Welcome to The Artist's Zone

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• AquilaTempestas

Posting Video Links   01/23/2016

Please make sure the video shows up before posting (as in, the link turns into a video instead). If the link is not showing properly, highlight it then click 'Remove Formatting' (that's the Tx)
    • AquilaTempestas

Chat Room   05/10/2016

Unsure of how to access the Chat Room after reaching 10 posts? Look for Browse in the upper right hand corner. Hover your cursor over it and you will see Chat. Click on it. 
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AquilaTempestas

Smite Rage

76 posts in this topic

Seen a teammate do something incredibly stupid? Rant about them here.

@Stubborn Saber @Sakura Alexia @Ace of Spies

Last night I had a game with a Sylvanus and Scylla. I was Zeus.They were possibly the worst teammates I've ever had. 

Sylvanus refused to heal anyone. Scylla just kept running into her deaths over and over again. She refused to return to base when she had low health.

I swear they must've been trolls. I couldn't believe how bad they both were.

In the game after? It gets worse. I was Ao Kuang paired with Kuzenbo and Jing Wei. Jing Wei kept dying over and over again and Kuzenbo? Kept dying too.

So in the third game? I was Odin with a Rata and Scylla. Rata was doing fine. I think Scylla must've been the same one from before because oh my god, she kept running into 3 vs 1 fights. If you ever see the name CAPTAINIRONTHOR2 be afraid. 

Gah.

Also... big 'ugh' to instalockers especially once a role has already been called. No. Having four assassins on one team is not a smart idea. Three mages in Joust is not great either. 

Ace of Spies likes this

1 hour ago, Loki said:

If you ever see the name CAPTAINIRONTHOR2 be afraid.

Oh I saw it once already... it kept running into trouble and it ragequitted too at some point ugh...

But overall I mostly get salty 'you rock' spammers and rage quitters, really annoying, ah yes also people who cast surrender votes when you're winning, I mean why would you do that? You're winning the match, I don't get it.

Also I don't like when teammates keep running on different sides of the map doing their own thing, we have to work together, and its worse when you're a healer too as you have to keep running around without actually contributing much, I'm like 'Hey there's only one of me'

Yeah that's all.

Posted (edited)

Well last night was fun for me when I played a few games on my own, when I say a few I of course mean around 8, anyway on one of my Joust matches the enemy team decided to go with Zeus, Odin and frigging Mercury and I already knew that game was going to shit real bloody quickly.

And I was damn well right, straight away one of our team mates (Thanatos) decides he doesn't want to take part after rushing to his death 5 times in a row in the first 2 minutes, he just hangs out at spawn and doesn't leave so Anubis and me (Bellona) become very under levelled quickly, finally he leaves but comes back 10 minutes later only to leave again after dying 2 more times. I'm surprised we lasted 13 minutes honestly, god damn massacre it was.

This reminded me just how much I hate Zeus, and Odin and the fastest dick of them all, Mercury.

Edited by Stubborn Saber
I am very good at the Engrish.

Lowlights from today

So I was Loki paired with Susano and Hades. Our idiotic Susano kept spamming you rock and cancel that then Hades joined in. What kind of fucking retard thinks it's a great idea to have two assassins???? I already locked in too. Miserable players who have no understanding of team work. I;m squishy and I die in two hits. Do you expect me to be on the front line? Asshole. Then of course both players decide to abuse me after the game for having a shit game (damn that enemy fat loki). 

Rather than get pissed, I trolled them back. They both sent me messages like 'ur gay asf' and 'i carried ur shitty ass' and 'u trash' so I said 'luv ya mate' and 'man your amazing' with lots of smiley faces. Told them 'you must feel really tough sending insults over a video game. my god, you're really going to places aren't you?' They stopped replying. He he he. God, the amount of saltiness in Smite over one bad game is hilarious. These people really have no life. Ah I love trolling them back. They get so confused they stop. Hahahahahhahahaha.

