu -People burgers served rare.

That last line was absolutely AMAZING, nothing could top it, honestly. Anyways, I’m very interested in the setting of this fic! Zombie apocalypse? Supernatural interference? YES. Also, the realism of people just ignoring that there are zombies is awesome lol

——————

Anyways, here’s a clip from a Detective Conan x Kingdom Hearts fic that I’m working on. However, the first chapter of this fic, where this excerpt was taken from, is purely Detective Conan. This is one of the beginning sections: 

——————

But both he and Haibara knew that there was no way she could improve the formula to help his pain, not if they still wanted the antidote to actually work. 

So, as always, he powered through it, silently praying that the suffering would stop soon so that he could finally get relief and get on with his life. 

(As silent as those prayers were, his screams were not.

…He was just glad that the walls were thick enough to muffle their voracity, though he could not avoid Haibara’s pained glance at his state afterwards.) 

With that, you couldn’t really blame him for feeling so miserable after it was all over. The whole way over to the station, Shinichi did his best to get used to his old muscles, moving them around in an attempt to distract from the soreness that refused to leave his bones.

16 hours ago, Hikari said:

As silent as those prayers were, his screams were not.

This. Sentence. Such a simple powerful sentence, I absolutely love it. 

Here's a section of song lyrics I've been working on. The song is about the human urge to explore and find what is beyond. The first part is a pre chorus, and the second part is the chorus.

Countless stars with countless worlds to explore.

We will always search for more.

Looking beyond the pale blue dot,

Our quest has begun.

Traveling over land.

Sailing over seas.

Humanities endless curiosity,

Aimed towards the stars.

• Administrator
7 hours ago, Jarjarisdaone said:

This. Sentence. Such a simple powerful sentence, I absolutely love it. 

Here's a section of song lyrics I've been working on. The song is about the human urge to explore and find what is beyond. The first part is a pre chorus, and the second part is the chorus.

Countless stars with countless worlds to explore.

We will always search for more.

Looking beyond the pale blue dot,

Our quest has begun.

Traveling over land.

Sailing over seas.

Humanities endless curiosity,

Aimed towards the stars.

Oh you are the first person to share some song writing to this thread, and I love it!

It's so poetic. I can feel a bit of a Nightwish-feel to it hehe (which is great).

Have you got music in mind?

• Administrator
9 hours ago, Jarjarisdaone said:

I have a super proggy kind vibe in mind. Synth organs and odd time signatures. Like Dream theater had a baby with nightwish orchestration. That said I have no idea how do write for a symphony. Also it's going to have probably 3 full minute of instrumental guitar solo wankery haha.

Awesomeness!

Here's mine for today. Fantasy as usual. I was half-asleep when I wrote this, but I'll fix it up at a later date, but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

-

Morty sighed. “So, if these walls fall, then it’s just me against the world. Excellent.”

Lance narrowed his eyes. “And if we all perish, you’ll have your freedom. In death.”

“I hope it doesn’t come to that. I like living.” After a pause, Morty added, “I don’t suppose you’ll be inside with us.”

Lance shook his head. “No. I need to be there with the rest of the soldiers.” He drew in a deep breath. “Whatever happens… We fought to defend our homeland and our honour. Despite the differences we have had, I am grateful for your service and loyalty. You could’ve chosen to leave but you’ve chosen to stand here and face death once more.”

“You are the key to the survival of our race, Lance,” Brawley said, placing a hand on his shoulder. “Our meeting was not by chance – you were meant to learn the truth about your origins, and to ensure our kind continues to live and not in fear. It’s been an honour fighting at your side. Whatever happens, I know you’ll succeed and become a better king than your grandfather ever was.” He removed his hand.

Start of ch 17.

---

“You sound like you know him,” Taichi said, a small frown on his features.

“A very long time ago, my young friends. The Vamdemon that was like my brother, my best friend, is not the Vamdemon today. He is beyond saving.” He shook his head sadly before returning his attention to the problem in front of them. “The Gate of Passage is your only ticket home currently. We can not open a portal from within the castle.”