Earlier in the day, @Stubborn Saber and I got stuck with two salty Cerns. Both of them quit after dying a few times (it was their own fault for charging into the battle). Honestly, every time I get stuck with a team mate who spams 'you rock' I'm tempted to just let them die and laugh at their idiocy. I had a teammate this morning who was so desperate for a kill, they chased all the way to the titan and got killed. What an idiot. Sadly, the PS4 community is worse than the xbox community. The amount of salt is ridiculous. Come on guys, sometimes you just get out played.

Yesterday I had some people who started the match up and in the selection they didn't select anyone forcing everyone to redo the queue, why would you even sign in the match if you're not playing?

Or that other guy playing as Tyr always yesterday, that rage quit cuz we (Aquila and I) got his kills, you were dying idiot , we saved you!

AquilaTempestas likes this

The worst game ever. I've had many joust matches but nothing was as bad as this. I've never received 2 worshipers for a loss until this match. 

I was Loki paired with Vulcan and Tyr. Tyr and Vulcan got salty with each other and intentionally started to feed. Our Vulcan ran to the enemy tower and killed himself. Our Tyr then proceeded to run into every fight, stand still and let himself die over and over again. I was the only one trying. This shit makes me mad. Tyr also kept spamming woo hoo for the entire game. It was horrible.

Thank internet, I really like disconnecting, rejoining as soon as the game ends and getting hit with that 30 minute deserters penalty.

Yeah I understand why deserter penalty is a thing, but seriously, when you don't even mean to leave it's frigging annoying to be punished for something you can't control.

Sakura Alexia likes this

I honestly find the 'you rock' people are usually the worst players on the team. They might have a higher kill count, but a higher death count too. 

What did you think was going to happen? A squishy Poseidon against a Loki one on one match? Did you think Poseidon was going to win that duel?

Idiots. So you think you're great because you have the highest kill stats and the highest ranked character? You charge into battle alone against three opponents. 

And then you blame me for not helping? You run off to take on the titan leaving two squishy mages behind to fend off against a Loki, Artemis and Ah Puch. Good job man. Guess you don;t know what team work means. All you care about is having high kills and that's it.

This is why I try to play with only friends.

The 'I'm building stacks' people are annoying too. I make sure to take their minions and their kills as they never shut up about building stacks. 

Sakura Alexia likes this

Is it just me or is there suddenly a large amount of idiots polluting this game since season 4 started?

Had a game today with a Chaac and Cern whilst I was Poseidon. Chaac was cool - he was doing most of the work. Cern kept getting all the buffs (kept taking my mana buffs) then recalling back to base intentionally staying out of fights each time. Poor Chaac was left alone most of the time though I did my best to help him out. I think Chaac was getting pissed at him too - kept saying quiet every time Cern said 'you rock' 'cancel that' when poor Poseidon got ganged banged. Cern would just be sitting there at base spamming shit and only comes out when he's guaranteed an easy kill. The titan was almost dead - Cern stays at base doing nothing. I tell him to attack and Chaac says yes. Cern just sits there an goes no. Chaac and I both tell him to be quiet after Cern spams I'm the greatest.

Isn't it weird the worst players on the team are the ones that VGS spam? Also, the players that are so obsessed with getting the highest amount of kills in a game and get bitchy at you for being the lowest. You hung back and waited for me (or other teammate) to do damage then ulted at the last second and then spam 'you rock' 'cancel that' when they die. Objectives are important. Saving teammates from death is important. Yes. I had the lowest kills... from trying to save your stupid ass. Yes. Spam 'you rock' when I said 'BRB'. Ever heard of a bathroom break? Is this game being overrun with idiotic 12 year olds? 

For the love of all that is holy in the world, there's nothing worse than players who just have to chase down gods into the tower/phoenix/titan just to kill that kill. Oh, and people who don't build anti-heal when we're up against healers. And people who ask for wards, but don't ward themselves. Also can't forget the idiots who spam retreat when you're running away on low health from three gods. What do you expect me to do? Recall right there when they're one hit away? Idiots. Do these people forget it's a fucking team game? 

People who spam 'you rock' when you die as a mage. Um, I'm a bloody mage. I'm squishy as fuck with no escape. Yes. I'm really going to get away against three gods. Also, players who give up five minutes in the game when things don't go their way. I let you take your kill. You died. You complain. I take your kill. You died. You still complain. You tower dived and died. You complain your teammates didn't save you. I can't help it if your stupid enough to engage the enemy all on your own when your health is less than 50 percent. Do people not have brains???

People that take your kills when your clearly chasing down the enemy and have it under control. This tends to happen to me a lot as a Loki, Kali or Ao Kuang. 
Me - Ultimate is ready!
Team - Okay! [proceeds to watch and then they use their ult to take your kill] [you then die] Cue 'you rock' 'cancel 'that' What are you, five?

This is my other favourite scenario:
Them - [enemy on health. player also on low health. player decides to tower dive then dies] You Rock. Cancel that. Pinges you on the map.
Me - What was I supposed to do? I have no mana and low health too. Better to have one death than two dumbass.

And this one too of course:
Them - I'm building stacks x10
Me - Ok
Them - [repeat]. It's worse if you don't respond.

VGS spammers are the worst players usually. The selfish type. All they care about is getting the highest amount of kills like that makes them a great player. I don't give a shit if you're a rank ten with high kills. The moment you start spamming VGS? That's a shit player. I can't save you from your stupidity. Oh yes, I'm on a respawn. HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO HELP YOU? This game is not about getting the most kills. Why the hell is that so hard to understand? It's about WINNING TOGETHER. Like taking objectives, setting up kills, helping your falling behind teammate farm... The moment you start talking down your teammates? That's a sure fire way of ensuring your defeat.

Don't even get me started on tanks that hide behind mages or tanks that won't take tower/phoenix/titan damage. Oh, and those Ymir teammates that cockblock their own teammates so they die so they can spam 'you rock' 'cancel that'. Let's not forget the classic 'lets run away from our team healer and die yay so I can spam you rock cancel that.

This is why I try to only play with a friend or friends. At least we have fun regardless of the result.

Sakura Alexia likes this

What's the problem with people stealing your jungle buffs? Seriously I said I needed the mana buff as I was a mage, the only one of the team too, I also said please, damn you whoever you are stupid Xing Tian, you're a guardian the mana buff was meant for me...

I had to spend like the first minutes of the game constantly retreating because I kept running out of mana even with the cloak.

Also what do people have against me? Why all of them had to gang up on me right at the start of the game? At least my allies were there and saved me (barely) but damn it chill a bit, 5 against 1 right at the beginning is not nice at all.

Yesterday, before having the fun rounds of Co-op with @AquilaTempestas, Kesi, Swift King and dragon, I had some of the most frustrating games I've ever played.

There was so much kill stealing, I got ganked by 3-5 enemies every time I tried to push or attack anyone no matter what God I played, in an arena match my team ignored the siege minions and I actually found myself getting annoyed....... So I quit because it just wasn't fun anymore.

Fuck the fucking Vamana on my team who wouldn't stop spamming 'you rock' 'cancel that' to me as Ao Kuang. We had a Ymir too who was nice.

Anyways, I won the game for our team. We were up against Odin, Aphrodite and Nemesis. They surrendered after I killed Aphrodite for the fifth time in a row.

Every time I got a kill (I got 13/15 deaths for the team and I only died 3 times), Vamana would spam 'you rock' 'cancel that'. I'm like, dude, I fucking won us the game you piece of shit.

You got yourself into shitty situations every time and Ymir and I had to bail you out. What is it with Vamana players and being salty fuckers? He was building crit.

The game lasted twenty minutes. I missed my two ults the first times (thanks to stupid Aphro healing at the last minute), but finished the job with the basics anyway. Idiotic Vamana kept spamming you rock, cancel that. He couldn't finish his kills off either (had to get his ass saved by Ymir several times), so I did, then he spammed it again. For twenty two minutes, he kept spamming you rock cancel that. Do you really expect Ao Kuang to be on the front line when we have a guardian and a warrior on the team?

WE WON THE BLOODY GAME. Where's the gratitude?

When people purposefully choose the same class as you even after you've selected, especially assassins, mages and hunters, forcing you to change your own character to not have a team that is too weak. Seriously do you think 3 assassins will be effective? Are you nuts? *sighs* That's why I couldn't try either Loki or Bastet yet... damn it.

Ugh, so many salty players.

I had an Odin leaving because I as Bellona was doing better than him, what are we not allowed to have two warriors perhaps? Then always in the same match Poseidon decided to just stay at base and do nothing, of course we lost because we lacked the numbers.

Then Bastet kept spamming "no" every time I got a kill, only with me, especially when she did damage but didn't kill and run away instead, if you leave an enemy at low health someone else will take the kill no? Besides as a warrior I am made to make damage. She didn't do with anyone else though, just with me...

I had then Freya running into trouble all the time and getting killed, I was like "Hello? Freya is a mage not a warrior, she's squishy" and of course kept spamming "thanks" all the time... the same match I had such aggressive people against too, they kept ganging up on me for no reason, and again just me and no one else.

Of course to end things well I had idiots refusing to surrender even when we were losing by 150 points... you can't possibly win why would you stay? So I played badly and kept getting killed on purpose so it was over quickly, and didn't help anyone either.

I guess today is pick on Sakura's day, I wonder what I did at all...

Stubborn Saber likes this

Had a match with a Chang'e and Hou Yi on my team. Chang'e was a diamond player with 75 wins... Yet played terribly. All she did was go after mana camps and refused to heal. She'd then run into trouble and get destroyed. Not to mention she was several levels behind us. How on earth did you get 75 wins??? Must've been carried a lot.

Bloody hell... why do I keep getting awful teammates?

Who the hell thought that a team with 3 assassins, a hunter and a mage would have been good? You damn four were even playing together who thought that it was a good idea?

Also stupid you rock spammers, what was I supposed to do against a Kali? She also had me marked! You should have helped me!

And stupid cowards playing guardians and not protecting their teammates but staying nead the portal the entire time... thank you, you were really useless...

When I play as Amaterasu and someone wanders off when I'm either ulting to crowd control the other gods or using my two auras of speed/ damage output boost.

The little flower beneath your character? Do they even see it? Heres a hint people? It's a buff... White is speed, red is damage. STAY NEARBY. 

Fuck Hel. Fuck Chang'e. Fuck Aphrodite. But fuck Hel the most especially when your team decides not to build anti-heal and they keep dying as they fail to kill the healer.

Battles against healers suck. They are not fun at all. Fuck this bull shit and your endless fucking heals.

Dread teams? Aphrodite paired with a Hel/Chang'e/Hercules. Argh.

Also. Fuck Nox especially when paired with a Ymir.

Sakura Alexia likes this

Been awhile since I did one of these.

Well anyway, I had a game as Ao paired with a Hercules and Thoth whom were both in a clan together. Already, I knew this was going to end poorly.

Hercules stupidly ran into 1vs3 fights. I didn't go with him because I could see it was a dumb idea. Of course, Hercules started pinging me around the map and spamming 'you rock' 'cancel that' for thirteen minutes straight. Thoth joined him soon after. They both died far more than I did (Thoth died 9 times). Hercules got salty again when I stopped chasing down a low health Sol because my ult was on cool down and I was one hit away from dying. Would it have been better for both of us to die when our tower was already down? Don't tower dive unless you are certain you're going to get out. Don't run into 1vs3 fights and think you're going to win.

Does anyone else get the feeling that some people just don't understand how certain gods work? I'm fucking Ao Kuang. My job is to hang back and wait not be on the front line and taking all the blows and finish stragglers and squishies off. Also, I already claimed mage... Why the fuck would you instalock ANOTHER mage??? No wonder we lost so badly.

Ah damn you Anubis, why did you have to steal my mana buff? I went to get it by myself for me and then you show up and steal it! Nu Wa is a freaking mage too you know, and just because at the beginning I had left you the buff it doesn't mean you're allowed to steal it from me when I went to get it next time, so glad you died just right after, it serves you right.

Also both you and the Arachne of the next match are two freaking idiots for running in our enemies face over and over and dying multiple times, thank you for making us lose both matches...

The obsession with getting kills.

The only reason I have more kills on many of my main gods is simply because I played this game on Xbox first for many months before switching over so I was already familiar with the basics. But I insist - high kill to assists ratio doesn't mean shit. There was a time I too valued kills over assists, but I have seen the error of my ways. The only time I understand the frustration is when you do all the work and your teammate hangs back and then ults at the last second to finish it off. The only time this is acceptable is if you're a god that is kill-reliant (Kali, Thanatos, Ao Kuang, Xbalanque) who actually benefit from getting kills (Kali heals after killing marked god, Thanatos heals, Ao Kuang heals and can escape and Xbalanque's passive makes him permanently stronger).

Getting kills is nice, yes, but objectives and not feeding is better. I get that sometimes you have to kill secure (teammate misses ult or is about to die and you save them by killing the enemy god), but assists are better. It means you're a team player. 

Don't get salty unless you're a kill reliant god. You could have all the kills at the end of the match, but the lowest player damage and lowest structure damage. Guardians will always have way more assists than kills. Warriors generally have more assists than kills. Many mages have more assists than kills (especially the support mages). Same with hunters (though I have seen some Neiths and Artemis players with more kills but Neith mains are usually jerks anyway). Assassins generally do have more kills but they're selfish pricks anyway (ha ha ha). Of course, that depends on the assassin. Loki mains are cancer and ult to kill steal (guilty as charged) but Loki is an asshole anyway and designed to be a prick. 

But yeah, it's a team game. Many players tend to forget that. This is not a solo game. If you are hogging all the kills, you are depriving your teammates of gold and XP putting them behind. Don't get salty when they're dying because they're under leveled because of your hogging. If they get the kill, and you get the assist, you can always remind them, 'without my help, you would not have gotten that kill anyway' (in most cases).

Most important telling stats? Player damage mitigated. Player damage overall. Mage player with low damage (under 15 000)? Probably a mage who ran away a lot and avoided team fights. High damage mitigated? Means they were in the fights and taking the brunt of the damage and setting up kills. Low player damage? Probably a Loki who ulted to kill steal or an assassin. High minion damage? Usually a mage with a strong wave clear. 

Sakura Alexia likes this

People who wait for you to do all the work then ult/other attack the low health enemy at the last minute. That's so annoying. I don't mind it when people attack at the same time, but purposefully using your ult at the last second when your teammate clearly could've gotten the job done? That's frustrating.

34 minutes ago, AquilaTempestas said:

People who wait for you to do all the work then ult/other attack the low health enemy at the last minute. That's so annoying. I don't mind it when people attack at the same time, but purposefully using your ult at the last second when your teammate clearly could've gotten the job done? That's frustrating.

I feel like this rant is my fault, or at least some of it, I do not realize it most of the time, I want our enemies to die as quickly as possible and try to help out, but sometimes is too much help and I end up stealing kills, I apologize.

9 hours ago, Sakura Alexia said:

I feel like this rant is my fault, or at least some of it, I do not realize it most of the time, I want our enemies to die as quickly as possible and try to help out, but sometimes is too much help and I end up stealing kills, I apologize.

No no, I was on reddit looking at other similar rants lol and felt I should add my two cents as well. At least you don't actually just stand there and do nothing and then attack - I've had games where I do all the work and teammates actually do nothing them swoop in for the last hit and spam I'm the greatest. Ugh.